Sons' sorrow

Stevie on the OS:

Numbers 4, 7 and 11 are all still blank, and Stevie is confident of signings to fill those jerseys.

He added: "You can read something into that if you like!

"David Smith would have taken one of those numbers, but he wanted number 17. The players pick their squad numbers.

"The empty ones will be filled up in the coming weeks. Pre-season is for looking at players and we still have players to speak to, and other clubs regarding loans."

Encouraging.  By the sounds of it big Tatar looked the part, if we can get him signed up along with another striker then I think we look okay. I wonder if the Hurst loan from St Johnstone is still on the cards.

Spoke to my Granda this morning, and he was impressed by Tatar. Given that he's not been impressed by a player for about 8 years then we should sign him immediately.

He may well be doing the rounds and last night was probably a part of it.  I fear money, or rather the lack of it, may be a deciding factor # Cash Is The Key

By all accounts Joel looked, as expected, out of his depth. His name gets banded around almost every pre-season for a senior team somewhere, he's absolutely gagging to make it at senior level but it looks beyond him. Given our small budget, it would be crazy for Stevie to sign up such a passenger.

It'd speak volumes about Aitken's ability (or lack thereof) to spot a player if he signed him. Especially when you take into account the comparatively large number of players who were signed last season by him then promptly swept under the carpet when it became clear they were utter bobbins.

Joel's a lot better than St Pats but I wouldn't think he's good enough to play in the Championship for a club that's let's face it aren't going to be creating loads of chances!

Dumbartons chance creation rate has hee-haw effect on Kasubandi's ability as a footballer.

Joel's a lot better than St Pats but I wouldn't think he's good enough to play in the Championship for a club that's let's face it aren't going to be creating loads of chances!

Dunno if I'd say he's a lot better than St Pats. He'd likely be a standout for them though.

Any striker will look rotten if the team he`s in doesn't create anything!

Looking at Dumbarton from the outside your away goalscoring record in particular is abysmal.

Thinking you might be at the wind up? Yeah, over the last 6 months we struggled to score away from home. That, as mentioned above, makes no difference to a player being out of his depth. Add in that half of our team has changed, especially in an attacking sense, then I'd say your point doesn't really stand.

Goalscoring for a part time club in an almost full time league will always be a problem.

Nade did well but wasn't there long and has gone?

Darian McKinnon was playing in Dumbarton for years and you didn't sign him so excuse me for being sceptical about your scouting sysyem!