Sons' sorrow

Dem last 5 fixtures.

It's fine, we'll be well safe by then.

The whole thing looks pretty relentless  :unsure:

#where'sAlloa

That's what I thought, normally I look for a few 'easier' games and make a mental note of them as games I'm expecting us to win. I looked through the whole list, and then looked through it again, and there are none.

Well, apart from Ayr away on Christmas Eve where Stevo will definitely score the winner.

Mixed bag for us with the fixtures.

I'd hoped we could get a home opener. Dunfermline will be on a high with their league flag being unfurled and it'll be up to us to spoil their party atmosphere. I'd much rather the first 2 weeks were the other way around - home to Dundee United and the away to Dunfermline.

It's annoying that we've got a 4 week break between the United home game on 13/08 and Hibs at home on 10/09. I know we've got a couple of away games in there and I'm assuming there may be a cup game during that period but I don't like us going so long without a home match. On the flip side to that, we've got a couple of home double headers where we're at home 2 games in a row.

An away trip to Ayr on Christmas Eve might be a struggle. It'll likely be an early kick off and it robs us of the traditional boxing day football match. Same goes for Hogmanay, although a home game is welcome. I can see the crowds for both those games being low.

If we look at the fixtures for April and May, we've got 2 home games where we'll need maximum points (Morton and Dunfermline) and a tough final game at home to Falkirk. Hopefully we won't need anything from that game. We're potentially looking at having to take something from either St Mirren or Queen of the South away because our last 2 games are against likely promotion challengers (Dundee United away/Falkirk home)

The league have scheduled the last game of the season for Saturday May 6th. Lets hope that for once they actually stick to this and give us a proper end to the season. Championship finals day with a player of the year event in the evening would be a great way to end the season - assuming we're celebrating staying up.

East end park is one of the few grounds I've not been too (despite us playing there quite a few times over the last few years). That's my birthday also, so I look forward to that opening fixture regardless of the result I guess.

It does look tough, but I actually don't think it looks any tougher than last season when I seen that. I just think we have to look to compete with most teams at home, as we have done this season. Then we have to look at picking up our points vs Ayr, Morton, Queens and Dunfermline.

It remains to be seen whether Raith can kick on from last season or if they may fall back into the mid table territory again with so many 'bigger' sides this year.

Edited by squeezeboxson

The fixture list undoubtedly looks tougher this year, but come the start of the season, we've just got to target the sides who look poorest and who we will be rivalling to avoid relegation, of which there'll definitely be a few.

Dunfermline away is a decent game to start with, a good trip to Fife and a decent start to see how our side is looking.

Having seen him play a few times I always thought he could be a useful signing for us or a league club, knows where the goal is.

I think you should probably get clean. Crack is incredibly destructive. Think of your family.

I occasionally like to wander down to Holm Park. I enjoy a bit of variety.

Pete, whenever I've seen the Bankies this season their wee winger (Bubba?) has caught my eye and looked decent. I've only seen them 3 or 4 times, but he's a powerful wee guy and absolutely rapid. Think he might have even scored against us this time last year.

Is he usually like that, or have I just caught him on a good day? Would far rather him on trial than Kasubandi who looks absolutely nothing special in the Super 1st, never mind Championship.

Edit: Meant to say, I was picking up my season ticket today and there's two massive Joma boxes at reception. Perhaps we'll get our first glimpse of the new kit tomorrow...

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Pete, whenever I've seen the Bankies this season their wee winger (Bubba?) has caught my eye and looked decent. I've only seen them 3 or 4 times, but he's a powerful wee guy and absolutely rapid. Think he might have even scored against us this time last year.

Is he usually like that, or have I just caught him on a good day? Would far rather him on trial than Kasubandi who looks absolutely nothing special in the Super 1st, never mind Championship.

Edit: Meant to say, I was picking up my season ticket today and there's two massive Joma boxes at reception. Perhaps we'll get our first glimpse of the new kit tomorrow...

I thought he was good in one game I saw and subdued in another. I only watched them about three times last season. I prefer their centre mid Barclay, but even then I mean I prefer him at the level that Clydebank currently occupy. Agreed on Kasubandi, even Clydebank's current level of the second tier of the West region Juniors looks a step too high for him. Would likely be a half decent amateur player, but that's about it. No touch at all, only scores a moderate amount in a team pushing for promotion and not even at the top level of Junior football and he's as raw as mustard seed. I'd be astounded and incredibly disappointed if he signed for Dumbarton.

I've got no issue in us signing players from that level, we have in the past and the man who probably needed a wheelbarrow to transport his awards home from the POTY in May came from the Juniors, but it would seem that Kasubandi is nowhere near good enough for us. Where has this rumour come from or is it just someone firing a name out there and everyone jumping on (or off as the case may be) the bandwagon?

I've got no issue in us signing players from that level, we have in the past and the man who probably needed a wheelbarrow to transport his awards home from the POTY in May came from the Juniors, but it would seem that Kasubandi is nowhere near good enough for us. Where has this rumour come from or is it just someone firing a name out there and everyone jumping on (or off as the case may be) the bandwagon?

Joel Kasubandi from us is on trial in pre-season with Dumbarton apparently.

That's where we got it from.

Like you say I have no issue with us signing players from there. But Gaz was standout in the Super Premier and this guy is meh (at best) in the Super First so I genuinely can't quite comprehend why we'd be interested. 

Far rather have Ryan Wallace as mentioned above, but I'm not sure if he'd prefer staying f/t and joining Airdrie.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08