Sons' sorrow

The result of the recent Sonstrust election to select a new Community Director on the DFC Board was as follows:-

Cameron Watson - 44 votes

Robert Aitken - 31 votes

There was a turnout of just under 33%.

Congratulations to Cameron and we wish him success in the role.

Thanks also to both candidates for standing and for preparing their manifestos.  Robert will continue as a Trust Board member.

33%. What a great turn out. I agree with everything about our ridiculous situation with ownership and their local parrots. But the 67% need to stop be so belligerent and stand up for the club. Know idea how we do it but we need to get rid of C G.

23 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

All the best to Cameron. You have a tough task mate.

Thank you. I might be quiet for a week or so while reading up on everything and speaking to all sides but the end goal has to be what's right for the club.

14 minutes ago, Sawkye said:

33%. What a great turn out. I agree with everything about our ridiculous situation with ownership and their local parrots. But the 67% need to stop be so belligerent and stand up for the club. Know idea how we do it but we need to get rid of C G.

While it would have been nice to see the turn out higher, I think the quick turn around and the minimal voting options would be the main driver. In the future we will work to have more options and that should drive up the turn out.

7 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Thank you. I might be quiet for a week or so while reading up on everything and speaking to all sides but the end goal has to be what's right for the club.

While it would have been nice to see the turn out higher, I think the quick turn around and the minimal voting options would be the main driver. In the future we will work to have more options and that should drive up the turn out.

I look forward to our new stands.

All the best and good luck.

On 06/02/2024 at 09:15, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

EB5164AE-4B2B-49C2-9838-A2A50530A434.thumb.jpeg.566fa13ff2b9ac52d975a1496dba6a2a.jpeg

Not sure if the article will be going online, I couldn’t seem to find it. I’ve no doubt @Jan Vojáček can keep us right.

Seen as you all waited so patiently (or went out and bought my paper), the full article has just gone online. Cognitive's full statement was about 500/600 words, so it's heavily cut down here. But I believe they might be putting it on the website; think that was certainly Clive's aim when I spoke to him at the end of the week.

My first draft was about 1800 words, so it's been cut to fit the page. But hopefully it gives some new information from behind the scenes. It's difficult for me because there's such a close link here between something personal on which I have strong views and my actual ability to do my day job here. So I'm treating it like I treat most sensitive or political stories at work; here is what everyone is saying. Make up your own mind on who and what you believe.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-fc-owners-speak-out-32065435

Is Neil MacKay part of Cognitive now? If not he should maybe keep his name off their daft as f**k statements, naive twat. I trust absolutely none of these rats and Clive Hyman can go and f**k himself.

That's my diplomatic response to this statement. 

35 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Seen as you all waited so patiently (or went out and bought my paper), the full article has just gone online. Cognitive's full statement was about 500/600 words, so it's heavily cut down here. But I believe they might be putting it on the website; think that was certainly Clive's aim when I spoke to him at the end of the week.

My first draft was about 1800 words, so it's been cut to fit the page. But hopefully it gives some new information from behind the scenes. It's difficult for me because there's such a close link here between something personal on which I have strong views and my actual ability to do my day job here. So I'm treating it like I treat most sensitive or political stories at work; here is what everyone is saying. Make up your own mind on who and what you believe.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/dumbarton-fc-owners-speak-out-32065435

The key passage here is the necessity for a housing development to 'pump-prime' any investment in the football club.

Just why is that ?  Is it because Cognitive Capital don't actually have a pot to piss in and have probably financed the takeover with loans, and they are primarily intent on using the Rock site to turn a profit ?  

“Protecting the future of this historic club has to be the priority. Yet more emollient statements, claims to be listening, promises of jam tomorrow and offers of further meetings will not suffice.

Just as a point in general that's an absolutely wonderful turn of phrase by Simon. 

22 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

The key passage here is the necessity for a housing development to 'pump-prime' any investment in the football club.

Just why is that ?  Is it because Cognitive Capital don't actually have a pot to piss in and have probably financed the takeover with loans, and they are primarily intent on using the Rock site to turn a profit ?  

I had no idea what 'pump-prime' any investment actually means (invest money so others do would be a guess) though I suspect Dumbarton FC are the only ones about to get pumped by this

1 hour ago, Frank Quitely said:

The guy is a self confessed financial guru, yet his master plan involves "selling some land". We don't need any "investors" to do that, so every last one of them can f**k off. 

As I’ve been saying all along - Neil Mackay is a yes man for Cognitive and this latest joint statement has simply confirmed it publicly. We need this pretender out of our club ASAP and until we get rid of him and appoint someone who is willing to stand up and fight for the club we will be staring into the abyss. On the field and off the field, his tenure has been nothing short of a disaster and I’d like to see fans make their feelings known. 

On 04/02/2024 at 17:56, Boghead ranter said:

44 years ago, but the content could be right now.

image.thumb.png.2e62761f047fd2e27456c9f3d1348333.png.8fcba0df7dddf91da6d90ce6e46157e6.png

I don't know if anyone remembers exactly but I think Alan Hardaker died the very next day.

The plans for the all-seated stadium is in the Football Museum at Hampden - well worth visiting.

Broomhill were playing Albion Rovers at The Rock last night. I've been sent this picture of the pitch during the warmup...

20240207_134102.thumb.jpg.f126b65c8dea325a19b661bbf79e3b8d.jpg

I understand it makes financial sense to groundshare. But surely we should use some of the money generated to employ a groundsman who knows what he's doing, and to provide the right equipment and materials to make the pitch something like playable. 

I will also die on the hill that you cannot win a league nowadays with a bad pitch. Stirling Albion share Forthbank with the Uni and their park is always in good shape, so it can be done on a grass pitch with the right care and investment.

24 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I will also die on the hill that you cannot win a league nowadays with a bad pitch. Stirling Albion share Forthbank with the Uni and their park is always in good shape, so it can be done on a grass pitch with the right care and investment.

The Stirling Albion pitch which has had 4 postponements in the last two months?

I'm being slightly facetious, they got unlucky with timing of games relative to cold snaps and storms but there was a fair bit of controversy about both Accies postponements.