Belfast Council remove Union Flag

~~~

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-32732009

Strange story this - if I'm reading it right, the fraudsters had the guts of a week to take the money out of the account, but didn't.

They went to the bother of opening a fake account but never got round to lifting their ill gotten gains.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-foyle-west-32732009

Strange story this - if I'm reading it right, the fraudsters had the guts of a week to take the money out of the account, but didn't.

They went to the bother of opening a fake account but never got round to lifting their ill gotten gains.

The money was just resting in their account.

Point 2, that Paisley stuff was around for a couple of decades and was ignored. Tip of the iceberg, lol. Now that is ironic pathos.....

Kincora was dealt with out in the open with a trial when the Troubles were at their height. There's a reason why TFS tip was the one that saw the light of day. If any sodomy was involved big Ian and co were not likely to be comfortable with it. Paisley had his faults but he wasn't like a TV evangelist in the US getting all the mugs to send in money so he can afford to snort cocaine off a hookers diddies. He really meant it on the sky fairy stuff.

According to Bercow today, MPs don't get there salary until they've done the oath to Lizzie.

I'll assume this means SF MPs don't get paid?

They do the constituency work and lobbying on their behalf, so they need expenses to cover that. If you ever have a gander at BBC Parliament when PMQ isn't on you can see how many other MPs actually turn up.

Yes and No

All right, I shall have a go.

Cakegate

Were I a baker and asked to write a slogan on a cake supporting gay marriage then I would do so happily.

Were I asked to write something like, "Aberdeen have won two European trophies" then I would tell the customer to GTF and I will not write such nonsense.

The interesting thing is that the equality commissioner in NI said on the wireless that it's nothing about the message. This is simply cant writ large. It is everything about the message and folk should feel free to accept or reject what they are asked to write on cakes, FFS.

Chuckles

Not my favourite person but he showed true grace in shaking Adams' hand. I'd have spat in the b*****d's eye. Maybe he's learning from his maw?

Unless I was really broke I would refuse to ice a cake with "Ban Gay Marriage", "Vote UKIP" or any other message I seriously disagreed with. People should be done for refusing to serve people because of their sexuality, not for refusing to promote something they disagree with. Freedom of speech includes not having to express something you are against. This case rips the piss out of equal rights legislation and makes it look ridiculous.

Chuckles

Not my favourite person but he showed true grace in shaking Adams' hand. I'd have spat in the b*****d's eye. Maybe he's learning from his maw?

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I had to shake hands with the Sinn Fein Lord Mayor of Belfast a few years ago, although granted he wasn't an ex terrorist, just an apologiser for, and excuser of, ex-terrorists.

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I had to shake hands with the Sinn Fein Lord Mayor of Belfast a few years ago, although granted he wasn't an ex terrorist, just an apologiser for, and excuser of, ex-terrorists.

I am sure that Charles and you were absolutely right.

Cakegate?

I am sure that Charles and you were absolutely right.

Cakegate?

I think the big mistake that Ashers made was in originally accepting the order and then cancelling it the next day.

I don't think a business is obliged to "promote something they disagree with" as welshbairn said.

Would a Palestinian tee shirt printer be expected to print a tee shirt saying "Support Jewish Settlements on The West Bank"?

Or a Jewish baker to bake a cake adorned with "There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is His prophet"?

I think the big mistake that Ashers made was in originally accepting the order and then cancelling it the next day.

I don't think a business is obliged to "promote something they disagree with" as welshbairn said.

Would a Palestinian tee shirt printer be expected to print a tee shirt saying "Support Jewish Settlements on The West Bank"?

Or a Jewish baker to bake a cake adorned with "There is no God but Allah and Mohammed is His prophet"?

As far as I'm aware the law is that if you are open to the public then you must not discriminate against anyones ethnic origin or sexual orientation, so basically they cannot turn someone away for being gay as they have done so in this case,

It may be a little different though if you ask for something political ,for example the West Bank thing.

I have used Ashers before but can honestly say I wouldn't touch anything of theirs with a barge pole now, I'm sure a lot of people will feel the same way, probably they'll be happier with good ,god fearing DUP types who can come in and discuss their vile outdated bigoted views with each other over a custard slice .

Archived