Sons' sorrow

Just now, The Moonster said:

To be fair, if season ticket holders have left messages to reserve a seat and are without a ticket then that's poor form. 

The club staff is tiny. It's a matter of the logistics of time. they're trying to organise a multi faceted pain in the arse in a very short number of days when the club have very few people to do it. It's not ideal, but it's not worth getting het up over. Saw some folks moaning on the Facebook group last night, but I'd say write off the ire as part of the covid madness and move on. It's on the telly so not like people won't see it.

9 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Can't please everyone. The club are doing their best in a weird situation.

They could’ve responded to the voicemails that season ticket holders left. If they weren’t going to monitor them they shouldn’t have fired up the phone number as a means of contacting them. I’m not particularly arsed they completely dingied my two emails (I feel sorry for the season ticket holders who are missing out) but I do find it odd I never got a response.

9 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

The club staff is tiny. It's a matter of the logistics of time. they're trying to organise a multi faceted pain in the arse in a very short number of days when the club have very few people to do it. It's not ideal, but it's not worth getting het up over. Saw some folks moaning on the Facebook group last night, but I'd say write off the ire as part of the covid madness and move on. It's on the telly so not like people won't see it.

It's essentially selling the same seat twice though - season ticket holders have already paid for these games and if any of them wanted a ticket which was then sold in the general sale then the club have sold two tickets for the match but are allowing entry to only one. I acknowledge we had very little time and our staff are up against it but I can also acknowledge it's a bit shite. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

It's essentially selling the same seat twice though - season ticket holders have already paid for these games and if any of them wanted a ticket which was then sold in the general sale then the club have sold two tickets for the match but are allowing entry to only one. I acknowledge we had very little time and our staff are up against it but I can also acknowledge it's a bit shite. 

Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

There's 300 tickets. The middle area is for BBC crew, teams, staff and Neil Doncaster. 

150 fans in the home end, 150 in the away. Turnstiles are in operation which I find a bit strange. I get the frustration but the club have done well in the last few days to pull this together. This is new for everyone and hopefully it doesn't carry on into next season

1 hour ago, lorenzo71 said:

Not sure if it's posted on here already but how many were allowed in to the sorry SHYBERRY EXCELSIOR?

I think 500 officially but not all of those were fans. The club gave season ticket holders and supporters club members priority but I’d be surprised if that reached 400 people and I think there will be a lot of overlap between those groups. The rest seemed to go to players families and people like that, as far as I know no tickets actually went on sale to anyone who wasn’t originally offered one.

55 minutes ago, Dylangt7 said:

Is there set times for those that will be setting their bikes up against the fence?

(*legal disclaimer - this post does not in anyway endorse such actions)

I see the club have put a statement out warning the polis will be patrolling the perimeter fence tonight :lol:

I didn't realise the use of megaphones (or "loudhailers" as we've called them) was banned in stadiums either, another joke of a rule tbh. 

39 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Me when I see lower league superstars being released by other part-time clubs

F77CD1CD-4153-4983-8D1D-BE93A781E03D.jpeg.58756e4988c7960ca5790c52ea8b371a.jpeg

Hide contents

Me when I realise I support Dumbarton FC and we only sign jobbers two weeks into pre season

D9D61BB4-0C06-4032-BB0A-B4B5361D0733.thumb.jpeg.a254829a8cd3cd6a084fc2416b10dae5.jpeg

Who's been released that would be a decent signing?