Sons' sorrow

It's almost impossible to avoid a trip to Elgin and/or Peterhead in the winter, especially with both in the league. If we play either in the first few weeks then we'll be back there in December/January. I went to Peterhead in January a few years ago and the weather was fine so you can also get lucky that way too. Conversely, they have to make a long trip a lot more than we do.

2 hours ago, microdave said:

It's almost impossible to avoid a trip to Elgin and/or Peterhead in the winter, especially with both in the league. If we play either in the first few weeks then we'll be back there in December/January. I went to Peterhead in January a few years ago and the weather was fine so you can also get lucky that way too. Conversely, they have to make a long trip a lot more than we do.

Peterhead, the only place I've ever seen a dog 🐕 frozen to a lamp-post.

3 hours ago, microdave said:

I think nowadays most players live in the central belt so i think either way elgin is a long trip for most concerned.

But its true that sometimes the weather can be odd up there.Brilliant sunshine in January.

13 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

I think nowadays most players live in the central belt so i think either way elgin is a long trip for most concerned.

But its true that sometimes the weather can be odd up there.Brilliant sunshine in January.

Tbf, I was thinking more about the support than the players.

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I see there's a Ryan McGeever in Broomhill's squad list. But they don't seem to have announced him anywhere?

https://twitter.com/BroomhillFC/status/1674464776028663827?t=jE3EmIKMeeT_I3q4XIlSrQ&s=19

Noticed this earlier too, I thought the big man was away abroad? Would’ve been happy enough if he stayed on with us.

Tweet has been deleted now too which is weird.