Sons' sorrow

I'm led to believe at this stage that we have made zero contact with him and appear to have no interest.

No idea where he's heading but it certainly doesn't look like it will be us. That may well change as the competitive games loom closer of course.

Conroy doesn't seem to be value for money for us. Most of the feedback from his former clubs seem to say he takes a great dead ball, but much else. That would seem to me to be a waste of a wage

Conroy doesn't seem to be value for money for us. Most of the feedback from his former clubs seem to say he takes a great dead ball, but much else. That would seem to me to be a waste of a wage

Couldn't agree more.

He's the complete opposite of an Aitken type of signing and would be a luxury for a team at the wrong end of the table. He's far more suited to a team who are on the front foot most weeks.

His technical ability is excellent, it's the physical side of his game that lets him down, very little pace and very little battling qualities.

I've always actually thought he'd flourish in a more central, free role type of position.

Iain Flannigan said in the Alloa Advertiser that he turned down an offer to stay in the Championship to sign on again at Alloa. Wonder was that Dumbarton. Jason Marr said the same thing, but think it was a part-time rival of yours who were in for him :)

Iain Flannigan said in the Alloa Advertiser that he turned down an offer to stay in the Championship to sign on again at Alloa. Wonder was that Dumbarton. Jason Marr said the same thing, but think it was a part-time rival of yours who were in for him :)

There was mention that we were after two Alloa players a few weeks back but that was all we heard.  I assume we would've been after Flannigan and wouldn't be surprised if we were after Marr too.

You've built yourselves a lovely wee squad this year, hopefully we can rekindle our rivalry in this league in a years time. You c**t.

I don't have a huge issue with us running with a squad of 18-or-so really.

Obviously a few injuries does impose problems, but we'll have a few loanees and can always call on someone from the youths to supplement the bench.

I'd rather that we had a squad more balanced and more capable of competing week-to-week than it was last year, and I have confidence that Stevie will be building such a squad.

“We’re maybe only looking at having one loan player. We’ll be working with a squad of 16 or 17 players next season. Our budget is going to be stretched this year, we’ve had to cut back.

“We’ve got 12 signed at the moment. We’ll have a couple from the under-20s will make up the squad.â€

That would suggest loan players will be included in the '18'.