Sons' sorrow

Guest Flash

He was out on loan for most of the spell when Marshall was injured to be fair. Though Jacobs was preferred there in the last game v Hibs.

Apologies for clogging up the Dumbarton thread, but that can't be right. Marshall missed 7 games and Rutherford must have been available for at least 4 of them because he must have been back before 31 March. Unless I'm confused about the rules and a loan player is eligible to return in April.

Apologies for clogging up the Dumbarton thread, but that can't be right. Marshall missed 7 games and Rutherford must have been available for at least 4 of them because he must have been back before 31 March. Unless I'm confused about the rules and a loan player is eligible to return in April.

No you'll be right. He returned on March 31 but I meant he wasn't available when Marshall first got injured and the system was changed to put Higgins wide. I knew Rutherford had returned before Marshall was back but didn't check how many games before that it was. i thought it was only 1 or 2. He was certainly available and sitting on the bench on the last day of the season though when Jacobs was preferred there. I presume by then the decision was made that he was likely leaving and there was considered little point in sticking him in.

I only saw Rutherford play a couple of times. In fact I probably saw him play against us for Livi more often. He looked ok, I think he could do someone a job at a lower level and he's only 19 so he has time to develop.

What does everyone think of the pre season entry prices?

£10 to watch a non-competitive, glorified training session?

Sorry, but no thanks, not for me. I'll see the new guys when the season starts properly.

£10 to watch a non-competitive, glorified training session?

Sorry, but no thanks, not for me. I'll see the new guys when the season starts properly.

Meh. I'll go because I'll go to any football matches, but a tenner for adults is a bit steep. It's not as if the games are the most glamorous either. Quite like getting my hopes up over new signings in pre-season before the gradually let me down over the following 8 months.

I guess the increased cost will help to cover Nade's wages for the new season  ;)

Nice wee piece on the OS about out TTL deal for this year.  Looks like we'll be able to buy replica tops, polo shirts, t-shirts, quarter zip tops, scarves, hats and mugs to begin with but it seems if they sell well and we want other merchandise all we need to do is ask.  Good stuff.

Looking forward to see the new strips too, although I don't think I'll be going to any friendlies to see it.  Cumbernauld Colts away was the only one that tickled my fancy until I saw that they play at Broadwood.  No thanks, I'll wait for the competitive stuff.

Good stuff from TTL and ourselves, and it's a deal which should suit both parties. I'd imagine that most (if not all) of the hoodies, jackets and the like will be standard Joma stuff that they sell anyway, so when we order it they just need to stick a Sons' badge on it, and double the price!

The 2003s or something in my team just spent 2 grand with them, so I better get a percentage off my DFC mug  :lol:

Nice wee piece on the OS about out TTL deal for this year. Looks like we'll be able to buy replica tops, polo shirts, t-shirts, quarter zip tops, scarves, hats and mugs to begin with but it seems if they sell well and we want other merchandise all we need to do is ask. Good stuff.

Agreed. Seems the club have read P&B. Hope that fans buy bits n nobs and continue to make it a viable venture.

Hope they sell the shorts too. I'm still cutting about in Vandanel ones that became available on Ebay before I found out how they ended up on there ........

Edited by Jumbo Muir

Nice wee piece on the OS about out TTL deal for this year. Looks like we'll be able to buy replica tops, polo shirts, t-shirts, quarter zip tops, scarves, hats and mugs to begin with but it seems if they sell well and we want other merchandise all we need to do is ask. Good stuff.

Agreed. Seems the club have read P&B. Hope that fans buy bits n nobs and continue to make it a viable venture.

Hope they sell the shorts too. I'm still cutting about in Vandanel ones that became available on Ebay before I found out how they ended up on there ........

I know for a fact that the club read P&B. Cost me a day on the naughty step.

Looking at the PTFC stuff on TTL website, we can do without a Dumbarton jigsaw I think ...

Tops, shorts in all kinds of sizes to fit weans and the fat guy who likes to wear DFC shorts at 5 a sides, trakky tops and rain jackets would all be welcome and good sellers IMO, alongside what has already been promised on the OS. I look forward to spending a few quid after moaning about a lack of merchandise for years.