Sons' sorrow

Why is the Dumbarton FC Twitter account relentlessly pumping out information about former players' birthdays?

Probably all started with posting the players and ex players we have on the Facebook page, nice to show a wee bit of appreciation for them, and I think the club has taken it a bit further with a lot of the others. Gives the younger fans a bit of history on ex players

Noticed that Falkirk now have five goalkeepers in their squad (Fasan, Mitchell, Mutch, Young, Burgoyne) and Dunfermline have four (Scully, Murdoch, Robinson and Gill). Also clocked some chat on the Pars thread that they signed Scully because Stevie Crawford doesn't want a part-time goalkeeper in Lee Robinson - a fact perhaps evidenced by Robinson's total omission from their squad yesterday.

He might divide opinion a fair bit, but he'd be a massive upgrade on what we have. Going from the fact he's let McGowan go and not signed Smith yet, I get the feeling Duffy isn't too happy with having him and Adam as our options between the sticks.

I went into the window thinking that if we just signed Smith we'd be fine for a 'keeper, but now I'm really not convinced at all. As we saw with Alan Martin and Danny Rogers, having a good goalkeeper can be huge in avoiding relegation.

The Vale of Leven are sitting 3rd in their league just now and in decent form at the minute. With us not having a home fixture for over a month it may well be worth a visit to the Milburn for those who don't travel to away games.

I'm not sure what upcoming home fixtures they have but no doubt there will be 1 or 2 between now and March.

I’ve been saying for ages that we will get it together but I’m genuinely worried about us now.

If we end up going down again we are fucked big time. Money down, crowds down, uncertainty off the field....

We need a big b*****d up front to bully players.

52 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The Vale of Leven are sitting 3rd in their league just now and in decent form at the minute. With us not having a home fixture for over a month it may well be worth a visit to the Milburn for those who don't travel to away games.

I'm not sure what upcoming home fixtures they have but no doubt there will be 1 or 2 between now and March.

Fixtures for the rest of the season are here

http://www.scottishjuniorfa.com/sjfa/competition_fixtures.cfm?page=1761

22 minutes ago, Johnny Red said:

“Dig a hole for him” is my personal favourite

"Where were you when the brains were handed out?"

"If you watch the game referee/linesman you might learn something.."

"You're a mug referee/linesman/number 'x'."

And many others. Sad thing was, he appeared to take great pleasure at being laughed at.

"Dig a hole and bury him" was a popular terracing chant of yesteryear.

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

How was Ferguson yesterday?

He was fine on the whole. He played CB beside our other new signing. He looked fairly comfortable for more of the game before being involved in a mix up which led to us conceding a penalty. Partly his fault and partly the 'keepers fault. I'd imagine once Craig Barr is fit he will be shifted to LB though.