Sons' sorrow

I think the banning order is fine, my point was more that 200 hours of service seems at odds with the offence.

His kid wasnt with him when he commited the act and he'd had a good drink apparently.

Would you rather nothing had been done? Stop whinging, you plum. Some c***s are never happy.

I'd have old firm fans shot on sight, and that's not even the ones playing up, so to see one getting what in my view is a pretty lenient punishment for a repeated offender is fine by me.

Do I think football fans are too harshly treated by law in general? Yes, very much so, but not in this instance. He's a scum bag c**t getting what he deserves for acting like a scum bag c**t. I'd drown him and his ilk in the Leven.

I think the banning order is fine, my point was more that 200 hours of service seems at odds with the offence.

His kid wasnt with him when he commited the act and he'd had a good drink apparently.

I fail to see the fact that 'he'd had a good drink' as a viable excuse. Anyone that feels the need to act like a pellet because they've had a drink simply shouldn't drink. Only in the west of Scotland would that be treated as an understandable reason. I can enjoy a drink without having to dish vile abuse out and sing offensive songs and I'm sure most of us normal people can too.

The biggest insult is that, like all scumbags, his lawyer stated that whilst he has a long history of drink problems, he hasn't drank since the offence.

Like getting lifted and charged is some sort of epiphany in his life that helps him stop doing something that he's never been able to stop before. Complete baws that is purely spouted to try and reduce any potential punishment.

I've seen plenty of my mates have a drink and not turn into bigots. Seems a bizarre excuse to use.

I think it's great he's been banned for that length of time, hopefully prevents his wee man turning out like his Da, and that's the most important thing.

If you misbehave at a football match a steward would normally remove you.

Why didnt that happen if he was drunk and had came to police attention already?

in what other licensed premises would that be allowed to happen?

Again, i'm not condoning the guys behaviour but I dont think the punishment matches the crime here. I appreciate that sectarianism is a problem in our country but this seems deliberately over the top, perhaps in an effort to discourage further instances.

I'd suggest that the Dumbartpn No Surrender flag rangers' fans put up on our fence cause more offense yet nothing happens there.

If you misbehave at a football match a steward would normally remove you.

Why didnt that happen if he was drunk and had came to police attention already?

in what other licensed premises would that be allowed to happen?

Again, i'm not condoning the guys behaviour but I dont think the punishment matches the crime here. I appreciate that sectarianism is a problem in our country but this seems deliberately over the top, perhaps in an effort to discourage further instances.

I'd suggest that the Dumbarton No Surrender flag rangers' fans put up on our fence cause more offense yet nothing happens there.

I'd chuck it while you're ahead. Oops you're not ahead. Probably best still to chuck it anyway.

You're not winning this argument on this thread. Maybe the Rangers thread but not this one.

I agree the flag is offensive but can also be argued to be not and hence it is tolerated. However that idiots rant cannot. Glad they clamping down. He won't do it again hopefully.

Im not trying to win any argument; i've acknowledged the guys behaviour was out of order but asked if the punishment fits the crime. It seems over the top.

Anyhoo; the back four and goalie picks itself just now. Jono will play and so will walsh and nade.

I'd arrange midfield and forwards

jono

Cawley fleming walsh

Heh

Nade

The Dumbarton No Surrender flag is an abomination but it's not sectarian, which is why nothing can be done about it other than fans cringing through their fingers every time it's unvieled.

It makes me want to curl up and die on the spot due to excessive cringe waves flowing through my body. I have nae idea what it means but aye, apparently it's not sectarian.

WATP

Would you rather nothing had been done? Stop whinging, you plum. Some c***s are never happy.

I'd have old firm fans shot on sight, and that's not even the ones playing up, so to see one getting what in my view is a pretty lenient punishment for a repeated offender is fine by me.

Do I think football fans are too harshly treated by law in general? Yes, very much so, but not in this instance. He's a scum bag c**t getting what he deserves for acting like a scum bag c**t. I'd drown him and his ilk in the Leven.

Whilst agreeing that the guy's behaviour was unacceptable and that he deserves punishment, probably what he was singing or shouting wasn't any worse than what you've written here.

I sat next to a son of William a few years ago and perhaps I was lucky not to be flung out. Mainly due to my response to his actions.

I didn't respond to a sheriff but barred myself from games when I would face the same bile.

I do think our board have done an excellent job at trying not to let away support in our end.

Some of the comments (many of them valid ones) on today's match thread about where we may be headed got me thinking and having a swatch at the forthcoming fixtures...

We're currently 5pts clear of Livingston who also lost today.

After we play Hibs, we then play Alloa, Livingston and Falkirk, the first two of which will be massive for us.

Livingston play Alloa, Morton and then ourselves.

Today was a big blow to us and we were very, very poor, particularly with no incision upfront, but all is far from lost.

With the fixtures the way they are over the coming weeks, we still have points to be gained. I'd rather be where we are with the points, than where Livi are, behind, and I imagine Livi would too.

Hopefully with Fleming and Nade being fit for the forthcoming games, we can pick up some points in what is going to be a pivotal next few games in our season.

Some of the comments (many of them valid ones) on today's match thread about where we may be headed got me thinking and having a swatch at the forthcoming fixtures...

We're currently 5pts clear of Livingston who also lost today.

After we play Hibs, we then play Alloa, Livingston and Falkirk, the first two of which will be massive for us.

Livingston play Alloa, Morton and then ourselves.

Today was a big blow to us and we were very, very poor, particularly with no incision upfront, but all is far from lost.

With the fixtures the way they are over the coming weeks, we still have points to be gained. I'd rather be where we are with the points, than where Livi are, behind, and I imagine Livi would too.

Hopefully with Fleming and Nade being fit for the forthcoming games, we can pick up some points in what is going to be a pivotal next few games in our season.

I think you should worry more about Alloa picking up than us, on recent performances against the clubs around us we have no hope of catching you.

I half expect nade and fleming to be rested on tuesday now, if theres any chance of them playing.

I'm still supportive of aitken. I think he tried to make a decent fist of a shite hand today.

Totally agree with this

Likewise. Lots of football to be played and the squad has quality in places.

After the Morton game, fans here were calling for wholesale changes, dropping players and bringing in Kirky, Don, Heh etc but in advance of that game we had been doing decently. Level heads required as we are in a good spot in 8th with points up our sleeve. Of course, no margin for massive errors but if you had looked at the fixtures at the start of the season - would you have said at St Mirren away we were likely to pick up points? Livi, Alloa, Raith, Morton (at home) games crucial.

Stevie has all my support - no reason to think otherwise. Still Scotland (UK's?) best part-time team as of Feb 2016. Lets make it through till May so we can have another season of Championship football!

Edit: brackets

Edited by KennyWilsonsMoustache

I think you should worry more about Alloa picking up than us, on recent performances against the clubs around us we have no hope of catching you.

Alloa are a concern as well, but given that it's you guys who are directly below us at the moment, it's you who we're looking over our shoulders at.

As I said, I reckon the picture will be clearer after the next three or four games.