Sons' sorrow

Rest of squad will be trying to negotiate a better deal or see what's available elsewhere

Very early days

And any loans won't appear until late July

Is that a ITK statement, or is it just an assumption?

Given the new League Cup starts in the middle of July, it would be a bit odd to start it with only, say, 14 senior players.

Just going by history that we pick up loans towards the end of the window . I did bring my guess forward a bit in view of the cup situation

Can remember any loans coming in early and during pre season

Still think it's early days

I expect existing guys in about 2 weeks and then trialidts at pre season

Most teams won't know who they can do without (and therefore loan out) until their squadbuilding is complete, so it's not a long shot thought that we won't pick up loans until later.  Plus, until our squad is nearly complete, we won;t know where the gaps are that we need loanees to cover.

Is that a ITK statement, or is it just an assumption?

Given the new League Cup starts in the middle of July, it would be a bit odd to start it with only, say, 14 senior players.

That may well be the case. 14 players and a bunch of kids.

Our chances of progression in the new cup format are (very) limited anyway. I imagine we'll be using the matches as glorified friendlies to road-test players ahead of the serious stuff starting. 

That may well be the case. 14 players and a bunch of kids.

Our chances of progression in the new cup format are (very) limited anyway. I imagine we'll be using the matches as glorified friendlies to road-test players ahead of the serious stuff starting.

They'd have to be 16 year old kids this season though!

I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. Stranraer away for a glorified friendly? No thanks.

http://m.dumbartonreporter.co.uk/sport/14485450.Docherty_reassures_fans_on_his_Sons_future/

So Docherty wants to stay but says players want to know who else is going to stay before signing.

Get Sparky's good mates BBPF and The Moonster to reassure him that they'll be back, and I'm sure he'll sign swiftly. He's got a Buckfast POTY title to defend.