Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I admire anyone who has any sort of excitement or optimism going into the play offs. The overwhelming feeling I have is that I want the season over but I'm not sure why as I'm not looking forward to next season either. 

You'd be better watching cricket. Dumbarton fc make you utterly miserable.

35 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

You'd be better watching cricket. Dumbarton fc make you utterly miserable.

Toffs having lunch and calling it sport? No thanks. I'll stick to being a miserable football fan until such time that we actually achieve something on the pitch and rid ourselves of a criminal owner and an impotent board. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Toffs having lunch and calling it sport? No thanks. I'll stick to being a miserable football fan until such time that we actually achieve something on the pitch and rid ourselves of a criminal owner and an impotent board. 

I could see you in a wee arran knit, white slacks and a sun hat. Surely the must make them in kids sizes.

Dulwich managed to do a very Dumbarton-esque thing yesterday. Relegated on goal difference against 2 other sides. On the plus side, some great looking away days in the Isthmian Premier. Am I think I’m thinking we played Billericay in a friendly a few years ago?

37 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Dulwich managed to do a very Dumbarton-esque thing yesterday. Relegated on goal difference against 2 other sides. On the plus side, some great looking away days in the Isthmian Premier. Am I think I’m thinking we played Billericay in a friendly a few years ago?

I think Lewes are in that league, in which case a trip down to The Dripping Pan is a must. 

2 minutes ago, George Parr said:

I think Lewes are in that league, in which case a trip down to The Dripping Pan is a must. 

They are. There’s quite a few seaside towns, too. Margate and Bognor Regis. Bet the fish and chips still aren’t as good as Scotland, though.

I’ve been informed it was Billingham we played, not Billericay.

Some people being negative permanently, think they need to get real.  Yes we could easily see a repeat of the Edinburgh playoff ties and fail to turn up, but we have beaten annan 3 times this year, a combined aggregate score would be 8-4, so we could easily see them off.

Already beaten clyde too.

I wouldnt rate our chances in these ties as anything other than 50/50.

By no means a happy clapper myself but we need to try be positive.

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Are we not nailed on for Tuesday with only the opposition to be determined, or am I reading the fixtures wrong ?

55 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Yes, Tues 9th May it is.

That's annoying. I have plans Tuesday and would like to watch it if its streamed. Guess only East Fife would show it, though.

15 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That's annoying. I have plans Tuesday and would like to watch it if its streamed. Guess only East Fife would show it, though.

Yeah, EastFifeTV, I think Annan only have clips of matches on Twitter now.

5 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Anyone going to the "All-Stars" v Supporters charity game on Sunday? These things are usually a laugh and I've got a couple of pals playing for the All-Stars, so I'm.quite looking forward to an entertaining Sunday afternoon. 

I might nip along.

3 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Anyone going to the "All-Stars" v Supporters charity game on Sunday? These things are usually a laugh and I've got a couple of pals playing for the All-Stars, so I'm.quite looking forward to an entertaining Sunday afternoon. 

I’ll be there……. In an on field non-playing capacity 😉

3 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I plan to. My son's playing.

4 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Yip, I’m playing along with ma boy, this is my last game ever, going to enjoy every minute, just hope the body holds out.