Sons' sorrow

John Brogan bought essentially a new team with the money and won the league.

Still find it bloody bonkers that a bottom league club was splashing £50k on a single player - apparently the equivalent of Kelty buying someone for £130k this season and not even they'd be that daft!

1 minute ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

Regardless of where we find ourselves playing next season (it’ll be league 2 btw), some clever work is needed in the summer to clear out the deadwood and cancel those 2 year deals….

Unless there's a relegation clause written in, the only way a contract ends is if one of the parties ceases to exist...

I'm not sure how even the biggest Farrell fans can defend his position now. Simply not good enough and our discipline and organisation are extremely poor. I would hope anyone on the board watching that today is now considering the words they'll use to tell him his tea is oot but I won't hold my breath. 

Absolute riot !  Farrel straight up the tunnel , never acknowledged any traveling support at all.  He knows he's on borrowed time  . Sooner he goes the better and we can start building for league 2 , he can take one or two duds to the next club he's going to sink. 

Farrell isn't going to get sacked at this stage of the season. Regardless of how much we ask for it. We will need to accept our inevitable relegation  and try rebuild next year. These players need to have a long hard look at themselves. 

Farrell's idea of signing "experienced" players has backfired big time. I really hope the next guy we get in brings some young hungry players in with something to prove. None of these last pay packet jobbers we have currently 

19 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Unless there's a relegation clause written in, the only way a contract ends is if one of the parties ceases to exist...

Well aware of that, which is why I said some clever work is needed. Hopefully the players in question don’t fancy a season in league 2.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we’ve not covered our arses with relegation clauses.

ETA, I’m ignoring the ‘ceases to exist’ part. The performances on the park are depressing enough - I don’t want to think about our off-field battles 😂

Edited by THE CHOSEN SON

4 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Farrell isn't going to get sacked at this stage of the season. Regardless of how much we ask for it. We will need to accept our inevitable relegation  and try rebuild next year. These players need to have a long hard look at themselves. 

If the board are happy to sit back and accept relegation then every single one of them can get to f**k as well. We can still survive, but with Farrell at the helm it absolutely isn’t happening. I’d rather we gave anyone a shot at it than just stick with what isn’t working.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

5 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Farrell's idea of signing "experienced" players has backfired big time. I really hope the next guy we get in brings some young hungry players in with something to prove. None of these last pay packet jobbers we have currently 

I don't see much point in waiting until the end of the season to sack him. Surely not saving much more money, if any, either. We always hear the same that we can't afford to sack managers but still managers end up sacked. If we're accepting relegation and Farrell gone in the summer now then sack him and let someone else get to work.

7 minutes ago, THE CHOSEN SON said:

Well aware of that, which is why I said some clever work is needed. Hopefully the players in question don’t fancy a season in league 2.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we’ve not covered our arses with relegation clauses.

League 2 too high a level for some  of them 

I criticised calum Wilson earlier in the season and was critical about his performances . I actually now think it's been farrel, he's ruined a decent young player.   He's frozen him and muir , lynch and orsi out the starting 11. Maybe it's time to start these guys again because what we're currently fielding is rotten . 

Everytime we loose a goal , the heads go down and there's no fire , players walk back to the centre.  Why isn't our captain or management team shouting and trying to rally the team up. I just don't get it. 

8 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't see much point in waiting until the end of the season to sack him. Surely not saving much more money, if any, either. We always hear the same that we can't afford to sack managers but still managers end up sacked. If we're accepting relegation and Farrell gone in the summer now then sack him and let someone else get to work.

I dont disagree but I just don't think we will. The board are very good at hiding and will do the same again here. As @Bring Back Paddy Flannery says, they can get to f**k too if they do nothing. we are in free fall and the players look like they can't be arsed. I'm fuming with Carswell today and wouldn't be fussed if he never pulled on our Jersey again, an absolute embarrassment to get sent off for Dissent, in the 92nd minute, of a relegation 6 pointer! 

6 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

0 points from the Alloa, Peterhead and East games in this run.

All our own doing too.

0 points from Alloa cause our pitch is a shambles and it cost us the 2nd goal.

0 points from Peterhead cause yet again we lost our discipline and our so called 'experienced' players let us down 

0 points from East Fife cause we are a shower of bottlers who don't have any fight in us. 

We are going down, Falkirk were pumped today and are in a crap place but I still fancy them to score as many as they like against us next week.

After today's latest capitulation the weeks ahead could be painful, and I'm now really struggling to identify any of those 'very winnable' remaining fixtures.  Falkirk were duffed at home today but I would expect them to (again) turn us over next Saturday.  And so on, and so on, Airdrie, Montrose, Cove, etc.,

I also expect Stevie Farrell to still be on the touchline throughout as A) he doesn't strike me as someone who will be minded to resign, B) he is contracted for next season and the club almost certainly doesn't have the cash to cover any dismissal, and C) I think the DFC Board will by instinct avoid any decisive action or unpleasantness (see also B).

This bungee descent could still have a long, long way to run folks.  And all in the club's 150th anniversary year.  Very disappointing indeed.

3 minutes ago, microdave said:

At least we'll have a few grounds we havent been to in a while to visit next season not to mention all the games we'll win.

I subconsciously found myself googling earlier whether Big Owen’s Bar was still going. Ominous stuff.