Sons' sorrow

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:
16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:
Ferguson confirmed.
Interesting to note in the article that we had agreed a deal for Sam Wardrop to return but he ended up doing his cruciate. 

Aye, seems a bit odd we were trying to sign a right back. Can Wardrop operate at left back or something?

I'd have to guess Duffy would have been happy for either of them to play left back or maybe he fancied putting one of them further up at right mid or something? Still seems a bit weird overall.

2 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

I'd have to guess Duffy would have been happy for either of them to play left back or maybe he fancied putting one of them further up at right mid or something? Still seems a bit weird overall.

Maybe the plan was for one of them to play at centre back (likely Wardrop?) in the spot vacated by Dowie. When Wardrobe got injured Duffy went for Henk instead?

37 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Naw, Hill was more the box to box while Reilly sits a little bit deeper. 

Twas me who, as Squeezebox says, rated Spencer. Duffy will play Kyle Hutton every week, and so Spencer was the best option we had alongside him. I'm not sure any Sons fan could put a convincing argument in place to say that Forbes or Carsy were a better option (and I say that as a big fanboy of both players).

Reilly is the player that Jim Duffy thinks Kyle Hutton is, so he'll work well alongside someone who will run all day and is comfortable going box-to-box. He's not as physical as Hill (the guy was an absolute unit) but he'll compliment him nicely nonetheless.

He managed three goals for us, and we are garbage, so I'd fancy him to add to that at Station Park.

Edit: I see Morton have signed Andy Dallas on loan from Rangers...Wonder if that might free up a certain Mr Berba for a glorious return.

Edited by Ross Forbes

Ferguson confirmed.
Interesting to note in the article that we had agreed a deal for Sam Wardrop to return but he ended up doing his cruciate. 

Spotted him at the game a few weeks ago and had spoke to him on insta but he wasn’t giving much away.

He would have been a decent addition.

11 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Twas me who, as Squeezebox says, rated Spencer. Duffy will play Kyle Hutton every week, and so Spencer was the best option we had alongside him. I'm not sure any Sons fan could put a convincing argument in place to say that Forbes or Carsy were a better option (and I say that as a big fanboy of both players).

Reilly is the player that Jim Duffy thinks Kyle Hutton is, so he'll work well alongside someone who will run all day and is comfortable going box-to-box. He's not as physical as Hill (the guy was an absolute unit) but he'll compliment him nicely nonetheless.

He managed three goals for us, and we are garbage, so I'd fancy him to add to that at Station Park.

I have to agree, what does Kyle Hutton bring to the team apart from he played at a higher level. All reports and highlights I watch on YouTube (Loon from afar) which I watch all League 1 games, he seem to me anonymous. I think this is your main problem this season and maybe last. The guy has been found out & I don't take pleasure in saying that in any way. 

Edited by SlipperyP

22 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Mango back in contention for a start is huge.

No mention of Chris Smith?

Preview states Adam is fit to be in the squad, which suggests he's only fit for the bench (Mango is stated as being in contention for a starting slot), which again suggests we'll have someone else starting in goal. I'm not sure we can do an emergency loan as the window is open and we've had 3 weeks to find one, so my guess is a trialist looking very like Chris Smith playing in goal tomorrow.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Preview states Adam is fit to be in the squad, which suggests he's only fit for the bench (Mango is stated as being in contention for a starting slot), which again suggests we'll have someone else starting in goal. I'm not sure we can do an emergency loan as the window is open and we've had 3 weeks to find one, so my guess is a trialist looking very like Chris Smith playing in goal tomorrow.

Can he play as a trialist while contracted to East Kilbride?

4 minutes ago, optimistic said:

How fit is he though, I know he played a bounce game, but I’d hate for him to be injured having just come back, unless he’s 100%

He won't be 100% match fit, but you only get that by playing games. He might start, but not see out the full 90 minutes.

At last, the Shaik we were all hoping for. (Let's hope he doesn't desert us like Aitchison, but is intent on staying.)
Shaik's Army (formerly Aitken's Army (disbanded 2018)) will be needing to wear two pairs of incontinence panties each.

Bumped into Henk in the club shop today. He seems keen to get going at Dumbarton he’ll be happy to just be playing first team football I reckon.

Hopefully does the business for you guys, he’s a big handsome giant as well [emoji7]

Kids, this is what it was like before all-day pub opening.  Here we see Winnie's in Renton emptying at 2.30 with the collective muttering of "A' suppose we must" as the faithful set out for Bogheid.

(Print is for sale on Ebay if anyone is interested.)

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Re Hutton : as much as I liked to proclaim him as the tactical genius with my tongue firmly in my cheek, Stevie Aitken knows more about football than I do.  Jim Duffy has forgotten more about football than I will ever know.

Both have used Hutton as a pretty much ever present, so he must have something that's not visible to us proles in the stands.

EDIT : that something may be sensational dirt on the two of them, who knows?

Edited by Boghead ranter