Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Lichtie78 said:

In the paper today we're after a Dumbarton forward-I presume it's Donald McCallum, what's he like?

Had heard similar. Would hope he would be able to get some game time. His movement is quite good and he is quite nippy. Just needs to be a bit stronger most of the time. Should do well enough.

Had heard similar. Would hope he would be able to get some game time. His movement is quite good and he is quite nippy. Just needs to be a bit stronger most of the time. Should do well enough.

Dick did say we had a "quick and nimble" striker coming in on trial so he'd match that description. Sounds like he'd do well alongside Steven Doris.

Just now, Lichtie78 said:

Dick did say we had a "quick and nimble" striker coming in on trial so he'd match that description. Sounds like he'd do well alongside Steven Doris.

He should probably have went out on loan at this time last season or maybe even a wee bit earlier. Just hope he gets some goals and plenty match time.

Nimble is probably a good description. He's fast but he's far too light.  His goal to minute ratio is impressive but he was never getting a game for us in this league and should've been out on loan two seasons ago.  I sincerely hope he goes and bangs them in and comes back to us a better player but I fear this is the last we'll see of him.

Nowhere near as good, Shelldon.

If McCallum does go, it leaves us with 18 players, 3 of which are goal keepers. So we have 15 outfield players and one of those is Grant Gallagher who I'd be surprised to see any time soon. We're awfy light looking again despite having signed 5 players this window. Could maybe do with another midfielder coming in as cover if Donz leaves.

32 minutes ago, DumbartonTheSons said:

Is there a limit to the number of players a club can have on loan in one season/at one time?

Yes, each club can have FIVE Standard or Emergency Loans over the course of a season, and no more than 4 at one time. Of these no more than two all season, and one at a time, can be over 21. In addition to this you can have up to 4 Development Loans for u20 players.

None of these limits include international loans, only domestic. There is no limit to international loans in either number or ages (hence why Rangers could have five Newcastle players at once a couple of years ago).

Yes, each club can have FIVE Standard or Emergency Loans over the course of a season, and no more than 4 at one time. Of these no more than two all season, and one at a time, can be over 21. In addition to this you can have up to 4 Development Loans for u20 players.
None of these limits include international loans, only domestic. There is no limit to international loans in either number or ages (hence why Rangers could have five Newcastle players at once a couple of years ago).

I just thought that was because they were cheating b*****ds! Thanks for clearing that up though [emoji106]

I see farrel being linked with the Stranraer job, you lads think he's likely to go?

He was apparently offered it when Stevie Aitken came to us and rejected it to join him. Pretty sure he said at the time he was quite happy being a no 2 and had no plans to go into management himself.

Unless his stance has changed and he wants to give it a bash then I'd imagine he will stay.

Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised to see Faz go - then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay. I hope he doesn't as him and Stevie work well together and the players seem to get on well with him. 

And we all know what happened when Ian Murray lost his number two :unsure:

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Stranraer can f**k off. I wouldn't give them permission to speak. c***s send us Craig Pettigrew, rob us of Nade for half a season and then expect to take Big Faz in return? Half a million and we'll talk ya cheeky b*****ds.

Don't forget stealing wullie Gibson back