Depression

Evening lads.

Met my ex before training. She told me the reason she split up with me was because of her ex which i understand. But she keeps hanging about withthis another laddie at the same training despite telling me a few weeks ago she hated him:(. Many others at training said to me that they think my ex and him are going out.

I didn't break down when i spoke to her thankfully but i felt upset more than i thought i would be. When i was training earlier. Many of my mates noticed i felt a bit off. I misplaced a couple of passes but thankfully i ran 20yards to score and took out all of my emotion on the ball and smashed the ball into the net from 9yards out :lol:

I saw her after training for about 30seconds and she knew i was upset :(. But she went and met this another laddie after training too. Since then i feel like crap and really cba speaking to my mates :(.

I might as well go and have a night out in Dundee with Matty and peeeel. ;).

Time to move on i think and start looking again :(

Just found out something else today. This laddie and my ex slept together last night :(

Fucking knew something was going on between them :(

Edited by Eoin Doyle

Just found out something else today. This laddie and my ex slept together last night :(

Fucking knew something was going on between them :(

Conclusive proof, mate, that this lassie just isn't worth getting upset over.

She wasn't the one for you, mate - no need to analyse it much more than that.

Try another one. :)

Conclusive proof, mate, that this lassie just isn't worth getting upset over.

She wasn't the one for you, mate - no need to analyse it much more than that.

Try another one. :)

Did manage to chat up a bird on twitter last night 8) talking about our game yesteday :wub::thumsup2

She asked me if i was okay, i said i'am but really i'm not. How can face him on Wednesday at Training when i know he slept with my ex? :(

Edited by Eoin Doyle

Did manage to chat up a bird on twitter last night 8) talking about our game yesteday :wub::thumsup2

She asked me if i was okay, i said i'am but really i'm not. How can face him on Wednesday at Training when i know he slept with my ex? :(

Going by your previous posts, it sounds like you're well out of it. Probably best to break all contact with her - stop taking calls or replying to texts etc. Personally, I've always found it best to distance myself from serious exes - staying friends sounds great in principle, but so often prolongs the agony as it were. There's not been that connection with people you've only went out with a few times, so it's a lot easier to maintain a friendship with them.

I know it sounds kind of facile, but don't give either of them the satisfaction of knowing you're bothered. If he gives you any grief about it at training, just ask him if the only thing that kept him rigid throughout was the fact he was stirring your porridge!

Going by your previous posts, it sounds like you're well out of it. Probably best to break all contact with her - stop taking calls or replying to texts etc. Personally, I've always found it best to distance myself from serious exes - staying friends sounds great in principle, but so often prolongs the agony as it were. There's not been that connection with people you've only went out with a few times, so it's a lot easier to maintain a friendship with them.

I know it sounds kind of facile, but don't give either of them the satisfaction of knowing you're bothered. If he gives you any grief about it at training, just ask him if the only thing that kept him rigid throughout was the fact he was stirring your porridge!

I'm gonna pretend i don't know. :)

But everyone at training is gonna go mental on Wednesday when they find out :lol:

Y'know what? He's probably gonna make himself as welcome as a pork pie at a bar mitzvah when the other guys find out - instant ostracism!

:lol:

I'm gonna play him along on Wednesday. It's our last training session until after the new year. :thumsup2

:lol:

I'm gonna play him along on Wednesday. It's our last training session until after the new year. :thumsup2

Best thing to do, be professional and it'll probably be so uncomfortable for him he'll have to leave.

You're the better person here mate.

Best thing to do, be professional and it'll probably be so uncomfortable for him he'll have to leave.

You're the better person here mate.

I'm just gonna go in the changing rooms and just act normal. Pretend i don't know nothing. :)

Just found out my wifes mother has bought only a one way ticket when on her way to the USA. We have been told she will be back just before xmas. Quite incredible. Social has been informed and aslong as there is someone over the age of 18 who is there, then there is no issue, this 20 year old ( is a sibling) who is looking after the children has had her own kid taken off her for being a dreadful mother. Again the social dont see this as an issue, we have also explained that her Mother who is away who dosnt work, how does she afford this? She is also a carer to one of the kids who has alot of learning difficulties. The response again by the social was, we will deal with this when she returns. Since she has been away, 2 weeks or so, 2 kids out of 8 who stay at home have ended up in hospital and one has ran away from home ( he does that alot so not something new). So while me and my wife have our own life and kids to look after, we also have this over our head. She has been rather upset today and to be honest only thing i have done was taken the boys out to pretty much get out the road. Why am i typing this here, i generally do not no.

The only thing I could think of would be escalating this to the Social dept's heid honcho, or even go to your MP's next surgery.

Could your GP help with any support to you and your wife?

Good luck- sounds like a hard time being had to put it mildly.

Asked the wife what she was thinking, she wants left to it as its her brothers and sisters. She was gonna be phoning the social on her mum before but decided against it, this scenario however has changed everything. Its not something we need to be going on. Just have to see what will happen next. Pretty crazy stuff

I'm sure you'll both do what's for the best, take care of yourselves.

Agree with what has been said about ex's keeping in contact with them initally seems like the good guy thing to do but as soon as one of you moves onto someone else it will create friction in the friendship and really not end well. Obviously by the sound of ED's situation sounds like your ex and team mate had known before you split up they wanted to get together

Heading home for xmas this year, was going to stay in Edinburgh but due to my gran dying I need to make sure im there for everyone. Wont make it any easier with everything thats happened this year but got other people to think about and got enough visits to do to keep my mind busy

Agree with what has been said about ex's keeping in contact with them initally seems like the good guy thing to do but as soon as one of you moves onto someone else it will create friction in the friendship and really not end well. Obviously by the sound of ED's situation sounds like your ex and team mate had known before you split up they wanted to get together

Heading home for xmas this year, was going to stay in Edinburgh but due to my gran dying I need to make sure im there for everyone. Wont make it any easier with everything thats happened this year but got other people to think about and got enough visits to do to keep my mind busy

i was jealous of those two when i was going out with her a few weeks ago and we managed to sort things out 2 weeks ago. Fair enough we aren't together anymore but when you've just split up with someone then go and sleep with someone else a few days later. It is a bit suspicious.

Thank f**k it's the last training session on Wednesday for the year. This gives me time to sort myself head out and decide what to do. As it stands i'am gonna pack in my football and find another club because if i'm on the same part of the pitch of him on Wednesday i will likely say something to him :(.

Edited by Eoin Doyle

You have already said the rest of the guys will give him grief over it so sounds like they are backing you over this, don't feel like you are the one who should give up something you like doing because of one guy

i was jealous of those two when i was going out with her a few weeks ago and we managed to sort things out 2 weeks ago. Fair enough we aren't together anymore but when you've just split up with someone then go and sleep with someone else a few days later. It is a bit suspicious.

Thank f**k it's the last training session on Wednesday for the year. This gives me time to sort myself head out and decide what to do. As it stands i'am gonna pack in my football and find another club because if i'm on the same part of the pitch of him on Wednesday i will likely say something to him :(.

How close are you to the lad? I'd ask him outright if he was sleeping with your girlfriend while you were with her. If he says no then there's not really any bad blood to be had, you can't go your whole life hating every boy that's pumping your ex. If he says yes then from what your saying your teammates will back you up and eventually he'll be forced out the team, no point getting upset and excluding yourself when you've done nothing wrong.

That's all fine and well if he actually admits to it right enough, if he's man enough you'd expect him to.