Belfast Council remove Union Flag

~~~

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You use the classic bigots ploy of anglizising my name to deny that anyone here shows anti Irish sentiment

Well done!

You're convinced everyone hates you because you're Irish (are you even Irish?). You're wrong. Everyone hates you because you're a c**t.

Guest Kincardine

Point proven

I think you have a point here and I must adopt your attitude on the forum.

Whenever someone disagrees with me then I will just call them an anti-Irish bigot. That's what you do, right? I will try it in my next post and see what happens.

Guest Kincardine

I think you have a point here and I must adopt your attitude on the forum.

Whenever someone disagrees with me then I will just call them an anti-Irish bigot. That's what you do, right? I will try it in my next post and see what happens.

I'd imagine most of your fellow travellers will ask if you took a sudden knock to the head

Indeed they would and rightly so - because we are fine about disagreeing without using the race card - unlike you.

Point is that people are welcome to disagree with me and often do and I would never turn it in to a race issue.

Guest Kincardine

http://www.pieandbov..._1#entry5446474

And post number nine in that particlular thread has a poster by the name of Kincardine ignoring the fact that the song in question is racist :rolleyes:

I don't see a post no. 9 nor do I see my name. Try linking again.

Edited to add: Just cut and paste what I am meant to have said. Makes it easier. Go on.

Guest Kincardine

Just goes to show how wilfully ignorant you are

Yours is the ninth post on that thread

I am not trying to be difficult here. You gave this post, did you not?

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/152491-what-is-offensive/page__st__25__p__5446474__hl__%2Bireland+%2Bfamine__fromsearch__1#entry5446474

It starts at post number 26 and continues.

On what you linked 1. I am not mentioned and 2. There is not a 9th post.

Now why not try and either link properly and just cut and paste my offending comment?

Guest Kincardine

Not difficult but wilfully ignorant

You are the ninth post on the first page of that thread

One of us is going mad here and it isn't me.

Can you agree, at least, that this is the thread you linked to?

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/152491-what-is-offensive/page__st__25__p__5446474__hl__%2Bireland+%2Bfamine__fromsearch__1#entry5446474

Now I have set my profile for 100 posts per page. Yours may be different. This is why I asked you to either quote my post or cut and paste it.

Anyway, from what you posted:

1. is from Deky

2. is from colin neverwill

3. deky

4. Liam

5. Kirkyrobroy

6. Banterman

7. Liam

8. Liam

9. Maxwellrfc

So go on. Show me my comments on that page.

Guest Kincardine

On a thread where some were condemning the famine song but most were not

Get a fucking life. The thread is found here and is entitled, :" What is offensive"

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/152491-what-is-offensive/page__p__5437690#entry5437690

My reply to that thread was, as you quoted:

"Racist chants, though thankfully rare nowadays, are offensive. I'd also say that football is pretty homophobic. Even on P&B there's a sprinkling of homophobia and sexism and I don't think that's acceptable.

Apart from that? Can't recall anything I'm offended by. I certainly dislike some songs and chants - from my own club and other - but that's not the same as being offended.

Oh one thing. Fans pretending to be a race just so they can be offended is offensive!"

I stand by every word of that. In fact I think it's a pretty good post.

Now given that you're on this 'Famine song' and 'Anti-Irish racism' kick please tell me how anything I have said could possibly fit in to that. Not one jot that I have said is a slight on anyone.

Guest Kincardine

You clearly sought to downplay anti Irish racism with your pitiful comment about fans pretending to be different races

keep deflecting and denying you sad case

Let me quote again my post that you were so keen to show in a bad light and that you found so offensive:

"Racist chants, though thankfully rare nowadays, are offensive. I'd also say that football is pretty homophobic. Even on P&B there's a sprinkling of homophobia and sexism and I don't think that's acceptable.

Apart from that? Can't recall anything I'm offended by. I certainly dislike some songs and chants - from my own club and other - but that's not the same as being offended.

Oh one thing. Fans pretending to be a race just so they can be offended is offensive!"

You dredged this up from 18 months ago and it's a quote that derides racism, sexism and homophobia. I am proud of saying that.

It does in no way, "Downplay anti Irish racism".

It is a perfectly reasonable quote and I would ask anyone n here to challenge what I said.

Guest Kincardine

Kincardine, this guy could lead you to hurt yourself. I'd advise you to back away.

Dom, I know he has an agenda and I also know that I can be outspoken at times but I can never be accused of what he's accusing.

Guest Kincardine

You ignored the anti Irish racism inherent in the famine song,gave a supposedly general denunciation of bigoted views but then nullified it by offering a sly dig at all those that are offending by the song itself

It betrays your attitude and leaves no room for doubt

Let me remind you of the thread that you quoted. You can find it here:

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/152491-what-is-offensive/page__p__5437690#entry5437690

Let me remind you that my post was the 9th on the thread.

Let me point out that no mention was made on the thread about any famine before I posted.

How the f**k could I then ignore, "the anti Irish racism inherent in the famine song"? I am not Mystic fucking Meg you cretin.

Hey, just for your sake I will amend my post from 2011:

"Racist chants - and I am looking at those who will post later on this thread about The Famine Song because I have a crystal ball - are thankfully rare nowadays"

Does that help or are you still a total warmer?

From what you posted I am an anti-Irish racist because I didn't guess that a thread I posted on using anti-racist terms could turn out to make me a racist.

Is that about right?

Guest Kincardine

:rolleyes:

A retrospective amendment after you had first denied posting!

Show me where I denied posting and I'll give £10 to a charity of your choice. If you can't show my denial then I'd ask for a tenner for Maggies in Glasgow. Link for your donation is here:

http://www.maggiesce...CFUbKtAod5j4AYw

What I said was you didn't quote me on the page that you originally linked to - and that is beyond doubt.

Thee simple fact of the matter is you were having a dig at those that are "pretending to be another race" which was a clear inference to the people of Scotland that are of an Irish background,the same people that the famine song is mocking so your empty headed justification holds no water

What I said was unequivocal: "Fans pretending to be a race just so they can be offended is offensive!" However you are wrong in so many ways to think that just applies to, "the people of Scotland that are of an Irish background,the same people that the famine song is mocking"?

Look at how fans from my own club have reacted recently to put my remark in to context.

My comment should actually be seen as quite prescient.

The Finucane thing goes undiscussed as it goes without saying that its a disgrace. There isnt really an alternative view to discuss.

However, I think there are some anti-Irish posters on here. Not from religion but just from a dislike of NI/ROI. HB and the Jewish policy stuff, that kind of thing is fair game, but some of the stuff in the ABI thread during the Euros from memory was OTT. Wouldnt mind a re-read of that if I get time but presume its deleted now.

You ignored the anti Irish racism inherent in the famine song,gave a supposedly general denunciation of bigoted views but then nullified it by offering a sly dig at all those that are offending by the song itself

It betrays your attitude and leaves no room for doubt

That's a bit rich, considering your blatant ignoring of HB's question. Shall I post it for you again? I genuinely would like to hear your answer to it.

I notice Kevin, that yet again you have ignored the question :-

I'll ask a third time, you apologist p***k.

"Why, on the same day that Nationalist politicians, voted on the Belfast flag issue, did they use their votes in Newry to name a child's playpark after a murdering IRA scumbag?"

Do you condemn the Nationalists for this? Yes, or no?

Its pretty evident to me on this thread that Caoimhin has a strong dislike for the Unionist community in Northern Ireland. Which begs the question does this thinly veiled contempt make him an anti-Irish racist? I think it might ;)

Ulster unionists don't see themselves as Irish, they see themselves as "Bradash".

Despite not actually being from Britain.

Archived