Sons' sorrow

Really good team performance today. Thomson grafted like a Trojan up front and undoubtedly gave the United defenders a very difficult afternoon. Stevenson was far better further forward, Smith did a power of work and even Grant Gallagher played well - give him the job in front of the defence where he can close people down and either play, or be available for, simpler passes instead of expecting him to influence a game offensively and if he can perform like that then he'll be a very useful player this season. Sparky in an unfamiliar position at the back was very composed.

The difference between today and our performances over the past few weeks was night and day. Really pleasing stuff on show from us today.

2 minutes ago, sarti pooh said:

If we could shift Brown and free up a wage for a signing what kind of player would sons fans like to be brought in?

Another Centre-half would be ideal I think, one who could also play at RB would be superb. Apart from that maybe an extra winger, although I like Smith/Todd and Stirling it would be good to have another option there.

Take it Brown wasn't even in the stands today? Bit of a minter for him that Martin has already pulled off 3 saves he'd never have made.

Another Centre-half would be ideal I think, one who could also play at RB would be superb. Apart from that maybe an extra winger, although I like Smith/Todd and Stirling it would be good to have another option there.

Take it Brown wasn't even in the stands today? Bit of a minter for him that Martin has already pulled off 3 saves he'd never have made.

Brown was there.

I think right back is a good shout. Bit thin there.

Still buzzing after that today. What a performance!

2 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Brown was there.

Whereabouts was he? I had a wee scan round, but didn't clock him. 

If Jaz is out for a while I wouldn't be averse to handing Barclay an extension 'til January if he's fine to just gather splinters in his backside.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Jordan McMillan. 

Second that. Excellent player, leader, organiser and exactly what we need. I'd be surprised if he doesn't have f/t offers however.

Excellent result today, thought sparky at CB would be the target for some high ball action but the defence rarely looked troubled. Harvie impressed on his home debut. It's going to be interesting when Barr and Wright are fit.

Gal and Thomson made an effective defensive mid partnership, Gal without being stellar put in a composed and solid performance. I like the look of thomson, Scott Brown type of player but showed maturity to cool it once he had been booked.

Stevo just ooze's class on the ball, what I really like about him is that when he has the ball, he makes everyone play at his pace. Smith and Todd put in a shift

Thommo showed why he will be a fans favourite. Never gives up or gives defenders a minutes peace.

Difference from the hibs game a year ago is we where the better team. Happy days.

Edited by albundy
blah