Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Daily Record reporting we're after Ben Gordon on loan. I think I speak for all of us here in saying that would be excellent.

Seems startling to me that Ben is warming a bench whilst that big diddy Webster continues to strut about their first 11.  But whatever, in ye come.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Daily Record reporting we're after Ben Gordon on loan. I think I speak for all of us here in saying that would be excellent.

Weird one given he's just signed for St Mirren, but that would be an excellent bit of business.

Now if we could only re-sign Andy Geggan, Derek Carcary, Stevie Murray and David McEwan :wub:

6 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Weird one given he's just signed for St Mirren, but that would be an excellent bit of business.

Now if we could only re-sign Andy Geggan, Derek Carcary, Stevie Murray and David McEwan :wub:

Don't St Mirren have about 18 centre halves and no holding midfielders? Moving one on to get a holding mid in would make sense for them and we're crying out for a centre half. Let's hope it's not just been made up by those Record wanks.

I would take Geggan and the Monk but Stevie Murray and Del can sit on the bench.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Don't St Mirren have about 18 centre halves and no holding midfielders? Moving one on to get a holding mid in would make sense for them and we're crying out for a centre half. Let's hope it's not just been made up by those Record wanks.

I would take Geggan and the Monk but Stevie Murray and Del can sit on the bench.

They do have a very unbalanced squad, aye. Ruby and Del coming off the bench to run tired defences into the ground >>>>>

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Another goalkeeper???

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Would be perfect...looking forward to this game and i think we are going to take all 3 pts...cappielow here we come providing we can fit into the stand.

Bens a right sided cb but if I remember right, so he'd be competing directly with bucky?

If i'm right, i cant see him or bucky taking the LCB role.

Does it really make a great deal of difference? They'd both be playing centrally so can't see it being a huge issue tbh.

I'm still not convinced it will happen in all honesty. I'm pretty sure the Record had us linked with Greig Spence etc during the summer and that turned out to be a load of shite.

I'm serious.

I'm pretty sure ben played on the right and mick dunlop on the left.  The same way that bucky and fraz line up.

i know someone'll claim that a pro should be able to play either side, but that doesnt always work out.

I'd be pretty happy with Gordon going to you guys. We desperately need a CDM in, so it would free up a bit of cash to get one. Feel a bit sorry for him though, think Rae genuinely expected to have Gordon, Webster, and Baird as his centre halves for the season, but Mackenzie became available and he went for it. 

At any level of professional football players should be able to adapt to changes like playing left and right centre back. Even more so in the 2nd tier of Scottish football. If a player couldn't adjust to playing LCB rather than the 'natural' RCB then I don't think they should be playing at this level.

Bit of a silly statement in my opinion...

Aye but you would pick a pair whose strengths compliment each other and suit the style of play you want.

you might not pick fraz and play a high line because of his lack of pace, unless his partner can cover for him.  You might not pick a centre back who cant pass the ball well if you expect him to have lots of it, such as durnan last week.

2 weeks ago we complained about stevenson playing cdm when we think he's better further forward but still central.

i like ben, i like bucky, im not sure that they'd work together or that ben would sign on loan to compete with our fittest and most consistent cb who also happens to play his preferred position.