Sons' sorrow

Someone in the Championship will take a punt on him. Hopefully it's yourselves, but he'll probably get an offer or two from the full time sides. You can't built a team around him (well, Dumbarton sort of have, but you shouldn't) but if you've already got two reliable strikers, he's a great third option. When he's on the park he's an absolute destroyer, but he doesn't look capable of playing 25 matches a season.

Someone in the Championship will take a punt on him. Hopefully it's yourselves, but he'll probably get an offer or two from the full time sides. You can't built a team around him (well, Dumbarton sort of have, but you shouldn't) but if you've already got two reliable strikers, he's a great third option. When he's on the park he's an absolute destroyer, but he doesn't look capable of playing 25 matches a season.

In his short time with us he's already picked up 2 injuries (well I'm assuming last night's will keep him out).

Great player but he seems very prone to injury.

I would be delighted if we held onto Nade, but relying on a single player isn't the best strategy over a season. I think the management should be looking at how to supply to front line better. It stands to reason that lesser mortals will have a better chance of scoring if the supply is there, which for a majority of the season has been a aimless punt.

Edited by albundy

How many players have we had play up front for us this season?

Garry Fleming (6 league goals (5 pens))

Grant Gallagher (2 league goals)

Gordon Smith (0 league goals)

Stevie Craig (1 league goal)

Stevie Ross (0 league goals)

Jordan Kirkpatrick (0 league goals)

Christian Nade (7 league goals)

Donald McCallum (0 league goals)

Chronic, chronic lack of goals (or indeed quality) there. Let's not forget Osei-Obengo as well who apparently we'll renew our interest in the summer  :unsure2: I'd say Nade is the only natural, decent striker we've had. Garry's better in midfield and the rest weren't/aren't good enough or even strikers.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

No doubt nade is best option although nature of his injuries are concern.

I still believe and saw enough again yesterday to say Donald is still worthy of a place in squad and would love to see him and nade as a partnership.

Garry as we have seen is best of the front as an an attacking midfielder. Our squad will be dependant on where we are.again it's a must that we have what everyone sees as a recognised striker leading the line.

Hard to pick out who will stay go etc till we know where we end up.

I agree about Donald, I think he was the obvious replacement for Nade last night, the heff was never going to chase things the way Donald does,i actually liked the look of cawley,and mccallum, in behind Heffernan, last ten minutes with those three we went back to bring threatening

Feel a bit sorry for Heff. He never gets much time to influence things and the one time he does we fall apart like a prolapsed arsehole.

Will reserve judgement on him for when he gets a fair chance which I'm guessing could be soon given Nade's hamstring trouble.

#soundcunt

Only thing I feel with Heff is that he is yet another player who can't really play as a lone striker. He is the guy who gets in the box for someone else to find him in good positions. Whereas, playing him up front alone he is expected to drop deep and hold it up etc...

I fully expect we will continue playing the same formation but will play Heff in Nade's place.

I have the answer to our striking problems

Turns out Nade has two footballing brothers. Kevin and Raphael, one's a free agent after leaving...ehm...East Fife...having not played a few years ago, and the other's retired, but I'm sure could be lured to the Rock.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kevin-nade/profil/spieler/274966

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/raphael-nade/profil/spieler/47308

Imagine this for a team:

Unimportant

Unimportant Unimportant Unimportant Unimportant 

Unimportant Unimportant Unimportant 

Nade Nade Nade

#Scenes

Never mind his brothers.

Get the local lassies involved and in 20 years time we'll be watching a title winning team of wee Nade juniors.

If you walk down the high street you will find the 'local lassies' have been involved a little too much

What's the chat with Nade is he done for the season?

I don't know where the confidence comes from but I think we'lol stay up, can't see livi pulling back a 5 point difference.

Even though we have gone from the brilliant to the useless, I would like to see the the majority of the team staying. If we can keep Nade, we really need two good wide players.

I would keep the management team for next year. Going by the recent report in the reporter they seem to have realised where they have went wrong.

One thing I think the manager needs is a bit of media training over the summer. I know we don't have the eyes of the world on us but even at our level everything he says is analysed. Some of his comments are baffling and it screams inexperience to me.

Check out this film made in 1938, featuring Sir Iain Colquhoun of Luss as Mr Cholmondley Warner. At six minutes there is an equaly fascinating and hilarious clip of Queens Park Captain Jack Gardner followed by the Queens players training. There is also a short clip of a match at Muirton Saints v QP.

http://movingimage.nls.uk/film/0231

What's the chat with Nade is he done for the season?

I don't know where the confidence comes from but I think we'lol stay up, can't see livi pulling back a 5 point difference.

Even though we have gone from the brilliant to the useless, I would like to see the the majority of the team staying. If we can keep Nade, we really need two good wide players.

I would keep the management team for next year. Going by the recent report in the reporter they seem to have realised where they have went wrong.

One thing I think the manager needs is a bit of media training over the summer. I know we don't have the eyes of the world on us but even at our level everything he says is analysed. Some of his comments are baffling and it screams inexperience to me.

The two Stevie's signed joined in 2 year deals, which means they will be here next season. I would like to think that they can kick on next season with a year under their belt.

Players compensate fans for the 6-0 pumping at Palmerston - https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2016/04/19/players-back-the-fans/

I'm quite surprised at that.  I felt the shouts for compensation by a few fans were OTT and really quite against the notion of supporting a club.  We support Dumbarton, surely anyone following us (especially in this division) knows that there's a chance of an absolute pumping?  I found it strange that some feel like there's a sort of minimum score we need to lose by for the performance to be acceptable.  Or to put it another way - was losing 2-0 to Livi not a more disappointing away day, given that we were expected to take something from the game and turned in a truly horrific performance with barely a shot on goal?

Having said that, I doff my cap to the players for doing it.  They really didn't have to and it shows that they hurt in the same way fans do after a bad defeat. Hopefully the fans now turn up and back the team for the last 3 games with this Saturday and at Alloa on the last day (where the bus will now be subsidised) being arguably the two biggest games of our stint in this division.