Sons' sorrow

This ^

I think we have a lot of competition at the minute, the likes of Raith require strikers and that's a more attractive option that ourselves for most players, you also have Livi, Queens and Alloa looking to strengthen as well as Ayr etc. The quicker we can get them in the better but I'd rather hold fire until we sign players that will ultimately benefit the squad as a whole.

If Stevie can move quickly he obviously will but if his initial targets end up elsewhere he will have to work hard at securing others. That wont happen overnight unfortunately.

Gallagher on the wing isn't ideal but results have actually been a lot better with him out there (not saying that's why results have been good). I think it's actually where he's been most effective since he joined, I was really unimpressed with him in his natural position prior to that.

Ideally we'll sign a winger, a striker and a creative midfielder but I have no idea whether the budget will stretch to 3. Those tend to be the hardest players to come by so Stevie really has to get these bang on. I don't think his dealings in the summer have done him any favours, we shouldn't rely on the January window to sign key players. I'm also hoping we get Saunders and Barr tied up pronto, I can't say I'd be best pleased if the likes of our captain disappeared half way through a season. I'm still not convinced we should have made a guy on a 6 month deal the captain in the first place but I do believe the 6 month deal was a wise move given his injury situation, although I'm not sure why we didn't extend the contracts sooner when both showed they were fit enough.

Interesting few weeks ahead and I'm impatient as f**k :(

I've totally written tomorrow off as far as a result goes and although I don't think anyone outside of the top 3 are miles better than us I think we'll struggle away to Raith because we always seem to struggle away to Raith

Edit: FFS - Quoted you twice

Edited by untitled00

When's the draw? I miss it when they conducted the draw directly after the fixtures. That moment we knocked Raith out piled on the bus as the draw was made and drew Celtic at Parkhead was amazing.

I think I saw - on here somewhere - that the draw is Monday at 6.15pm

Heard today that we are looking further afield for signings, specifically down south and in Spain. Been too long since we had a proper exotic sounding player in our ranks. Arlan Kadima Mpata I think was the last one.

Also heard that Jaz is wanting away, fair enough I guess seen as he's unlikely to play for us again. Be good to get some competition in for Brown if we could.

Heard today that we are looking further afield for signings, specifically down south and in Spain. Been too long since we had a proper exotic sounding player in our ranks. Arlan Kadima Mpata I think was the last one.

Also heard that Jaz is wanting away, fair enough I guess seen as he's unlikely to play for us again. Be good to get some competition in for Brown if we could.

can't say I'm surprised about jaz, but it would be beneficial for both parties. Could we find an emeka obidile?

Interesting, but only if they are up to the standard we need/want! I am surprised about Jaz. He surely knew he would be on the bench all year? Also, he was happy to do it last season under Rogers so why not this? Possible he has came to the realisation that he is getting older/more unfit and needs to play but not sure why that has happened quite so suddenly.

can't say I'm surprised about jaz, but it would be beneficial for both parties. Could we find an emeka obidile?

Speaking of Obidile I did a wee bit of searching to see if I could find out what he was up to now and I came across this article:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_div_1/2905467.stm

Interesting moment happened in that game

Russell, brought down by Frazer Wright on 15 minutes, blasted the spot-kick off the underside of the crossbar.

Funny how much changes in 12 and a bit years...and how much stays the same.

I'd forgotten that Gary McCutcheon had ever played for us. Cheers for reminding of that S08, ya p***k.

I think I was about 5 years old when he signed. I have absolutely no memory of him at all. I only remembered the people that scored and the goalkeepers up until about 2006 :lol:

According to Wikipedia he's a youth coach at Stranraer and playing with Wigtown and Bladnoch. Seems to have been quite the goalz machine in Ireland. Also couldn't help but notice Crusaders nickname is 'The Hatchetmen' :lol:

He came on in 61 minutes but Stranraer were already 2-0 down.

Forced Johansen into a pretty crude tackle after beating him as well. He'll tear that division a new one when he's on form, it's just a matter of how on form he fancies being.