Depression

We'll have to agree to disagree then but my professional experience is that you are wrong. You're correct, however, that lifestyle issues certainly play a big part but that's not the sole contributor to poor physical health as a result of depression.

Which serious illnesses ddoes depression cause?

Which serious illnesses ddoes depression cause?

It's not a case of specific illnesses being caused by depression, it's far more complex. Consider the physiology involved. Brain function is altered in depression which can impact on any and all of the processes controlled by the brain. Heart, lung, hormone, liver, kidney, you name it, it can be affected by the changes in depression.

I've had a better couple of days, went to the gym a couple of times to relax myself a bit and get all my frustrations out. Had a good chat with one of my pals that's had a few issues and he's a lot better, which has put my mind at ease a lot. Onwards and upwards.

No it hasn't that's literally impossible. Lifestyle issues associated with it do, as I said in my first post, depression itself cannot possibly make you seriously physically ill.

Well, it's not like anyone is linking depression to cancer here but to say it doesn't have an effect on your physical health is plain wrong.

You haven't stated a fact. You made an untrue assertion. I described how you are wrong, you gave an answer that completely ignored that. You are at it.

Ots you that made the untrue assertion then when asked to back it up couldn't. There are precisely zero serious illnesses caused by depression.

The brain's a physical thing, and depression can often be mitigated by altering the chemical balance through medication. There's a false dichotomy between mental and physical illnesses, especially by morons who think that what we call mental illnesses somehow aren't "real".

Yours

FuzzyAffro

Edited by welshbairn

Who said that? I said that depression is not a serious physical illness and does not cause any. That's indisputable fact. Go to a cancer ward if you want to see people with real physical illnesses, maybe tell them you're depressed as you think you might not fulfill all your ambitions they'll tell you they might not be alive at xmas so would swap places with you in a heartbeat. That's my point. Compared to them depressed people are very lucky. That helped me put my own depression into perspective. I thought sharing that might help others, but all I have got is abuse.

You folk are just uttering drivel as you are offended by my position, the guy talking about steamrollers that would cause brain damage and a fractured skull minimum, that would make a person seriously physically ill. Depression does not, it is demeaning to those who are physically ill to compare the two.