Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Is anyone else expected to leave?

Emma Dodds was calling it The Rock to be fair to her. I don't know why that is not the official name anyway.

Harry will be away and it sounds like he's got something lined up. And possibly Luca Vata on loan. But that's it Faz said, will take us back to a more normal squad size.

I'm sure she stays fairly local; like Helenbsburgh or something? So that would add up that she's got the local knowledge. I agree. The Dumbarton Football Stadium is an absolutely rubbish official name. Call it The Rock officially unless it's sponsored.

40 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We’re done for the window Faz confirmed. Shiels going out has been known about for about 10 days, and is why we were able to add players this month.

I’m sure Moreroom don’t exist anymore (shock…) I had looked them up the other day. That’s pretty poor stuff from Viaplay and a very basic mistake that just shows a lack of care. Almost as bad as the Dun abbreviation.

I think you'll find that MoreRooms never existed in a functional sense.  There was a website showing photos of conservatories which was basically an electronic advert - no built examples, reviews or TrustPilot entries is very strange for a consumer business.

As for last night's sponsorship, well we don't have a great track record in turning shirt logos into coin, do we ?

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've just watched Farrells post match interview on the clubs facebook and it's interesting to note that he's changed our aims for the season. In August it was win the league/get promoted. He's now saying the aim "was always" to get into the play offs...

:lol: 

Just change the aims and hope no one will notice. Classic Faz.

FWIW you could barely make out the shirt sponsor, so at least he won’t likely benefit too much from it. Highly doubt we’ll be seeing a penny for it. Just a wee favour for A. Hosie’s crony.

I reckon Jan was right in the podcast and someone (possibly big bad A.Hosie himself) told him not to engage with the fans. 

On 08/08/2023 at 12:47, Paul Mc said:

Completely agree a proper meeting and finding common ground. I don't think I need to silence myself in lieu of such a meeting, my intention here is to get the raw feedback from fans who care enough to come onto a chat site. Be that good, bad or indifferent. 

If people don't like my comment that is ok. I am not perfect, I am a human and not a robot. I didn't come on here for praise or encouragement, I want to know where things are going wrong from fans perspective. It would be a shame if my intention is lost because the statement is imflammatory but really at my core my message is simply that we should communicate better. I am sure we can all get on board with that.

Bump. Any time yer ready, pal, the question list has grown somewhat...

Just felt like he kept saying “promotit” over and over again. Annoying.

What are we now - 6 weeks without a win? That’s not ideal for a team looking to be promotit. 3 points required from Borough Briggs I would suggest. 

20 hours ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

IMG_7810.jpeg

Presumably any other team in Scotland would be alarmed, or at the very least minded to respond, re national press reports speculating on its liquidation. But it’s just business as usual at this point for our car-crash of a football club.

And as Moonster alludes to, it’s fascinating that Pally Paul has disappeared off the face of the earth - or this forum at least. Subject to the emergence of any evidence to the contrary, we might soon have to mark him down as just another snout in the fantasy development trough. 

40 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What does it say about Paddy O’Neil when we are willing to chuck a youngster in against Rangers, who was always going to be leaving the club after the game, and who was chucking them in for fun before he was finally replaced. Just how shite is this guy and why the hell is he here!?

I said this yesterday. We would be as well signing an extra outfield player and deciding which outfield player will go in goals in an emergency. Complete waste. The only thing is that, by the sounds of thing, he's joined for next to nothing. But still... 

42 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Presumably any other team in Scotland would be alarmed, or at the very least minded to respond, re national press reports speculating on its liquidation. But it’s just business as usual at this point for our car-crash of a football club.

And as Moonster alludes to, it’s fascinating that Pally Paul has disappeared off the face of the earth - or this forum at least. Subject to the emergence of any evidence to the contrary, we might soon have to mark him down as just another snout in the fantasy development trough. 

The club Board seems to be like the Royal Family, never complain and never explain.  And just like Prince Andrew, hoping it will just all go away.

35 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

The club Board seems to be like the Royal Family, never complain and never explain.  And just like Prince Andrew, hoping it will just all go away.

The DFC board can be accused of various failures, but to call them paedophilic shape shifting lizards is a bit strong.

Did we let too many people in yesterday?  People in home end unable to sit in their normal seats due to people being in them already.

Away end on the TV looked full too, couldn't see the stairs as people needed to stand on them as there was no seats available.

Neither of our games against Elgin have been particularly good watches. The game up at Borough Briggs was one of those all too common ones this season where we've fallen behind and just never really got going.

The slog at home was about as one sided a 1-0 game as you could see with us hitting the woodwork four times, but we were also reliant on Brett Long for some heroics at 0-0. If we'd fallen behind then we wouldn't have won that game imo.

That being said, I think I'll be travelling feeling quite positive. We'll have Hogarth, Newbury and Kelly back. And I'm looking forward to seeing Lennon Jnr in action; speaking to people who have seen him, he sounds like a real talent. Although he has huge shoes to fill replacing Matty Shiels.

Might also be the fact that I'd been dreading the Rangers game all week, so a nice dose of reality with a non-hassle trip to one of the best grounds in the country is far more appealing. 

8 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I still can't get over just how bad that Rangers player Dessers was yesterday. He actually looked like he'd fit in at our level. How's he ended up at Rangers in the top flight?

Depressing to think how much he must earn, too. £10k/week? Maybe more? FM24 seems to think it’s closer to £25k/week :lol:

Edited by FifeSons

5 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I still can't get over just how bad that Rangers player Dessers was yesterday. He actually looked like he'd fit in at our level. How's he ended up at Rangers in the top flight?

It was had to be seen to be believed levels of bad. I knew he wasn't great based on what I'd seen on TV, but I still thought he'd have a field day against us. The man cost £4.5m.

My brother made a comment that any decent League Two striker with the chances he had would've had a hat-trick in about 25 minutes. Genuinely switch him out for a Rory McAllister or Matty Aitken and they'd have been better off.

Even his goal was completely unconvincing. He looked like a competition winner with just nothing about him at all.