Sons' sorrow

Just dropped a dunfermline fan off in my taxi, talking about a game at east end park, when we got beat 4-1, keeper and another of our players sent off, anyone know when?

We lost by that score at East End Park in our first division meltdown season under Jim Fallon on 20/04/96. Martin Mooney scored for Sons.

We lost by that score at East End Park in our first division meltdown season under Jim Fallon on 20/04/96. Martin Mooney scored for Sons.

Might be a different game but I remember us going 1-0 up with Stevie Dallas scoring. Only for us to get tanked 4-1 in the end.

It seems utterly mental for the games against us to be all-ticket, when games against Falkirk and St Mirren (clubs with a similar fanbase) are not; obviously it's a much shorter trip from Paisley than from Dunfermline as well. One of the games there a few years ago was quite busy in the away end, but generally our away crowd for run of the mill league games in the West has been about 400 - a bit higher last year for most games, but that won't last when we're not winning most weeks as we were last season. And £20 as well - great.

Ticket games when necessary are fair enough, but for games like this it just seems an unnecessary irritation. Completely daft to make a game in April all-ticket with no idea how the two teams will be doing at that stage as well.

Just dropped a dunfermline fan off in my taxi, talking about a game at east end park, when we got beat 4-1, keeper and another of our players sent off, anyone know when?

Probably talking about the 4-0 gubbing a few years back when Shay was dismissed.

I seem to remember a game at East end park when Murdo mcLeod was manager that we got beaten by a similar scoreline and if memory serves me right there may been a sending off or 2. What's sticks in my mind for that game circa 1994 was Calum Campbell became our record transfer for £65k a couple of weeks prior. It had previously been Charlie Gibson for £50k I think.

Anyhow whereas Charlie was a legend Campbell hardly started. This game was one of his few starts. I think we may have went 1 up then imploded or equalised then imploded.

Anyone remember this game?

Edited by sons'r'us

Presumably you have information that this is a club decision. I can't understand why the club would do that when it leads to lower crowds. Baffling

The club asked each club to let us know how many they expect to bring. Dunfermline told us a number that meant tickets would be a safe idea. Why does it lead to lower crowds?

The club asked each club to let us know how many they expect to bring. Dunfermline told us a number that meant tickets would be a safe idea. Why does it lead to lower crowds?

Walk up will attract a bigger crowd on the day over all ticket in the majority of circumstances. Anything which makes it more difficult for a supporter to attend, means that the chances he/she will are lessened. Simples.

But anyone who uses the walk in prices will see that you need a ticket for the Dunfermline match and surely get one before the game? Unless we're talking about fans who don't ever attend our games and might just show up on the day of that game but I'd guess that number is pretty small. If anyone is put off by having to phone the club to get a ticket sent out then I'm afraid there's not much the club can do.

The walk up crowd is a small part of our overall gate so shouldn't have a particularly big impact on crowd numbers. The biggest issue with this for me is convenience. Having to pick up tickets is annoying when I've got a wee book in my wallet that does me perfectly well for every other home game.

On a similar note - anybody received their season books yet?

But anyone who uses the walk in prices will see that you need a ticket for the Dunfermline match and surely get one before the game? Unless we're talking about fans who don't ever attend our games and might just show up on the day of that game but I'd guess that number is pretty small. If anyone is put off by having to phone the club to get a ticket sent out then I'm afraid there's not much the club can do.

See the answer I gave above.