Sons' sorrow

I just don't buy it. Playing out of position doesn't excuse doing the basics wrong. Positioning is dreadful and his passing awful. His ball retention is second worst for this season, only to Kevin Cawley I'd say.

I would love to be proven wrong if/when he signs up for this season.

I can't be bothered weighing in on the Gallagher debate again, but...

I can never remember a player who's positioning was so erratic. I literally have no idea where he's supposed to be playing for the majority of the time - although that's something that the coaching staff will have to take some of the blame for, for not drilling into him where he's supposed to play.

Anyway, we always make the most uninspiring re-signings first, it was always Keiran Brannan in the old days  :lol:

Aye, Wrexham or Newport would be my guess as well

I'd be pleasantly surprised for him if it was Newport County given that they're in League Two. He did well with us and no disrespect to the guy, but I'd imagine Vanarama Premier (I believe that's the old Conference) is his level down south.

I think I sub-consciously read it and didn't realise :lol:

Anyway...Jon Routledge has signed for....

Thenewsaints.png

Pretty shocked by that.

The standard down there is honking (watched a couple of games on that Welsh channel) and crowds rarely break the 500 mark. I suppose they do get a crack at the Champions League most years but I would have thought Jono could get a better deal up here, with ourselves or elsewhere.

Good luck to him, he should be a standout down there.

Pretty shocked by that.

The standard down there is honking (watched a couple of games on that Welsh channel) and crowds rarely break the 500 mark. I suppose they do get a crack at the Champions League most years but I would have thought Jono could get a better deal up here, with ourselves or elsewhere.

I can only imagine the potential for a few European games, and the fact it's close to Liverpool, will appeal to him.

I think they're also the only f/t team in the league, so it's a bit like signing for a diddy Celtic in a diddy SPFL Premiership.

I'll need to find what channel S4c or whatever it's called is.

Pretty shocked by that.

I went to a Welsh Prem game a few years back when we were down for the Wales Scotland game. It was a great day out but the standard wasn't even Scottish League Two. New Saints are the only full time team.

I went to a Welsh Prem game a few years back when we were down for the Wales Scotland game. It was a great day out but the standard wasn't even Scottish League Two. New Saints are the only full time team.

Surprised they can sustain it on those crowds.

I imagine they get Champions League money but I would've thought travelling to the away leg (assuming it's abroad) would reduce the profit by a fair whack.

Well that's Livi down. It's either Ayr United or Stranraer for the Championship next season.....

Excellent news for us.

It means that there will be a more competitive edge at the bottom end of the table, and two part time teams vying for ninth position or better.

It's a much better option than us being the only part-timers next year.

A warm welcome to the other part-time team, whoever you might be.

I'm not sure that Ayr are fully part time.. Pretty sure their youth setup is full time and a good chunk of their first team is full time, read it somewhere.

Asked on their page on here what the script is.

Yeah fair to assume Ayr or Stranraer will be At our level.

Question will be where will Dunfermline fit in and will this years mid table gang of Morton qos and st mirren be better or worse.

Also think if McKinnon leaves raith they will come back to where they were

I know we say it every year but this could be hardest yet for us again when rumblings about our own budget isn't hugely positive.

8th would be a massive result.

6 days after this season ,commenting on how hard. Next year will be. Blimey .missing the football already

Post on our fans messageboard saying we are interested in grant Gallagher.looks as if a lot of sons fans don't rate him. What position does he play?

Honestly can't see that happening but you are welcome to him!

All work, no ability. Don't think that's a harsh judgement either as he's played most of the season and impressed me once - the 3-2 petrofac game at your place.