Sons' sorrow

Peters is Josh Peters, released by Hibs.

19yo striker played fro Strathspey Thistle in the Highland League before joining Hibs in the January transfer window.

Did he not score an absolute barrowload for Strathspey?

Will be interested to see what he can do, still very young so has plenty of potential.

Thomson very good apart from skying a one on one. Wins a lot in the air. Pretty bad game. Dundee goal was poor positioning by Docherty and Decision making by Ewings. Stevenson anonymous. Stirling and smith showed good pace but too often on heels.

Don't agree with whoever it was that said Smith hides. IMO he tries hard but there's not much comes off for him. He has plenty of pace but doesn't often use it to his advantage and his final ball was generally quite poor.

He may just click with Sons though. Time will tell I suppose.

Funnily enough Smith's deliveries into the box tonight were good. Was impressed with him.

Thommo looks a very decent signing, puts himself about and is deceptively quick. He missed a sitter but at least he's getting himself into good positions.

Stevo looked pretty meh tbh, will need to see more of him. His deliveries from set pieces are outstanding.

Of the trialists only 1 stood out and that was lad Tatar. Strong in the tackle and very tidy in possession. Impossible to judge on a 45 minute pre season kick about but he certainly looks the part.

Stirling looked handy enough, made a few nice runs but had a tendancy to overdo it. Looked a wee bit nervous on the ball actually so may take a wee bit of time to settle. Pettigrew looked solid enough.

All in all a decent run out.

Get him signed up. Just put in a lovely tackle on a player who now needs a stretcher.

Lifetime contract stuff. Ideal.

Sounds like tonight was fairly positive, glad to hear Thomson played well - I forgot we signed him to be honest - and he could be the big centre forward we need in the absence of Nade. Stevenson might be meh, but if he can whip in a decent set piece then that could be crucial given the amount we scored from them last season.

What position is Kassarate, and does the new kit look decent irl?

I understand what you mean, and I'm in agreement, but really it's a part-time squad for a full-time level that we're trying to compete with.

I totally understand.

It's a really great squad and as I've said a hunner times I'm envious. That fucking game...

Good luck to you again this season. Enjoy this while it lasts!!! A great level you have reached for being PT. Cant get much better.

Really like both the new kits and they look even better in the flesh.

Thomson looks like he could be a great signing. Good turn of pace for a big guy and he doesn't waste time moaning at the ref (something oor Christian was pretty bad for last season) if he loses a challenge.

Tatar (N.18) had a solid half and I'd be happy to get him signed up - very reminiscent of Routledge's trial game for us last season.

Stevenson had some cracking deliveries tonight - especially from corners. Really think he could do well for us if he continues to apply himself.

Early doors yet but nice to be back down the rock.

I totally understand.

It's a really great squad and as I've said a hunner times I'm envious. That fucking game...

Good luck to you again this season. Enjoy this while it lasts!!! A great level you have reached for being PT. Cant get much better.

Yeah, our battles with the Lichties evoke fond memories. Maybe not for you, but they were good duels.

We're enjoying the heady heights just now because we all know it won't last forever.

Good Luck to Arbroath this season, hope you guys have a good one.

Funnily enough Smith's deliveries into the box tonight were good. Was impressed with him.

Thommo looks a very decent signing, puts himself about and is deceptively quick. He missed a sitter but at least he's getting himself into good positions.

Stevo looked pretty meh tbh, will need to see more of him. His deliveries from set pieces are outstanding.

Of the trialists only 1 stood out and that was lad Tatar. Strong in the tackle and very tidy in possession. Impossible to judge on a 45 minute pre season kick about but he certainly looks the part.

Stirling looked handy enough, made a few nice runs but had a tendancy to overdo it. Looked a wee bit nervous on the ball actually so may take a wee bit of time to settle. Pettigrew looked solid enough.

All in all a decent run out.

Fairly reasonable summary! Stevo looks rediculously unfit. He tried to talk the ref into letting him take a corner at the wrong side, just so he didn't have to move from the corner he was in :lol: actually might have been the corner we scored from?

Guys behind me were clueless, the whole first half went on about how they couldn't believe Ewings was playing and Brown who signed from Ross County is on the bench. 'Ewings can't fit into his shirt never mind this team' was my facourier quote of the night. I reckoned Brown was slightly to blame for the 2nd goal? Hard to say, but looked well inside the 6 yard box - which I'd class as GK territory.