Sons' sorrow

5 minutes ago, Supremesons said:

I must be the only one confident of beating Arbroath

Possibly.

I just don't think this squad have the bottle for it. They chuck it far too easily. The attitude is all wrong.

Feel free to pin that one up if you're reading Stevie.

Seeing as our threads been a bit quiet of late.
There's a wee rumour I seen on Twitter that Jim Duffy is off at the end of the season. Surely if this happened Stevie would be a big favourite to take over across the water?
Would be surprised if Stevie is considered for the Morton gig (if reports of Duffy leaving are indeed true).

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We didn’t put a tackle in today, and I’m sure they stats are wrong, I don’t think we had an effort on goal. Never seen anything like it before, feel sorry for Albion Rovers

Is Barr suspended now then and if so is it for one game or two?

I notice that Sir Bryan of Prunty is still on your books. Please tell me that he has nae chance of playing......

I notice that Sir Bryan of Prunty is still on your books. Please tell me that he has nae chance of playing......

Prunty is off to East Kilbride he left in January, not sure he got a minute in the league this season ☹️

Loved him though just a really good guy

Apparently this story has some substance. I'd be surprised too if Stevie Aitken was a front-runner, but if he was I'd be a

Would be surprised if Stevie is considered for the Morton gig (if reports of Duffy leaving are indeed true).
Apparently this story has some substance. I'd be surprised too if Stevie Aitken was a front-runner, but if he was I'd be a lot less disappointed than I might have been 12-18 months back.

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Yeah not been updated for a while. Maybe kept their on purpose because we don’t want to let go

Anyway, anyone know script with Barr?

It was a straight red for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity, so I'd imagine it'll just be the one game. He's already had one red this season though (second booking in October) so I'm not sure if that will have an impact.

I do know however that @Skyline Drifter will be able to tell you.

Are you ready for some nice depressing facts about our goalscoring now that the league season is over?

This season we have:

• Finished with our lowest points total in the Championship (30 v 34).
  • Won the lowest number of games during our time in the league (7 v 9).
  • Scored the lowest number of goals during our time in the league (27 v 35).
  • 27 was our worst goal return in a season since (this is worrying for the superstitious) 1995-96...Got 23 that season. 
  • 27 also represents the joint second worst (with 1894/95 and 1896-97, when we only played 18 league games) total in our history.

Whatever happens in the playoffs I'm pleased to see the end of this season.

22 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

It was a straight red for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity, so I'd imagine it'll just be the one game. He's already had one red this season though (second booking in October) so I'm not sure if that will have an impact.

I do know however that @Skyline Drifter will be able to tell you.

It'll be just one game unless he's already had a red card this season for the same offence of denying a goalscoring opportunity. Red cards for other offences don't count.

22 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It'll be just one game unless he's already had a red card this season for the same offence of denying a goalscoring opportunity. Red cards for other offences don't count.

Think he got a second booking for simulation, resulting in his other red card, so not the same offence.

Boooo!!

He’s a player I really rate.

Anyway, see you Wednesday. Leave Stephen Grindlay at home please.

Against my better judgement, I think I'll be heading to Gayfield on Wednesday. I keep trying to convince myself that they must be hopeless because they lost to bottom of the table amateurs today. It's not working though. I just want this season finished as I've had a gutful tbh and I've felt this way since the cup final.

1 hour ago, lionel wickson said:

Aitken says we'll be appealing Barr's red card.

Hmm...Is an appeal not quite costly? 

As soon as it happened I thought he was probably off. Unless the video is conclusive I wouldn't want us wasting money on it.