Sons' sorrow

I don't care how much we're paying him, the fact we punted Scott Taggart and brought him in is utterly staggering. He can point his fingers all he likes, but he was the source of much of Joe Cardle's joy on Saturday, despite higher profile errors from those around him.

Can't mind if it was on here but that's twice in a row cradle has had a hat trick when facing pettigrew. I know he wasn't to blame for probably 2 of the goals but still.

Here we go again.

There is far too much unfounded and ludicrous speculation on here. Financial crisis, losing the dressing room, wage issues, players having to be punted, etc.

All this does is put needless negative pressure on the club, the players amd the rest of us on P&B

Lets stop the guesswork and the rumours for heaven's sake.

Here we go again.

There is far too much unfounded and ludicrous speculation on here. Financial crisis, losing the dressing room, wage issues, players having to be punted, etc.

All this does is put needless negative pressure on the club, the players amd the rest of us on P&B

Lets stop the guesswork and the rumours for heaven's sake.

It's a football forum, for discussion amongst fans.

A discussion on a football forum puts absolutely zero pressure on anyone.

If speculation on an online forum is putting the club and players under pressure then we might as well just accept relegation now.

If you find yourself under negative pressure on P&B and can't cope then just don't log on, and if the players and management can't deal with what's being posted on here then they are probably in the wrong profession.

Nothing horrendous is being said, nobody is being singled out for personal abuse or criticism, it's just a bunch of football fans discussing the fact that quite a few of them have a bad feeling about things currently.

Nobody being singled out?! Read back through the last few pages...

"If there's wage unrest Pettigrew will be at the heart of it" ...unfounded speculation based on the assumption he is one of the lower earners.

Mark Brown described as a "wage thief"...If any of us had a fixed term contract would we walk away without appropriate compensation. It's not his fault Dumbarton made the mistake of giving him a 2 year deal.

As for no one being singled out for personal abuse or criticism...that's a bit rich coming from the President of the Grant Gallagher Appreciation Society![emoji28]

13 minutes ago, mike rankine said:

Nobody being singled out?! Read back through the last few pages...

"If there's wage unrest Pettigrew will be at the heart of it" ...unfounded speculation based on the assumption he is one of the lower earners.

Mark Brown described as a "wage thief"...If any of us had a fixed term contract would we walk away without appropriate compensation. It's not his fault Dumbarton made the mistake of giving him a 2 year deal.

As for no one being singled out for personal abuse or criticism...that's a bit rich coming from the President of the Grant Gallagher Appreciation Society!emoji28.png

"Nobody is being singled out for personal abuse or criticism" was what I actually said. Everything that has been said is typically what you would find on most football forums. It might not be nice but football is an emotional business and people are going to get upset and hysterical when they feel something isn't right at their club. Unfounded speculation? Welcome to the world of dealing with (mainly) anonymous strangers on the internet. You'll be able to judge for yourself who the real #ITK people are and who the guys just making stuff up based on guesswork are.

I complete agree with you about Mark Brown, he's well within his rights to stay here and sit in the stand pocketing his cash, many of us would do the same if we'd been dealt with like he has. 

The term "wage thief" however is used by plenty of fans to describe players who don't play/aren't good enough/spend all their time injured or suspended. It's basically just a lazy cliche nowadays. When we, as fans, put an awful lot of money into supporting a club seeing a footballer pocket some of that cash and then slag off his employer online isn't exactly going to appeal to the fans. I completely get that frustration. In saying that, as pointed out earlier in this post and on this forum, I feel for Brown.

Look at all the comments I've put on about Gallagher, I've said I don't rate him as a footballer, I don't think he's up to this level of football and he shouldn't be anywhere near the wing/number 10 position/ upfront but I've never personally abused him or criticised him as a person. I'm sure he's a lovely guy, and a far better footballer than any of us, but posting on here that he isn't up to this level (which I doubt many people could argue against) certainly isn't something that should upset or surprise him (or anyone reading this forum) in the slightest.

If you want personal abuse then hop onto the Celtic forum and take a swatch at their Shay Logan threads - he had the cheek to be racially abused by one of their players and got absolutely singled out for it. There's nothing even remotely similar going on here.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

So, what should we talk about in here now that players/management or general worries about the club are off the table?

I'm usually the first to shoot down folk being negative but right now it's absolutely clear why there is negativity.  It's not up to that fans to relinquish that negativity by being blindly positive, it's up to the management and players to put our minds at rest with a performance that at least suggests we're a team. I'm yet to see that this year and I'm sorry if it upsets people but it inevitably leads to speculation that things aren't well behind the scenes.

50 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

If speculation on an online forum is putting the club and players under pressure then we might as well just accept relegation now.

If you find yourself under negative pressure on P&B and can't cope then just don't log on, and if the players and management can't deal with what's being posted on here then they are probably in the wrong profession.

Nothing horrendous is being said, nobody is being singled out for personal abuse or criticism, it's just a bunch of football fans discussing the fact that quite a few of them have a bad feeling about things currently.

Yip. Professional footballers either need to have a thick skin or have the sense not to come onto forums like this. If Jim Duffy or some of our squad logged on here or our unofficial forum every so often they'd either be offering some of the posters a square go or be pishing themselves laughing. 

Us fans being a fickle bunch I'm sure a few positive results will change the tone.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

So, what should we talk about in here now that players/management or general worries about the club are off the table?

I'm usually the first to shoot down folk being negative but right now it's absolutely clear why there is negativity.  It's not up to that fans to relinquish that negativity by being blindly positive, it's up to the management and players to put our minds at rest with a performance that at least suggests we're a team. I'm yet to see that this year and I'm sorry if it upsets people but it inevitably leads to speculation that things aren't well behind the scenes.

There is a world of difference between discussing the positives and negatives of any football team and their players and management and the downright blind guesswork and unfonded speculation that people present on here as fact.

Training once a week?

Training moved?

Club close to administration?

Manager lost the dressing room?

Wage arguments?

All unfounded, all guesswork and most of it is complete and utter tosh.

There is a world of difference between discussing the positives and negatives of any football team and their players and management and the downright blind guesswork and unfonded speculation that people present on here as fact.

Training once a week?

Training moved?

Wage arguments?

At what point did anyone try to present the above as 'fact'?

It's a collection of people posting their opinions and thoughts. If you don't like that then a football forum probably isn't the best place for you.

8 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Training once a week?

Training moved?

Wage arguments?

If someone hears a rumour at the game and then comes on here to ask if anyone has heard similar, it does not equate to it being fact.  For example, the administration stuff was a suggestion by one fan, and he was roundly shot down and given various reasons for it. Again with the training, one guy came on and said that they'd heard our arrangements had changed and it was quickly shot down as rubbish. I stated that our performances so far along with players posting snide remarks on social media does not look like a dressing room which the manager is in control of - that's not unfounded guesswork, it's opinion. 

As I've said, this is exactly the place these things should be discussed. Usually the bullshit will get weeded out pretty quickly.

Anyway, seen as you know "most of it is complete and utter tosh", why don't you set the record straight and we can go back to being positive wee happy clappers without a care in the world.

Moonster...you've just proven yourself that most of it was "complete and utter tosh" by dismantling each rumour one at a time.

Regarding losing the dressing room on the strength of Mark Brown's (and his missus) tweets? He's lost one player. One player who is clearly not in his plans and may be trying to instigate an exit. The fact that Sparky initially liked it but quickly unliked it suggests to me that Stevie Aitken still has control of the players he wants to keep.

A team that keeps going to the last minute when they are 4-1 down is a better guide to whether the players are committed or not.