Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Fairly impressive stats for Wilson considering his limited game time.

I'm going to be a pain in the arse and ask in what games he provided the assists?

Aye they are decent, his pass against Falkirk was one of the highlights of the season.

The games were:

Albion Rovers 1-1 DFC (F) - Calum Gallagher scored

DFC 1-3 Ayr United - Christian Nade scored

Falkirk 1-1 DFC - Ally Roy scored

DFC 2-1 Stranraer - Craig Barr scored (I'll actually need to check that one, because I can't remember it).

Then two against Dundee United for Mango's goals.

His overall game isn't great, but I think there's a player in there. He just plays like a 19 year old, which is what lets him down.

Felt for you lot yesterday, firstly due to being the latest to fall foul of Alloa's 'b*****d' streak, which they have unleashed on both ourselves and Raith in the last few weeks. They seem to love rustling teams, and scoring a 93rd minute goal just epitomises that.

Mainly feel for you having to sit through 120 minutes (210 if you happened to go to the away leg) of utterly shambolic tactics where it seemed like an attack v defence training drill for much of the second half. I understand that you had a precarious lead and I suppose SA decided to try and hang onto that, but ultimately he got it all wrong. Must have been absolutely brutal to watch as a DFC fan watching wave after wave of Alloa attacks knowing that, if one of them happened to result in a goal, you were f****d.

Not going to try and paint a rosy picture of relegation here, and when Ayr were sent packing this time last year, I was gutted, but there really is nothing like watching your team win games, regardless of what level it's at. What you have had at DFC in the last few years is nothing short of miraculous, but maybe it's time for you to go down, re-group and have the chance to experience a different kind of season, where success means more than just avoiding relegation.

29 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Will it be "karma" if St Mirren get relegated next season?

Are they the only team in the division upping prices depending on the opposition?

Just now, Div said:

Are they the only team in the division upping prices depending on the opposition?

Nope but they are moving season ticket holders from their seats when the OF play.  I think Thistle do similar but is that not 'money' grabbing too?

Felt for you lot yesterday, firstly due to being the latest to fall foul of Alloa's 'b*****d' streak, which they have unleashed on both ourselves and Raith in the last few weeks. They seem to love rustling teams, and scoring a 93rd minute goal just epitomises that.
Mainly feel for you having to sit through 120 minutes (210 if you happened to go to the away leg) of utterly shambolic tactics where it seemed like an attack v defence training drill for much of the second half. I understand that you had a precarious lead and I suppose SA decided to try and hang onto that, but ultimately he got it all wrong. Must have been absolutely brutal to watch as a DFC fan watching wave after wave of Alloa attacks knowing that, if one of them happened to result in a goal, you were f****d.
Not going to try and paint a rosy picture of relegation here, and when Ayr were sent packing this time last year, I was gutted, but there really is nothing like watching your team win games, regardless of what level it's at. What you have had at DFC in the last few years is nothing short of miraculous, but maybe it's time for you to go down, re-group and have the chance to experience a different kind of season, where success means more than just avoiding relegation.

I'd have rathered we stayed up but I can see your point and it will be refreshing to not be getting relentlessly pumped every weekend as has been the case for the last few months.

Regarding Aitken's tactics you are spot on. They are brutal to watch and largely ineffective. Our most successful spell under Aitken (2nd half of last season) was when we actually had a go at teams.

He really needs to get off to a quick start next season, a lot of the supporters are starting to turn against him. He's lucky in the sense that the cup run papered over some cracks because I reckon he would have far less support right now if it wasn't for that. It's imperative he changes the brand of football pronto and picks up some early results.

1 minute ago, PWL said:

Nope but they are moving season ticket holders from their seats when the OF play.  I think Thistle do similar but is that not 'money' grabbing too?

Yes it is, completely.

Off the top of my head St.Mirren, Celtic, Rangers and Partick Thistle all move their season ticket holders for certain games.

4 minutes ago, Div said:

Yes it is, completely.

Off the top of my head St.Mirren, Celtic, Rangers and Partick Thistle all move their season ticket holders for certain games.

OF do it for segregation reasons as they'd sell out anyway. 

Thistle and St Mirren are doing it to maximise revenue - which is fine but glass houses and all that....

10 minutes ago, PWL said:

For me this is far worse than charging an extra two quid for tickets to big games.

Yesterday was grim for the comments above. I think that the relegation could be a bit of a blessing in disguise. We have struggled all season apart from a few glimpses of brilliance. Brechin took much of the spotlight due to them being so woeful. Personally I think if we had stayed up we would have a season like Brechin had and I am sure more fans would have walked away, which would have been more detrimental in the long run for the club.

Our new chairman seems to be a true fan and is approachable, talking to fans in the lounge after the game and on the touch line yesterday trying to get enthusiasm from us. It is good to see and hopefully he will keep it going. When did we last see such support from the top. Off the part who knows what it happening with Branco, hopefully they will have learnt the lesson of not investing in the team and that they reap their reward by being offered a pittance should someone be brave enough to buy them out.

The prematch entertain seems to be a winner and hopefully this will generate much needed income. Well done to all involved in this venture.

The Trust have done a great job and must be congratulated on all their hard work.

Now to the playing side of things. Whoever is in charge next season has the priority of getting a striker which we have been desperately crying out for some time. If we re to escape league 1 we must be more attack minded. Hopefully we can improve the squad. I feel we are fairly good at the back and in midfield. It was commented that the players did not acknowledge the fans at full time yesterday, but if you had lost the match you would be downhearted and want to escape as quickly as possible.

We have had a fantastic 6 years in the Championship and hopefully can return there soon. Being a Sons fan is all about ups and downs, and we have had a fair few of them, but let’s get behind them new things season. As fans we need to be more vocal and while the drums created a bit of atmosphere their behaviour towards the end was not acceptable and if they can be identified from pictures they should be spoken to about what is acceptable and told if they don’t behave they are not welcome at the club.

There's a bit of an unreal feel to this thread right now - we've just stumbled into relegation on the back of a miserable four months of utter unwatchable cack, the club is heading up shit creek under mystery men called Brabco and folk are getting into arguments with Saints fans about ticket prices ?  WTF ??

I'd be astounded if Wardrop was willing to drop down to League 1. He's clearly good enough for Championship football, even the likes of Dundee Utd could do far worse than him.

I suspect this is a case of him being nice to fans and not wanting to actually say he has nae interest in signing for us.

Think the thing is Div is that you seem to be incredibly pissed off months later over an extra £2. Other clubs might not have categorised games but Dumbarton are restricted in how many away fans they can accommodate.

See Ewing’s, is he the fat beardy bloke with JE on his jersey? I’ve seen him a few times and just assumed he was a physio or something.

Think the thing is Div is that you seem to be incredibly pissed off months later over an extra £2. Other clubs might not have categorised games but Dumbarton are restricted in how many away fans they can accommodate.

See Ewing’s, is he the fat beardy bloke with JE on his jersey? I’ve seen him a few times and just assumed he was a physio or something.

Aye, he's our goalkeeping coach.

If Gallacher had picked up any sort of injury we'd have moved to sign a goalie on an emergency loan IMO.

1 hour ago, Curler said:

Yesterday was grim for the comments above. I think that the relegation could be a bit of a blessing in disguise. We have struggled all season apart from a few glimpses of brilliance. Brechin took much of the spotlight due to them being so woeful. Personally I think if we had stayed up we would have a season like Brechin had and I am sure more fans would have walked away, which would have been more detrimental in the long run for the club.

Our new chairman seems to be a true fan and is approachable, talking to fans in the lounge after the game and on the touch line yesterday trying to get enthusiasm from us. It is good to see and hopefully he will keep it going. When did we last see such support from the top. Off the part who knows what it happening with Branco, hopefully they will have learnt the lesson of not investing in the team and that they reap their reward by being offered a pittance should someone be brave enough to buy them out.

The prematch entertain seems to be a winner and hopefully this will generate much needed income. Well done to all involved in this venture.

The Trust have done a great job and must be congratulated on all their hard work.

Now to the playing side of things. Whoever is in charge next season has the priority of getting a striker which we have been desperately crying out for some time. If we re to escape league 1 we must be more attack minded. Hopefully we can improve the squad. I feel we are fairly good at the back and in midfield. It was commented that the players did not acknowledge the fans at full time yesterday, but if you had lost the match you would be downhearted and want to escape as quickly as possible.

We have had a fantastic 6 years in the Championship and hopefully can return there soon. Being a Sons fan is all about ups and downs, and we have had a fair few of them, but let’s get behind them new things season. As fans we need to be more vocal and while the drums created a bit of atmosphere their behaviour towards the end was not acceptable and if they can be identified from pictures they should be spoken to about what is acceptable and told if they don’t behave they are not welcome at the club.

Re the drum boys, I'd suggest we have to do more than just talk to them. For starters whoever threw objects onto the pitch must be identified and a life ban imposed. Can't be seen to tolerate that. 

Re the drum boys, I'd suggest we have to do more than just talk to them. For starters whoever threw objects onto the pitch must be identified and a life ban imposed. Can't be seen to tolerate that. 

In total agreement with you in this.