Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

I know there are one or two Frank conner (sic) fans on here, so they might want to check out the Raith Rovers thread for some of his tip-top content. 

Frank's a king-sized roaster for sure, looks like 1 or 2 others are after his crown though.

Kristof Syverysten still with you guys.....[emoji848]

He is but unsurprisingly is permanently injured and just can’t get fit.

Farrell mentioned a few weeks ago they were trying to negotiate an early release from his contract as he just isn’t going to be fit but I assume he’s not agreed to whatever sum offered and is happy collecting a wage.

1 minute ago, cameron2000 said:

Farrell mentioned a few weeks ago they were trying to negotiate an early release from his contract as he just isn’t going to be fit but I assume he’s not agreed to whatever sum offered and is happy collecting a wage.

If we have the guy signed up on anything other than a pay as you play deal then Farrell needs his fuckin heid checked. He hadn’t regualarly kicked a ball for about 2 years before he signed for us.

11 hours ago, cameron2000 said:

Some players are unlucky with injuries or so they say

Seem to recall our lot having their usual meltdown after we didnt renew his contract having played 15 games over 3years.

KS is very good player and plays with a smile but not very often & he must just be very unlucky or something else

Edited by shawfield shed boy

8 hours ago, Daddycool said:

No but my buddy is.

i know othe football trusts are more pro active 

Well, respectfully, wind your neck in. If you want to affect the governance of the Trust then pay your membership and change it. Flying onto an anonymous board taking shots at folk behind the guise of "concern for your buddy" is a load of pish. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If anybody wants to see how horrific our pitch looks then fire on BT Sports 1 just now. It’s barely fit to host a Sunday morning kick about nevermind a League 1 or UEFA Youth League match. I’d say it’s probably in the worst state I’ve ever seen it in. A grade A coo field.

I turned it on and totally agree, it looks awful. 2 teams playing on that was always going to struggle. Funnily enough Firhill tonight is also likely to be a mud bath, Rangers B shouldve been sharing with a team with an Astro pitch, same goes for QP.

13 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I turned it on and totally agree, it looks awful. 2 teams playing on that was always going to struggle. Funnily enough Firhill tonight is also likely to be a mud bath, Rangers B shouldve been sharing with a team with an Astro pitch, same goes for QP.

Might even have helped if Rangers had sent ground staff down a few times a month to spend a bit of time working on it. Doubt that they're paying the kind of money that would let us increase our maintenance budget and still get anything out of the arrangement. Lots of smaller teams have better pitches than us, but a lot of that is down to where our ground is. Milburn used to be a decent surface. Places like Newlandsfield in Glasgow are great compared to ours. Different challenges maintaining our pitch.

14 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Might even have helped if Rangers had sent ground staff down a few times a month to spend a bit of time working on it. Doubt that they're paying the kind of money that would let us increase our maintenance budget and still get anything out of the arrangement. Lots of smaller teams have better pitches than us, but a lot of that is down to where our ground is. Milburn used to be a decent surface. Places like Newlandsfield in Glasgow are great compared to ours. Different challenges maintaining our pitch.

I was led to believe that Rangers ground staff have been helping work on it?

If the money they are paying us to use it is shite, and not enough to invest anything in the upkeep of the surface, then questions really have to be asked as to why we’ve agreed to it in the first place. I have no doubt the current state of it would put players off signing for us and I can’t imagine the current players are overly delighted about it.

14 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Might even have helped if Rangers had sent ground staff down a few times a month to spend a bit of time working on it. Doubt that they're paying the kind of money that would let us increase our maintenance budget and still get anything out of the arrangement. 

We set the rate for renting the ground do we not? If we don't get enough money in off them to look after the pitch that's our problem. 

I also don't understand why our pitch is seemingly so difficult to maintain. Previous groundsmen have had it in good condition - I've played on it twice myself when its been in great knick, so I do find myself asking why it's such a state now. 

47 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I was led to believe that Rangers ground staff have been helping work on it?

If the money they are paying us to use it is shite, and not enough to invest anything in the upkeep of the surface, then questions really have to be asked as to why we’ve agreed to it in the first place. I have no doubt the current state of it would put players off signing for us and I can’t imagine the current players are overly delighted about it.

Aye, Rangers have groundstaff who work on the pitch as well as our actual groundsman as I understand it. 

The pitch was (understandably) being slated by Rangers fans on Twitter yesterday too. I can't imagine anyone there is too pleased about the state of it for developing the next Kyle Hutton and Calum Gallagher. Same goes for us, I can't imagine Faz or our ball-playing guys like MacLean, Pignatiello and even Buchanan relish home games.

If thats the state of it with full time top flight groundstaff working on it then its a lost cause.

You'd probably need to build the pitch up with some sand and fresh soil, sort out better drainage and then re-lay the turf. Could do with building the pitch up a few inches and getting proper drainage in place.

As with everything DFC, the answer is money. Money we don't have.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

28 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

If thats the state of it with full time top flight groundstaff working on it then its a lost cause.

You'd probably need to build the pitch up with some sand and fresh soil, sort out better drainage and then re-lay the turf. Could do with building the pitch up a few inches and getting proper drainage in place.

As with everything DFC, the answer is money. Money we don't have.

Any pitch would suffer with the amount of games being played on it, regardless of how good the groundstaff are. The problem we have is that it generally struggles with just us playing on it every season nevermind other teams training and playing on it, surely our board know it isn’t the best yet still agreed to hoor it oot to Rangers. It’s just another in a long line of pish poor decisions made by those in charge and is genuinely detrimental to us - Carlo Pignatiello got tackled by a divot the other week trying to carry the ball forward.

We received an absolute wad of cash last season, some of that should have been invested into the playing surface like it has done with the floodlights, especially with the extra cash Rangers are giving us.