Sons' sorrow

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Mmm, given they haven't filed the significantly overdue accounts yet that's interesting. Suggests they've put in an appeal based on some extenuating circumstances rather than that they're about to actually file them. Being five months late with the 2022 accounts isn't a good look though.

I'm not for one second defending our scarecrow ownership but is it not the case that they have indicated that the accounts will be provided within a timeframe acceptable to Companies House ?  As for the general point of timely filing, etc., that's par for the course.

Take a look at the sole Director of our majority shareholder Cognitive Capital Ltd and see if you recognise anyone.....

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

I'm sorry to read that DFC are still plagued with ownership and financial issues.  The league season only days away now and I wish you every success in romping it all the way on the pitch with a fresh new style.  All the best people.

14 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

...and you thought they were all going to be like that. 

My next match after that was the 3-4 defeat to Partick which confirmed relegation. That match, similar to the Ayr game, also had 2 goals in 2 minutes. Some laugh hiy.

30 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

My next match after that was the 3-4 defeat to Partick which confirmed relegation. That match, similar to the Ayr game, also had 2 goals in 2 minutes. Some laugh hiy.

IIRC we lost 3-2 to Patrick on the last day, after being 2-0 up, if that’s the game you’re referring to.

Edited by FifeSons

On 02/08/2023 at 19:20, microdave said:

We've had seven games in total that have produced 12 or more goals.

As I recall I've only seen a maximum of ten goals in the one game, a 5-5 draw with East Fife at Boghead (in the 70s?) That's a goal every nine minutes on average. It was the worst game I've ever seen - awful defending on both sides.

(I did see the 5-4 at Stirling but missed our first as I got in late. That was much more enjoyable - mainly for Paddy Flannery noising up one of their players and a magnificent Mark Crilly pass over the top to said Paddy Flannery.)

4 minutes ago, rockson said:

As I recall I've only seen a maximum of ten goals in the one game, a 5-5 draw with East Fife at Boghead (in the 70s?) That's a goal every nine minutes on average. It was the worst game I've ever seen - awful defending on both sides.

(I did see the 5-4 at Stirling but missed our first as I got in late. That was much more enjoyable - mainly for Paddy Flannery noising up one of their players and a magnificent Mark Crilly pass over the top to said Paddy Flannery.)

Alex Williams is the man that lost his head.

The 5-4 game is up there with the greatest Sons matches of my 40+ years support. 

It's up there with Oswestry plus another Alex Williams humiliation when we hammered Morton 3-0 at the Rock during their infamous collapse season. 

I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan of Matty Shiels in his loan spell back in 2019. Mainly because I had no idea what position he was, and Jim Duffy didn't seem to know either. But that was a long time ago. And he's played a lot of football at Championship level since then, so fair play to him.

I always thought his physical attributes outdid his footballing attributes, but if he had both of them then he'd be Harry Milne and nowhere near playing for us. His pace and physicality alone should make him a good asset at this level; perhaps even in a similar way to Kalvin Orsi on the opposite side. It'll be interesting to see how he's deployed, in my head he could be the replacement for Gregg Wylde as a more defensive minded winger.

His versatility could be handy. A left-back who can also play up top, left-wing or at centre-half and who is a terrific athlete. Welcome 2023 spec Iain Chisholm 🤝

Shiels played for us at Jersey and didn't look up to much against a really awful side. 

Having said that on the free market there isn't much out there, has decent pedigree and can play a few positions so might be OK.