Sons' sorrow

According to your manager he has signed two Stranraer players already this summer with waiting till after our play off adventure is over before naming them, rumour has it tho that it is our right back and left winger

Pettigrew and Stirling?

Edit - a wee swatch into yer squad says it might be Robertson and cairney? Two of the better players this season....

Edited by Thommo90

According to your manager he has signed two Stranraer players already this summer with waiting till after our play off adventure is over before naming them, rumour has it tho that it is our right back and left winger

Is one of them Andy Stirling? Always thought he was a smashing wee player.

Is one of them Willie Gibson? Maybe him going back to Stranraer was all part of a master plan. He goes back to bring another PT team into the league to help us next year? ðŸ˜

No return for Aggy. He has signed for Stranraer. Stand by for news on Osei Obengo. Is the John Gemmell news a wind- up?

In order.

That's bad, where did you see that? Christ I hope not. Yes...well we'd like to think so.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

This morning's Reporter. There's also this:

Cheers

Positives from that, St Mirren apparently haven't approached Nade, although Stevie does seem to be trying a wee bit too hard for my liking to make him attractive to bigger clubs. Flappy McFlapFlap will be allowed to leave if he isn't happy being No.2.

Negatives. Nade still hasn't signed for us, in fact nobody outside Flappy has. Confirms beyond all doubt that Grant Gallagher has been offered a new contract.

Tuesday and Thursday were always the days where we announced signings during the season, with that being our training nights and all, so I'm being impatient and hoping that we might hear something today. Stevie did hint that he hoped the players would come to a decision on their futures by this week on the website.

Given that Aggie is notorious for holding off signing deals until (at the very least) after his holiday, I'd be surprised if he has joined Stranraer already not only for that reason but he doesn't know what division they'll be in. If he has signed then I'd imagine they're throwing silly (Celtic) money at him.

Given that Aggie is notorious for holding off signing deals until (at the very least) after his holiday, I'd be surprised if he has joined Stranraer already not only for that reason but he doesn't know what division they'll be in. If he has signed then I'd imagine they're throwing silly (Celtic) money at him.

post-4768-14628674822582_thumb.jpg

To be fair, Aggy did agree terms with us last year before signing for St Mirren.

What's that crunching noise? Oh, it's straws being clutched. Of course.

Osei-Obengo though, I'm just not convinced that, that's the sort of player we should be aiming for. It's fine with 6 games left as a desperate signing (see also Paul Heffernan) but for a full season? Hmm...Doesn't fill me with hope.

Given that we know we're in for Thomson (all noises would suggest that is close to a done deal) and we've offered deals to Fleming, Nade and McCallum, that would give us 4 forwards and Fleming is arguably better in midfield and McCallum doesn't look like he'll feature much so another would be nice.  I'm not convinced that Seb is the answer though.  He'll be cheap mind you, but probably shite.

The bold Stranraer must be flinging the dough about if Aggy's agreeing deals at this stage.

Would've been happy to see him return but only for a reasonable wage, he's not the type of guy I'd be flinging big money at.

Geez that lad Nesbitt from Celtic instead. Anyone know how he got on at Partick?

Given that we know we're in for Thomson (all noises would suggest that is close to a done deal) and we've offered deals to Fleming, Nade and McCallum, that would give us 4 forwards and Fleming is arguably better in midfield and McCallum doesn't look like he'll feature much so another would be nice. I'm not convinced that Seb is the answer though. He'll be cheap mind you, but probably shite.

I'd be free but absolutely dire to be fair. I suppose he's a relatively risk free gamble, unless Thomson, Nadè, McCallum or Fleming don't sign up and we end up relaying on him upfront which would be a worry.

The bold Stranraer must be flinging the dough about if Aggy's agreeing deals at this stage.

Would've been happy to see him return but only for a reasonable wage, he's not the type of guy I'd be flinging big money at.

Geez that lad Nesbitt from Celtic instead. Anyone know how he got on at Partick?

Think he had an excellent debut, nightmare in his second game and then sort of Shug Murray'd into the background. Given our ties with Celtic I'd be pretty delighted, but not shocked, if we could bring him in on loan.

Paul Heffernan any good these days lads? Word is he might be going part time at Stirling Albion next season. Was he full time with you guys?

Part time. Past it but at that level should score the odd goal here and there.

Paul Heffernan any good these days lads? Word is he might be going part time at Stirling Albion next season. Was he full time with you guys?

Part time with us.  His legs are gone, of that there is no doubt, but he's a really clever player.  His touch is excellent and he should link up well with another striker.  Should get a few goals at that level too although he's not very ruthless in front of goal.