Sons' sorrow

21 minutes ago, Robbiem1872 said:

Regretful moment, got to admit the players did taught them by celebrating and roaring at the fans, thought they created a good atmosphere today and got the crowd going with their drum 

I'm all for you boys making some noise and it was a very welcome atmosphere today, but you can't start this "players taunted us" stuff. The lads were dishing out abuse to every Alloa player that came within 20 yards of them, you've got to expect it back when they score. We will be fined for failing to control our crowd now due to things being thrown on the pitch. Be loud and supportive but you absolutely cannot be throwing things at players. It's a headache the club does not need right now.

Just now, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Looks like a guy who will score for fun in U20s football because of his physique, but can't hack it against grown men. I have no idea why he was given 120 minutes today.

Follows me on Twitter though, so he must be sound.

Right cheers both of yous he and McLaughlin tore the unders bit disopnting to see a youth player not make it but a well maybe McLaughlin will be good

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I'm all for you boys making some noise and it was a very welcome atmosphere today, but you can't start this "players taunted us" stuff. The lads were dishing out abuse to every Alloa player that came within 20 yards of them, you've got to expect it back when they score. We will be fined for failing to control our crowd now due to things being thrown on the pitch. Be loud and supportive but you absolutely cannot be throwing things at players. It's a headache the club does not need right now.

True, all I can do is offer our sincere apologies and we were poorly behaved today as in relation to the two goals, onwards to next season, hopefully the team can pull together and bring the sons back up to where they belong! 

2 minutes ago, Robbiem1872 said:

True, all I can do is offer our sincere apologies and we were poorly behaved today as in relation to the two goals, onwards to next season, hopefully the team can pull together and bring the sons back up to where they belong! 

Spoken like a true professional, how'd you fancy the Manager's job??

5 minutes ago, Robbiem1872 said:

You can get them all to put their hands in their pockets and pay the fine when it gets dished out.

Regretful moment, got to admit the players did taught them by celebrating and roaring at the fans, thought they created a good atmosphere today and got the crowd going with their drum 

Sorry Robbie, but your mob embarassed themselves today and have potentially cost the club some dough. Unacceptable behaviour and the Alloa players were quite right to get right up you when they scored. If you want to behave like that f**k off to Parkhead or Ibrox and don't burdon us with that nonsense.

Strange I’m not that gutted. It is what it is and we were a minute away from almost pulling it off.

ive tried all season to avoid directing individual criticism but here goes.

i understand that we area negative minded team all season so difficult to change that against Alloa who are clearly used to playing on front foot

Smith awful at right back all day , not one submade our team better. Anyone who has posted about mark Stewart playing over past few weeks surely got there answer today

stevie took our creative players Stirling and Walsh off and gambled on holding out. 

Burt lightweight and simply not good enough and one decision from him decided our fate. 

Someone made comment that we were lucky today at 80 mind cause Alloa were rubbish but if you allow so many balls into box one might come off.

probsbly not too sad cause what would next year in 2nd tier had offered?? But what will next year in doc 1 offer.

i Saidthis following the announcement but  is the season ticket deal that attractive?? Not for me it ain’t 

Edited by cedrick1

1 minute ago, Robbiem1872 said:

Respect your opinion and agree with you on most points but right up until the goal can I ask what behavior was unacceptable? 

Throwing items on the pitch and trying to act the big men to fight alloa fans. Fucking embarrassing. 

Respect your opinion and agree with you on most points but right up until the goal can I ask what behavior was unacceptable? 

The behaviour that was unacceptable was launching shit onto the pitch. Whether that happened before or after the goal is irrelevant.

If you want to dish it out you need to learn to take it back and if you can't then don't attend the fitba.

Missed the game due to babysitting issues. Watched on alba. Stevie at the end saying Hutton and Stirling were playing with injuries and were patched up before the game. He was very non-committal about his future but sounded to me like he was going to be off.
If indeed Hutton and Stirling were injured why play them? Start Wilson or gallagher in the middle of the park in place of Hutton and Burt or Froxy for Stirling. That's not rocket science.
We offered nothing going forward today which was exactly what we've offered for long periods this season. How we have missed big Nade. He would at least hold the ball up and allow us to get further up the park. Majority of those players need to go. Only ones id keep are Scott Gallagher (shakey start but has been decent lately). Hill, Barr, Dowie, Carswell and Stirling. Rest can go find other clubs as far as I'm concerned. We need a striker that will score in league 1 for a start. We are also now going to be competing with league 1 teams who can probably offer more money than us and now we don't have the selling point of championship football.
As for the wee idiots thinking their hard. Don't tarnish our club with the reputation of others in the area, come and support and make some noise but start that nonsense and GTF. Wee guys acting hard at football is the cringiest thing ever, especially towards opposition players. These are probably the same wee idiots that came to the cup final with their union jacks and got very sheepish when turned on by our fans.

At least you'll get your "couple of seasons convalescence in League 1" now. [emoji6]
I genuinely never wanted that but I can't complain on the evidence since New Year onwards, including all four play-off games. The club has massive challenges and to be honest convalescence isn't likely to enter into it.

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
26 minutes ago, Silverton End said:
At least you'll get your "couple of seasons convalescence in League 1" now. emoji6.png

I genuinely never wanted that but I can't complain on the evidence since New Year onwards, including all four play-off games. The club has massive challenges and to be honest convalescence isn't likely to enter into it.

The challenges will certainly be massive now, crowds of circa 400-500/600, inc away supports. Hospitality revenue?? Gone

It's no wonder our new Chairman J Steele was out in front of us, on the gravel track, before extra time, gesturing us to get the noise going.

Kudos to him as he seems very positive towards all things DFC, fans included, big job ahead for the guy.

Absolutely gutted. No getting away from it.

We were so close to pulling it off but it wasn't to be.

We'll need to regroup massively and a huge overhaul is required.

Now on to the post-mortem as I see it...

Aitken's tactics, lack of nous and uber-defensive approach have come back to bite us in the arse. Over the two legs, Alloa were there for the taking, an average side that we troubled little. And while I say that they're average, and I think that's perfectly fair, it says a whole lot more about us that we couldn't despatch them over two legs.

I understand the replacement of Walsh, I don't think he looks fully fit (and hasn't since New Year imo) but to then hook Stirling, who causes problems and runs with the ball was a mistake.

Not as big an error as bringing on Gallagher. I've nothing against him at all, but he's not good enough for this level and it left us as defensive as we could possibly be with no outlet or attacking threat. So Alloa then score, inevitably, but having made those substitutions, where do we go from there? And that's something that Aitken has to take responsibility for.

That said, the players have to stand up and accept that they made errors that cost us. Manage the game in the last ten minutes. Take your time. Time waste. Take the ball to the corner. Everything Alloa did once they went in front. But we didn't when Burt was away, and we've paid a heavy, heavy price for it.

It'll be a huge summer for the club on and more importantly off the field, and with budgets due to be slashed massively, it'll be a hugely testing time.

And for all the chat of Aitken leaving etc, firstly he's under contract and secondly, why would he? We've come very close to achieving our goal and he'll cite the old 'part time team' nonsense for our failure in the end. He's not going to walk away from a contract, let's get real on that.

And breathe...