Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, mike rankine said:

Moonster...you've just proven yourself that most of it was "complete and utter tosh" by dismantling each rumour one at a time.

Regarding losing the dressing room on the strength of Mark Brown's (and his missus) tweets? He's lost one player. One player who is clearly not in his plans and may be trying to instigate an exit. The fact that Sparky initially liked it but quickly unliked it suggests to me that Stevie Aitken still has control of the players he wants to keep.

A team that keeps going to the last minute when they are 4-1 down is a better guide to whether the players are committed or not.

What's the problem then? If rumours are being thrown up and shot down on here then that's a good thing. 

Maybe Stevie has lost only one player and everyone in the dressing room is right behind him, but the fact is that player can influence others as long as he's still here. Keeping Brown in that dressing room will have a far bigger negative effect on the dressing room than some wee arsehole like me giving their opinion on a football forum designed for wee arseholes like me. I don't see an issue with people come on here to state their interpretation of what they see. If you disagree with that interpretation by all means join the debate, rather than saying no debate is allowed.

Just now, Sons FC said:

Where did I say that no debate was allowed?

Okay, debate is allowed but...

15 hours ago, Sons FC said:

Lets stop the guesswork and the rumours for heaven's sake.

...don't talk about things you heard at the match on here? Or better still, don't say what you think of our goalkeeper posting things on twitter saying "we're going nowhere"? When fans only see a glimpse of the story then they're going to fill in the rest with guesswork (educated guesswork in some cases, others not so much), are you suggesting that we shouldn't comment on things until all the facts present themselves (which in some cases will be never)?

Some of the concerns raised have been ludicrous, some of them have been logical, it's what makes football forums interesting.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

So, what should we talk about in here now that players/management or general worries about the club are off the table?

I'm usually the first to shoot down folk being negative but right now it's absolutely clear why there is negativity.  It's not up to that fans to relinquish that negativity by being blindly positive, it's up to the management and players to put our minds at rest with a performance that at least suggests we're a team. I'm yet to see that this year and I'm sorry if it upsets people but it inevitably leads to speculation that things aren't well behind the scenes.

Hear hear...well put.

The situation is not totally as bleak as some may assume, on or off the pitch, nor is it a bed of roses.  And yes there are money concerns, there always are at Scottish part-time clubs, but ours are hugely exacerbated by the frankly bizarre nature of the ownership of DFC - and that last point needs to enter the consciousness of every Sons fan on here.

We are in effect living in rented accommodation and having to fund every last cent ourselves, with a landlord determined to sell off the place whilst indulging in some extremely wishful thinking marked 'new accommodation'.  That same landlord couldn't give a f*** if the roof leaks and the lights fail - they are interested only in cashing in on the real estate. 

So, on small gates and limited other income we will naturally struggle to provide a Manager with funds sufficient to attract and retain the calibre of player required to keep us in the Championship.  I'm no cheerleader for the Board of DFC but these guys and the last two Managers have IMO performed a pretty remarkable job in the circumstances.

If we go down like a brick then this season so be it.  We are a club punching above it's weight but as long as Brabco effectively have the reins we will have problems; maybe it's about time these land speculators received some of the criticism that flows freely on here.

1 minute ago, ayetherock said:

Surely he can't play for St mirren then later in the cup?

We've got loads of forwards anyway.

Not many midfield players though.

Jordan Thompson (on loan to Raith) played too.

6 minutes ago, ayetherock said:

That's fair enough. Just surprised he's allowed to play in it when he's on loan to St mirren.

Me too.

I'm assuming it was one of possibly several conditions stipulated in the terms of the development loan.