Sons' sorrow

Surely mccallum should be in the side by now

Ahead of who?

McCallum has done nothing to suggest he should be a regular starter IMO. I'd have Todd, Stevenson, Thomson and Fleming starting before him in the positions he can play.

I actually think McCallum is more suited as an impact sub when defenses are tiring but even at that I have my doubts over him. I would have liked to see him go out on loan to League 1 or 2 until Christmas, if he's doing well then bring him back in and give him a chance. I don't see much progress being made and that's all down to lack of game time, something we can ill afford to give him (unless he proves he's worthy) when we are scrapping for any points we can.

29 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

Ben Gordon signs.

For Alloa on an emergency loan.

Interesting one. St Mirren website says "until January" but an Emergency Loan has a maximum period of 93 days which would take him to mid December only.

Also, he played for St Mirren against us on Saturday so once he plays for Alloa that's his two clubs for the season done. He can't move on anywhere else in January. It'll be back to St Mirren or staying at Alloa. I therefore presume it's effectively with a view to him joining Alloa permanently as soon as the window actually opens. Or at least renewing the loan for the rest of the season (unless a change of manager at Paisley changes things I suppose).

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Can't believe you haven't gone in for Gordon. Well maybe you have and he's picked Alloa over the championship. If that's the case, then that makes it all the better!

What we've taken from you in the likes of Kirkpatrick, Waters, Graham etc have all exceeded expectations so anymore like that kicking about we'll take them [emoji6]!

27 minutes ago, KierenAAFC said:

Can't believe you haven't gone in for Gordon. Well maybe you have and he's picked Alloa over the championship. If that's the case, then that makes it all the better!

What we've taken from you in the likes of Kirkpatrick, Waters, Graham etc have all exceeded expectations so anymore like that kicking about we'll take them emoji6.png!

I think it was the case that St Mirren weren't keen on loaning him to one of their relegation rivals. Could be wrong, though I do believe we were interested.

Taggart Graham Gordon Waters, a full former DFC back 4. You can have Mark Brown and make it a back 5 if you want ;)

5 hours ago, KierenAAFC said:

What we've taken from you in the likes of Kirkpatrick, Waters, Graham etc have all exceeded expectations so anymore like that kicking about we'll take them emoji6.png!

We have this internationally renowned goalkeeper called Mark Brown, who I am sure would do a great job for you.

On second thoughts, I actually like Alloa and wouldn't sully their good reputation by offering that wage thief to them.

I think it was the case that St Mirren weren't keen on loaning him to one of their relegation rivals. Could be wrong, though I do believe we were interested.

Taggart Graham Gordon Waters, a full former DFC back 4. You can have Mark Brown and make it a back 5 if you want [emoji6]

We have this internationally renowned goalkeeper called Mark Brown, who I am sure would do a great job for you.

On second thoughts, I actually like Alloa and wouldn't sully their good reputation by offering that wage thief to them.

Enquiry was made a number of weeks ago when short of defenders but St Mirren not keen as there poor run of results continued.

@Sonsteam of 08 , half a million!

Capture.JPG

You know literally 3 minutes ago I got a message on Facebook with that picture attached, pointing out his 'value'.

Fair play, if he's worth 500k then I'm worth comfortably over 10 grand [emoji23]

Not sure that speed and passing are his best attributes to be quite honest - that'd have to be tackling and running about near the ball for me.

On 21/09/2016 at 08:38, Sonsteam of 08 said:

You know literally 3 minutes ago I got a message on Facebook with that picture attached, pointing out his 'value'.

Fair play, if he's worth 500k then I'm worth comfortably over 10 grand emoji23.png

Not sure that speed and passing are his best attributes to be quite honest - that'd have to be tackling and running about near the ball for me.

Maybe it's a printing error and it's actually Zimbabwean Dollars?

On 17/09/2016 at 18:36, squeezeboxson said:

How much of a joke is our home 'stewarding'? I use the term loosely as all they seem to do is make things more difficult. Murder trying to get out of the car park after the game today.

I contacted the club through Twitter to complain, it was an absolute shambles last two home games, here's Hoping it improves, quickly

33 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I contacted the club through Twitter to complain, it was an absolute shambles last two home games, here's Hoping it improves, quickly

Almost as bad as the times last season where they tried to tell us the car park was full and at one of the games refused people entry to the car park - despite there clearly being spaces. Shambles is being polite about it.

Serves us right for choosing to park in the car park and give the club some extra money when we could do what everyone else does...