Belfast Council remove Union Flag

~~~

I'll ask again Kevin, why on the same day did the Nationalists use their vote to ensure a children's playpark was named after a murdering IRA scumbag?

The answer is in the question.

Despite their protestations to the contrary, Sinn Fein are just as bloody minded ,petty minded, infantile and bigoted as the most intransigent backwoods loyalist, and now that they can no longer play the only card in their hand - the poor, oppressed victim - they are showing their true colours and being revealed for what they are - a bunch of c***s.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite their protestations to the contrary, Sinn Fein are just as bloody minded ,petty minded, infantile and bigoted as the most intransigent backwoods loyalist, and now that they can no longer play the only card in their hand - the poor, oppressed victim - they are showing their true colours and being revealed for what they are - a bunch of c***s.

Exactly. The Reverse Ian Paisleys.

"Why won't you meet us in a compromise middle ground?"

Let's discuss it in Room A2:306 of the West corridor. That's third on your right, after you pass the new Bobby Sands Provo Up the Ra Telepresence Suite on far side of the block.

Exactly. The Reverse Ian Paisleys.

"Why won't you meet us in a compromise middle ground?"

Let's discuss it in Room A2:306 of the West corridor. That's third on your right, after you pass the new Bobby Sands Provo Up the Ra Telepresence Suite on far side of the block.

Reverse Ian Paisleys? You mean "Always, always, always, always....."

Always complaining

Always girning

Always whining

Always offended

Aye, you might have a point, there.

The Lagan Valley (Lisburn) Assembly member Basil McCrea (Ulster Unionists) has really blown the whole matter out of the water, pointing out that Belfast was only copying what UUP held Lisburn has been doing for the last ten years, and that was to bring themselves in line with the British mainland - so what the hell's all the fuss about?

(There's also rumours that part of the current carry on is Gerry Adams getting his old mates in West Belfast to queer McGuinness' pitch a bit by kicking off things "up North" again. Word is the two aren't exactly "bestest fwiends" these days, something to do with McGuinness accusing Adams of being a career shit-stirrer terrified of the prospect of ever having to take on the responsibilities of government like a grown-up...)

Now the Belfast UUP are wanting him expelled from the party for not playing the game properly when there's some good old fashioned public trolling between the Republicans and the Unionists going on.

:rolleyes:

Reverse Ian Paisleys? You mean "Always, always, always, always....."

Always complaining

Always girning

Always whining

Always offended

Aye, you might have a point, there.

You just don't understahn the reality of the situation.

Quite! I'm sure xbl it was that had some good figures about this previously (i.e. the policing costs of Northern Ireland).

I'd like to see what the figures are compared to the rest of the UK

Don't get me wrong, obviously i don't want to see the police going out ill equipped, but keeping in mind NI has a population of only 1.8m people

Some areas of London have more people living in it, and i'd be very surprised if they get the same amount of money from the goverment

Don't get me wrong, obviously i don't want to see the police going out ill equipped, but keeping in mind NI has a population of only 1.8m people

Some areas of London have more people living in it, and i'd be very surprised if they get the same amount of money from the goverment

The PSNI budget would normally be around £1bn but they get an extra 20%

From the Department of Justice

http://www.dojni.gov.uk/index/publications/department-of-justice-budget-2011-15_1_.pdf

The direct Barnet impact on the Department’s Resource Departmental Expenditure Limit (DEL) baseline would have been a reduction of 6.2%,however the additional allocations which the Executive has agreed provides a settlement equivalent to a 3.7% reduction (in cash terms) by the end of the 2014-15 financial year. In addition a separate funding package of £199.5m has been agreed with the UK Government to deal with the exceptional security related pressures.

So that's about an extra £10/head for everybody in northern Ireland every month.

That's costing us 25p/head a month here on the mainland

Pretty pointless comparison. The budget will be related to the policing needs. In the same way the budget for Glasgow City Centre on a Friday night or on an Old Firm day will be disproportionately resourced the same is true for Northern Ireland. They've just emerged from a 30 year conflict and there is still a real terrorist threat from dissidents. Of course the budget needs to be higher

Is it not about time we gave Northern Ireland back to the Republic?

They're a pain in the arse and are they really worth all this bother and expense?

Scotland says NO.

They could put in a new climbing wall but have it smeared with shite.

Yeah, I wonder if, when attacking the Alliance headquarters, whether the ultra Unionists got directions off the Nationalists who picketed them and smeared excrement on their walls before.

"Oh, aye, eh, it's just up there, on the right. Follow the shite smeared walls "

Talking of shite, not content with causing an uproar in Belfast, sinn fein are stirring it in Omagh District Council, ramming through a motion in support of 3 republican prisoners, 9-3, SDLP abstained and the DUP walked out, so I'm not sure who the 3 who voted against it were, presumably Ulster Unionists, unless Alliance are a lot stronger in Omagh than I'm aware of, and they were "balancing the books", so to speak! :)

They want to be ruled from London or from Dublin :unsure:

I just don't understand, what's wrong with ruling Northern Ireland from Belfast?

Ffs they've spent the last fortnight rioting over a flag. Can you imagine them if they had a serious matter to discuss.

Massive changes would have to take place in Northern society before that could take place,there is jusy no way Dublin could bribe the populace with a public sector that is more than 25% of the workforce

Plus, why would they really want the bother of NI?

Would only cause them trouble

What offences was Niall O Donghaile convicted off?

Read my post again - how could O Donghaile be the mayor of my local council - mayor I said, not Lord Mayor, if McGuinness is my MP? I've met O Donghaile, he may not have been convicted of any crimes, but he looks like he should have been! :)

Read my post again - how could O Donghaile be the mayor of my local council - mayor I said, not Lord Mayor, if McGuinness is my MP? I've met O Donghaile, he may not have been convicted of any crimes, but he looks like he should have been! :)

Good wee article here pointing out that a Mayor, or Lord Mayor should act on behalf of all citizens, not just those who voted for him.

And why couldn't he even attend a wreath laying ceremony for those who died at the Somme? That was an ecumenical battle if there ever was one, probably more casualties from the South than the North. Certainly more regiments. Or was the Kaiser somehow Celtic minded?

Archived