Sons' sorrow

FWIW, I'd take a gamble on Cooper over Smith. Technically a better player and felt he had more impact in the development games than Smith.

I'm surprised we haven't signed Cooper given our connections with Ross County old boys to be honest.

Thought he looked decent enough at St Mirren.

Scott Smith :lol: I assume the same one who played for us? Not that surprised he is having to take part in the trials. Unless he has sorted out his fitness then he will continue to struggle.

I did think Cooper would have found a club to be honest. Wouldn't mind him joining.

Scott Smith :lol: I assume the same one who played for us? Not that surprised he is having to take part in the trials. Unless he has sorted out his fitness then he will continue to struggle.

I did think Cooper would have found a club to be honest. Wouldn't mind him joining.

I thought it might be former Dundee United midfielder Scott Smith, but I forgot about ours.

Anybody know where he spent last season?

Not sure really. He was at East Fife 2 years back but wouldn't surprise me if he played for a lower league 2 club last season.

He does have a Lowland League feel to him.

I'm going to try and find out. I should be working, but some things are more important!

He does have a Lowland League feel to him.

I'm going to try and find out. I should be working, but some things are more important!

Current club "Gilmerton FC" according to Wiki. Judging by their Twitter they're a LADZ BANTZ amateur team and folded a few months ago.

I've only heard of a handful of those and even then I couldn't really place them. I'm presuming most of them are youth's released by mostly SPL clubs?

I suppose the point mainly is if you've heard of them then your manager already knows who they are too and what they play like. Guys like Ryan Conroy for instance have little to gain from playing in an exit trial. Anyone who may be interested in him knows all about him already.

For what it's worth two of those players left us at the end of the season. Shaun Rutherford, left back, couple of years at Livingston before us. He played at least double figures of games for Livi at this level but couldn't get in our side with Jordan Marshall ahead of him. He got about 2 mins as a sub at Ibrox early season before a brief loan spell at Arbroath. Jay Munro, midfielder, left our u20's at the end of the season, ex-Partick Thistle.

Guest Flash

For what it's worth two of those players left us at the end of the season. Shaun Rutherford, left back, couple of years at Livingston before us. He played at least double figures of games for Livi at this level but couldn't get in our side with Jordan Marshall ahead of him. He got about 2 mins as a sub at Ibrox early season before a brief loan spell at Arbroath.

He couldn't get in our side even when Marshall was injured.

A decent enough article, even if it's not revealing much.

A squad of 16 or 17 can be looked on as concerning, as has been well highlighted on here already, but if that's what we're going with then so be it.

I too would like a squad of 20 or 21, but given that we're not going to have that, it just places a higher impetus on the ones in the squad to be able to deliver. And if Stevie and Faz are confident they can and will, then that's good enough for me.

Nice to read that he's still looking for a midfielder and a striker, those are the areas I'd have said we need to add too. And I'm still holding out a faint hope that the striker could be the Prince. :wub: