Sons' sorrow

Time and time again this season we've got ourselves unexpected wins and followed it up with absolute dugshite against the teams around us. We can say that no one deserved to be dropped from the Hibs game but it's horses for courses, we need to play the team in front of us and having Darren Barr in midfield today was as much use as a choclate teapot. The management really need to earn their crust over the last quarter. Talking about finishing in the top half during the week and producing that shite today should have alarm bells ringing.

Edited by The Moonster

Time and time again this season we've got ourselves unexpected wins and followed it up with absolute dugshite against the teams around us. We can say that no one deserved to be dropped from the Hibs game but it's horses for courses, we need to play the team in front of us and having Darren Barr in midfield today was as much use as a choclate teapot. The management really need to earn their crust over the last quarter. Talking about finishing in the top half during the week and producing that shite today should have alarm bells ringing.

It is interesting the similarities between us this year and Alloa last. They picked up a lot more points vs Hib, Hearts, Rangers last year yet we know they just escaped through the play offs... we will have to do the same unless we improve vs the teams around us.

I thought Buchanan was quite error-prone today.

I think the strongest back 4 is probably Saunders, Barr, Wright and Docherty.

Midfield? Routledge and Lindsay are the strongest pair. Either side of them is a problem. I'd probably go for Waters on the left as even if his attacking play isnt always great (2 big chances today he couldnt take advantage of), his defensive work is usually sound. Walsh hasnt convinced me at all and today he did virtually nothing whilst on the park. Would we be better going with Taggart wide right? Or even Kirkpatrick?

Up front it's Nade. Cawley was poor again today. Fleming offered nothing when he came on. Donald is willing but still very raw.

Its not that we don't know our best 11 that worries me. It's that our best 11 is so devoid of creativity and goals.

I thought Buchanan was quite error-prone today.

I think the strongest back 4 is probably Saunders, Barr, Wright and Docherty.

Midfield? Routledge and Lindsay are the strongest pair. Either side of them is a problem. I'd probably go for Waters on the left as even if his attacking play isnt always great (2 big chances today he couldnt take advantage of), his defensive work is usually sound. Walsh hasnt convinced me at all and today he did virtually nothing whilst on the park. Would we be better going with Taggart wide right? Or even Kirkpatrick?

Up front it's Nade. Cawley was poor again today. Fleming offered nothing when he came on. Donald is willing but still very raw.

Its not that we don't know our best 11 that worries me. It's that our best 11 is so devoid of creativity and goals.

Re Kirkpatrick, Nicky Phinn has produced more over the last two seasons - seriously.

Walsh is rapidly moving into that club whose membership includes Haswell, Halsman, McKinnon, etc.,ie 'How The F*** Did They Arrive At A Premiership Club?'

Re Kirkpatrick, Nicky Phinn has produced more over the last two seasons - seriously.

Walsh is rapidly moving into that club whose membership includes Haswell, Halsman, McKinnon, etc.,ie 'How The F*** Did They Arrive At A Premiership Club?'

He didn't to be fair.

Anyway, I'm going to say it here first. If we don't win on Tuesday night we're finishing 9th.

Livingston are dire, as are we, but they have Liam Buchanan and Jordan White. Two strikers with quality far beyond what we've got. Add in Ben Gordon at the back and Pittman, Telfer and Stanton and they've got more quality in key areas than us. I fear they could do what they did last season again, as they seem to be fairly high on confidence just now.

In Sebastian Osei-Obengo we trust. Possibly.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

I'd never put kirky in the same bracket as phinn, but unfair, I never seen him today, but he has had a wretched season under Stevie, confidence must be shot. We will be lucky to scrape over the line, Tuesday is now a must win, but not guaranteed. Where are goals coming from, I did say awhile ago, that the jury was out on Walsh, I don't think he wants to be here

I couldn't make it to the TMA today so I can't comment but by the sounds of things it was another disappointing performance, adding a little more pressure on Tuesday night.

I would have said 6 out of 9 points from Hibs, Alloa & Livi would have gone some way to help avoiding the bottom two spots, but we have become very hard to predict.

I'm pretty sure S08 or the likes will pop up with the stat's, but what is our biggest run of wins this season? 2-3 games?

Edited by albundy

I heard that Walsh is training under the tutelage of Craig lynes.i expect next season following his release from rangers he will be playing for Clyde. He adds little to the team. Maybe it is time to give heh an extended run in the team.

Heh is injured.

I couldn't make it to the TMA today so I can't comment but by the sounds of things it was another disappointing performance, adding a little more pressure on Tuesday night.

I would have said 6 out of 9 points from Hibs, Alloa & Livi would have gone some way to help avoiding the bottom two spots, but we have become very hard to predict.

I'm pretty sure S08 or the likes will pop up with the stat's, but what is our biggest run of wins this season 2-3 games?

In the league we've won two consecutive games twice. The first two against Hibs and St. Mirren, then the double over Alloa and St. Mirren in early December. We also had the cup win against Alloa sandwiched between the latter.

I........

I'm pretty sure S08 or the likes will pop up with the stat's, but what is our biggest run of wins this season? 2-3 games?

Could you not just go onto the OS and count them youself?

Just asking, like.

ETA beaten to it by Microdave.

Edited by ThirdrockfromtheSon

I heard that Walsh is training under the tutelage of Craig lynes.i expect next season following his release from rangers he will be playing for Clyde. He adds little to the team. Maybe it is time to give heh an extended run in the team.

I'm not convinced about Walsh either. He's not done a great deal to merit getting a game most weeks.

First livi game and the strange raith game.only times sons have got anything when we have lost first goal versus win every time we score first goal.

That seemed evident yesterday when first goal completely changed pattern of game.

Tuesday really crucial.for me tags has to come in either at rb or midfield. He at least drives from there.after that depends on fitness but we know roughly what we've got to play with. First goal to test the so called spirit of the team that we often hear about

I'm not convinced about Walsh either. He's not done a great deal to merit getting a game most weeks.

I was impressed by him in his first few weeks, I liked the fact he was an out and out winger who just looked like he'd hit the line and get crosses in.

Recently however he's caught Kevin Cawley toomanytouchesitis, and just loses the ball near enough every time he gets it.

First livi game and the strange raith game.only times sons have got anything when we have lost first goal versus win every time we score first goal.

That seemed evident yesterday when first goal completely changed pattern of game.

Tuesday really crucial.for me tags has to come in either at rb or midfield. He at least drives from there.after that depends on fitness but we know roughly what we've got to play with. First goal to test the so called spirit of the team that we often hear about

Yup. When it was 0-0 we hurt Livi by keeping the ball on the deck and pressing them into mistakes. As soon as they went 1 up then we just launched high balls in the direction of anyone, which naturally Ben Gordon dealt with without breaking a sweat.

If we have a gameplan we need to stick to it, but I get the feeling as soon as we go a goal down we give in, and treat the last however many minutes of the game like it's second half injury time.

We always have a go at teams and attack them at our own ground. I don't see why Aitken has to change our tactics to sit in and frustrate when we are away. We have less points than anyone else away. My only hope of avoiding 9th is that we have most our winnable games at home between now and the end of the season.