Sons' sorrow

I certainly won't be going to the game against the colts and I do hope the board and sfa take note of the 'hopefully' pathetic crowd.
My worry is that our record in this competition is horrific. Not that we really care about the result, however, losing this would just give the big wigs more support for their ridiculous plans.

Purely in the interests of idle chit-chat, Eamonn Brophy is a free agent having left Hamilton. I'm not convinced he's what we need (imo a targetman type would be more useful) but we probably could do worse than try and scrape together the coins to bring him back. Reckon he'd score a few goals given a run in the team, and he has the power and pace to play in a few positions across our front 4.

14 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Purely in the interests of idle chit-chat, Eamonn Brophy is a free agent having left Hamilton. I'm not convinced he's what we need (imo a targetman type would be more useful) but we probably could do worse than try and scrape together the coins to bring him back. Reckon he'd score a few goals given a run in the team, and he has the power and pace to play in a few positions across our front 4.

I reckon he would be a very good option to have in the squad. Had he been available earlier then we should have tried to get him in, imo. Unfortunately, I would hazard a guess that he doesn't tick the boxes enough in what we require and we can't afford to bring in any more than 1 striker.

I'd be happy enough with Brophy, he's deceivingly strong and is good at holding the ball up. He might not be the best in the air but he certainly has ability and I'd be quite happy having a different option if the target man approach isn't particularly working.

Based on what I've seen of Stewart so far I wouldn't have him near the starting 11 so I'd welcome a Brophy type.

I'm aware of his record but what type of striker is Kane? Pacey or hold up type?

Pure and simple goalscorer. He'll work hard and pester defenders, has a decent turn of pace, but mainly he's a guy who'll get into the right positions and score. With the creative genius of Dobbie beside him I'd imagine he'll score plenty.

21 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm aware of his record but what type of striker is Kane? Pacey or hold up type?

19 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Pure and simple goalscorer. He'll work hard and pester defenders, has a decent turn of pace, but mainly he's a guy who'll get into the right positions and score. With the creative genius of Dobbie beside him I'd imagine he'll score plenty.

And Colin Nish looked a better player when playing beside him, believe it or not.