Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Happy with that. Though it strikes me as odd from his stance as he's asked to be released after the transfer window has closed. Doesn't that mean he can't sign for a new club until January?

He may be able to sign as an amateur. And I'm not sure if the WoSFL would prohibit him from playing if he signed for one of their clubs?

I know Gregg Wylde wasn't popular, but off the park I always found him to be a really good egg. The other players usually spoke highly of the standards he had, as did Faz, and I think he was a bit of a model pro in training - which is maybe why Faz gave him an extension. I could never fully work out if he was a winger who wasn't all that comfortable attacking, or a defender who wasn't great defending. But he had some good games for us and scored a few cracking goals.

With Shiels and Young both in though, he really wasn't going to play much this season. So it makes sense for everyone that he moves on. I suspect he might be off to Camelon. His dad is the boss there and I imagine he'd be a very effective player at that level.

20 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Best for all parties that he's gone. Hopefully creates an opportunity for a loanee centre back to join the squad in Jan.

This was my thought too. Surely room for a young loanee in an area where we could do with some cover. Even if just cover, surely his wage will allow us something.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The decision to keep Gregg Wylde was absolutely mind boggling. 

I was told that his main role this season was to be a coaching one - it seems that there has maybe been a rethink or perhaps the player has had a better offer elsewhere.

To me he was always a guy who had steadily worked his way down the football ladder.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I know Gregg Wylde wasn't popular, but off the park I always found him to be a really good egg. The other players usually spoke highly of the standards he had, as did Faz, and I think he was a bit of a model pro in training - which is maybe why Faz gave him an extension. I could never fully work out if he was a winger who wasn't all that comfortable attacking, or a defender who wasn't great defending. But he had some good games for us and scored a few cracking goals.

With Shiels and Young both in though, he really wasn't going to play much this season. So it makes sense for everyone that he moves on. I suspect he might be off to Camelon. His dad is the boss there and I imagine he'd be a very effective player at that level.

43 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

He's signed a 2 year deal with Camelon.

😎

2 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Anyone had any success with a refund for the Kelty stream? I’ve contacted the club, but haven’t heard anything back.

I’m in the same situation. It’s incredibly frustrating - having paid for the game I didn’t get to see it and they can’t even produce highlights from the footage. 

Did anyone successfully access the game? It seemed the link simply wasn’t there. 

Regarding the stream - I spoke to our media guy who has confirmed the issue is with the website and he’s politely told them it’s far from acceptable and expects it to be sorted ASAP. Regarding refunds - that’s well outwith his remit but I’ll certainly let him know folk are still waiting to hear back and he may be able to forward the message on to the relevant person at the club. 

I assume everyone who has requested a refund has done so via email direct to the club? If so it’s a bit of a joke they don’t monitor that inbox. I’ve had similar issues in the past and that was when I was trying to give them my money!

29 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I assume everyone who has requested a refund has done so via email direct to the club? If so it’s a bit of a joke they don’t monitor that inbox. I’ve had similar issues in the past and that was when I was trying to give them my money!

Yep, I used office@dumbartonfc.co.uk. Always had quick responses from them, until now, tbf (except, of course, the time I emailed about them binning Farrell!).

The wake of a defeat is never a good time to make bold statements, but the starting line-up and reported manner of today's result at Elgin gives rise to serious concern for what lies ahead.

It's worrying that we seem to be no nearer a settled starting eleven, and I doubt that anyone other than the management team would have gone with that team today.

13 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The wake of a defeat is never a good time to make bold statements, but the starting line-up and reported manner of today's result at Elgin gives rise to serious concern for what lies ahead.

It's worrying that we seem to be no nearer a settled starting eleven, and I doubt that anyone other than the management team would have gone with that team today.

Lynas on the bench, removing Carlo from midfield, where he excels, attacking winger Orsi doesn't even get a sniff today, Ruth scores last week & doesn't even start today.

Absolutely bizarre, Farrell's a clown

Long

Young

Durnan

Crichton

Lynas

Orsi

Malcolm 

Gray

Pignatiello 

Ruth

Byrne.

The only doubt I had was Byrne with his injury proneness. We've still got a decent bench with Shiels, Hilton, Wallace x2, MacLean(if we can get his good game average up) and D. Wilson.