Sons' sorrow

Not to put a downer on yesterday's result or anything but I'd forgotten my hat yesterday and decided I'd just buy a new one at the club shop, only to find two weeks before Christmas we had none. Not one. So anyone trying to pick up a hat for a Christmas present, or trying to spend some hard earned cash at the club would've been out of luck.

Why is our club so poor at this? It's actually laughably pathetic but I'd love to know the business justification for it.

Not to put a downer on yesterday's result or anything but I'd forgotten my hat yesterday and decided I'd just buy a new one at the club shop, only to find two weeks before Christmas we had none. Not one. So anyone trying to pick up a hat for a Christmas present, or trying to spend some hard earned cash at the club would've been out of luck.

Why is our club so poor at this? It's actually laughably pathetic but I'd love to know the business justification for it.

I made a post about this, a few pages back. It's laughable that all they have for sale is a Car Pennant or a Pin badge.

I made a post about this, a few pages back. It's laughable that all they have for sale is a Car Pennant or a Pin badge.

I asked the girl behind the counter why we didn't have any worthy stock a fortnight before Christmas and her exact quote was "they only but it in at the start of the season and refuse to re-stock". Make of that what you will.

Could the Trust not look at running their own merchandising sideline? Or would that ruffle too many sensitive feathers?

I asked the girl behind the counter why we didn't have any worthy stock a fortnight before Christmas and her exact quote was "they only but it in at the start of the season and refuse to re-stock". Make of that what you will.

Could the Trust not look at running their own merchandising sideline? Or would that ruffle too many sensitive feathers?

The Trust do an awful lot of the Club's dirty work already.

Much as it would be an excellent idea, The Trust shouldn't do it just to bail out those that haven't got the forsesight to sell products that those inconvenient fans might want to buy.

Not having a good selection of merchandise is unacceptable for a business, certainly of our size, in this current climate.

There'll be a reason trotted out for it I'm sure, but whatever reason is given, it's an excuse only, as it's nothing short of shoddy and embarrassing.

It's December and there's not much on sale in the club shop, who at the club is content with that situation and justifies it as such?

The Trust do an awful lot of the Club's dirty work already.

Much as it would be an excellent idea, The Trust shouldn't do it just to bail out those that haven't got the forsesight to sell products that those inconvenient fans might want to buy.

I understand that the Trust is already in charge of commercial activity. Alan Findlay is Commercial Director isn't he?