Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I found it interesting that Andy Hosie was lording it up down at the stadium with a team of English cronies today - swilling ale from the free bar and giving his pals an all access tour of the officials only restricted area. 

Shame the investors in his betting company didn’t know he was there.

image.gif.ffea0ec48fe8d415bc9ab00273058908.gif

We didn’t embarrass ourself

we scored a goal

I got to watch some Gers fans loose it when I said typical Gers get a penalty. “Celtic get more….” Then celebrating their 4th like it was a last gasp winner. Pure delight.

The circus has left and we have a nice little sum of cash all in all a good day.

Firstly, that was a great effort from our guys; in games like this all I ask is that we compete and we did that fully.  Special mention to Michael Ruth who ran his heart out in a thankless role up front.

But it was a strange game.  Rangers play like an AI project; all tippy-tappy and zipping the ball about to largely f**k-all effect, and it became obvious after 25 minutes that we weren't watching this season's Cup winners.

All of which makes the two goals we then conceded so damned annoying, as they were avoidable.  And sadly they also confirmed what many of us had feared beforehand.

More positively we deserved a goal and when it came it was a beauty, with Ryan Wallace delivering our only dangerous cross of the game.  And if that's Matty Shiels last contribution then thanks for the memories big chap.

So we pocket the cash and now move on.  Tonight changes nothing where the league is concerned but at least we all saw the softest penalty awarded in Europe this weekend.

7 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Is Durnan on a 2 year deal? Wouldn’t be ideal if he’s now on the perma-crocked list.

Doesn't say on the website or signing announcement so I took that to be a 1 year deal but there's nothing definitive 

12 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Is Durnan on a 2 year deal? Wouldn’t be ideal if he’s now on the perma-crocked list.

He’s a one year deal with a one year option I think.

Our shirt sponsor this afternoon I note is one of Paul McPherson’s companies. Hope this isn’t another Moreroom situation and we’ve actually earned something from it this time. Ruins the kit, but I’m fine with it if they are paying.

33 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Our shirt sponsor this afternoon I note is one of Paul McPherson’s companies. Hope this isn’t another Moreroom situation and we’ve actually earned something from it this time. Ruins the kit, but I’m fine with it if they are paying.

He's on here is he not ?  I'm sure he can confirm.

We miraculously get a shirt sponsor (with only 3 months of the season remaining) but just in time for a fairly high profile, live on pay per view tv match v Rangers.

And said shirt sponsor is an aquaintance of a certain A Hosie.

67477361-A10C-48AF-A225-F10FD284CEB0.gif

8 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Interestingly Viaplay had the stadium as the moreroom.com stadium in their coverage. Who knows if that’s an honest mistake or not?

8 hours ago, Elrow said:

So who we signing? We have doe now? 

We’re done for the window Faz confirmed. Shiels going out has been known about for about 10 days, and is why we were able to add players this month.

1 hour ago, GordyBrow said:

Interestingly Viaplay had the stadium as the moreroom.com stadium in their coverage. Who knows if that’s an honest mistake or not?

I’m sure Moreroom don’t exist anymore (shock…) I had looked them up the other day. That’s pretty poor stuff from Viaplay and a very basic mistake that just shows a lack of care. Almost as bad as the Dun abbreviation.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

39 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We’re done for the window Faz confirmed. Shiels going out has been known about for about 10 days, and is why we were able to add players this month.

I’m sure Moreroom don’t exist anymore (shock…) I had looked them up the other day. That’s pretty poor stuff from Viaplay and a very basic mistake that just shows a lack of care. Almost as bad as the Dun abbreviation.

Is anyone else expected to leave?

Emma Dodds was calling it The Rock to be fair to her. I don't know why that is not the official name anyway.

I've just watched Farrells post match interview on the clubs facebook and it's interesting to note that he's changed our aims for the season. In August it was win the league/get promoted. He's now saying the aim "was always" to get into the play offs...