Sons' sorrow

Post on our fans messageboard saying we are interested in grant Gallagher.looks as if a lot of sons fans don't rate him. What position does he play?

We still don't know. Rated at Stranraer but had a really poor season with us, he's been offered terms to stay on though.

I'm not sure that Ayr are fully part time.. Pretty sure their youth setup is full time and a good chunk of their first team is full time, read it somewhere.

Asked on their page on here what the script is.

Fair enough. I just thought that those left in the playoffs were p/t. My bad.

Likely come back to haunt us, and Lee mair

Lee Mair  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: What an absolutely rotten player. 

Post on our fans messageboard saying we are interested in grant Gallagher.looks as if a lot of sons fans don't rate him. What position does he play?

Oh my God, yes. Take him. Take him for free, right now. In fact I'll buy Jim Duffy a pint every time I see him for the rest of my life. 

He doesn't have a position, he just jogs about most of the time, gets booked in the 41st minute and then gets subbed in the 65th.

Does anyone know how much the fees to be in our now defunct development leagues were? I was talking to my neighbour, whose son is a future professional, ( on trial when Murray was there), was genuinely surprised that there was fees,

Just had it confirmed that Ayr United aren't part time... They mix both. Hoping Stranraer come up now.

Yeah, I think from a selfish point of view, Stranraer are the best for us next season, so for that reason, I'll be cheering them on in the final.

I'm sure they'll strengthen in the summer if they come up, but another part time side in there with us can only improve our chances. Certainly more so than a full-time or partly full-time side would.

Does anyone know how much the fees to be in our now defunct development leagues were? I was talking to my neighbour, whose son is a future professional, ( on trial when Murray was there), was genuinely surprised that there was fees,

Im not sure about fees but there are numerous other costs involved in running a development squad.

I'm led to believe we're saving a fair whack through scrapping it.

I always wondered how we could afford to keep it going, it's really unfortunate for the boys, but first team has to be a priority. Hardly likely to be selling anyone for 6 figures in the near future. Does that make it something wrong with our coaches, or scouts, or management?.

From what I understand, we received grants from SFA and the like, but these had been reduced so it was now starting to cost us money

I would assume we would struggle to attract the top players who would go to full time clubs who could offer better training etc

I always wondered how we could afford to keep it going, it's really unfortunate for the boys, but first team has to be a priority. Hardly likely to be selling anyone for 6 figures in the near future. Does that make it something wrong with our coaches, or scouts, or management?.

I do feel sorry for them, but I back the decision fully. I'd rather we used the money to get players in who will keep us competing in the championship.

I don't agree. Sends out the wrong signals that we are a club that now won't give kids a chance as no way to progress to 1st team. We were probably struggling to attract the best local youngsters the way things were but I reckon we'll struggle more now.

Is it just a coincidence that the scrapping of the u-20s occurs when Gilbert is no longer with us? I understand he was a great advocate of our development scheme.

I also hear we have withdrawn from the community partnership that saw the new 4G pitch installed at Dumbarton east park. Why withdraw now when our input has resulted in a brand new 4G pitch? Again was Gilbert not heavily involved with this?

We maybe need some new blood down at the rock to challenge such decisions and drive us on.

What's the trust saying about this?

Edited by sons'r'us