Sons' sorrow

12 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

One of my tweets got bookmarked and Twitter doesn’t let you see who did it. Maybe Neil’s building up a body of evidence against me to get me a lifetime ban :lol:

I live in hope that the club actually use Social Media responses as part of a larger open minded policy of taking fans' views into consideration, but you just know that they'll end up telling the SM person/people to 'switch off comments'.

I don't know about anyone else, but seeing the club in this bad of a situation is truly heartbreaking. Everyone can see the problems, yet nothing can realistically be done. The board & manager will continue to pass the blame and essentially bullshit the fans further which in turn is only making things worse, its a vicious cycle which is going to come to a head at some point, there is only so much the fans can take before alot decide to pack it in. Troubling times.

2 hours ago, DFCTTFM said:

I don't know about anyone else, but seeing the club in this bad of a situation is truly heartbreaking. Everyone can see the problems, yet nothing can realistically be done. The board & manager will continue to pass the blame and essentially bullshit the fans further which in turn is only making things worse, its a vicious cycle which is going to come to a head at some point, there is only so much the fans can take before alot decide to pack it in. Troubling times.

The DFC Board, such as it is, has adopted a policy of trying to manage the ownership situation as opposed to confronting it, especially in the matter of securities which were established at the time of the Cognitive Capital purchase of the club's majority shareholding in April 2021.

Knowledge and understanding of these securities is vital, because if Cognitive through their created entity MoreHomes DFC fail to gain planning consent to build houses on the Rock site, then the securities could financially detonate under DFC.  Simply put, the situation is worryingly very murky and although the Trust has pressed for clarity none has been forthcoming.  And in fairness to the previous Board, such was their frustration at the lack of transparency that the then Chairman, Company Secretary and two Associate Directors resigned their posts.  That was a highly significant act.

The current club ownership is like a wheel hub, and every other activity, including the football aspects, rotates around it.  And of course one party stands to benefit from any decline in the club's fortunes and finances, yet worryingly there are still those who believe that Cognitive can be a force for the good of DFC.  I don't know about heartbreaking but it's certainly extremely worrying.

17 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The DFC Board, such as it is, has adopted a policy of trying to manage the ownership situation as opposed to confronting it, especially in the matter of securities which were established at the time of the Cognitive Capital purchase of the club's majority shareholding in April 2021.

Knowledge and understanding of these securities is vital, because if Cognitive through their created entity MoreHomes DFC fail to gain planning consent to build houses on the Rock site, then the securities could financially detonate under DFC.  Simply put, the situation is worryingly very murky and although the Trust has pressed for clarity none has been forthcoming.  And in fairness to the previous Board, such was their frustration at the lack of transparency that the then Chairman, Company Secretary and two Associate Directors resigned their posts.  That was a highly significant act.

The current club ownership is like a wheel hub, and every other activity, including the football aspects, rotates around it.  And of course one party stands to benefit from any decline in the club's fortunes and finances, yet worryingly there are still those who believe that Cognitive can be a force for the good of DFC.  I don't know about heartbreaking but it's certainly extremely worrying.

In your opinion, what should the fans/Trusts next steps be?

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

In your opinion, what should the fans/Trusts next steps be?

I'd encourage everyone who can to attend the Trust AGM on April 22nd, noting that non-Trust supporters can attend on provision of joining on the night.  There is a plan in early progress and it would be the intention to discuss it in open session on that occasion.  I'm not going to attempt to cover it here.

32 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Who believes that Cognitive can be a force for the good of DFC?

Chairman MacKay & C Hosie?

Just now, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I would say two of the three person Board.

No surprise there.

The SonsTrust need to get some flyers printed & handed out to the home fans coming through the turnstile, next home game, with something like...

Worried about DFC?

Please DO feel free to attend the SonsTrust meeting on 22/4/24 and raise your concerns/listen.

13 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I would say two of the three person Board.

Isn’t there technically 5 board members? At least according to Companies House. I guess Henning and Paul Mc are directors only in name and to grab some free sponsorship.

Edited by FifeSons

33 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'd encourage everyone who can to attend the Trust AGM on April 22nd, noting that non-Trust supporters can attend on provision of joining on the night.  There is a plan in early progress and it would be the intention to discuss it in open session on that occasion.  I'm not going to attempt to cover it here.

Will it be live streamed again for those of us members further afield?

3 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Jack tried to do it via YouTube last time if I remember.

Yep, I remember, but I think it cut out quite early on. Think maybe Farrell came and spoke IIRC/things were discussed people didn’t want recorded, which is fair.

Edited by FifeSons

46 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Isn’t there technically 5 board members? At least according to Companies House. I guess Henning and Paul Mc are directors only in name and to grab some free sponsorship.

Henning isn't a director any more. I believe the board is only made up of MacKay, Colin Hosie and Paul McPherson. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Henning isn't a director any more. I believe the board is only made up of MacKay, Colin Hosie and Paul McPherson. 

That’s what I thought, but he’s still there on Companies House. Not that the club is ever quick to update that, so you’re probably right. I wondered if maybe the confusion was that he’d resigned from the CC board, but not DFC.

22 hours ago, FifeSons said:

An interesting stat here: every season of Stevie Farrell’s (this being season 7) SPFL management career, his sides have finished in successively lower positions every season*.

Next season we'll be lucky to finish 8th - or anything like it. (I'm assuming he won't have been emptied of course.)

Edited by rockson

6 hours ago, FifeSons said:

My English pals are always amazed how parochial the alcohol laws are up in Scotland.

There are good historical reasons for those "parochial" laws. I for one don't want to go back to those good old days.

You can drink in the bar at the Rock before the game if you want to, so where's the problem?

20 minutes ago, rockson said:

There are good historical reasons for those "parochial" laws. I for one don't want to go back to those good old days.

You can drink in the bar at the Rock before the game if you want to, so where's the problem?

Could probably have a whole other thread on this topic, but it's wild to me that you can drink as much as you want during half-time at Chelsea vs Spurs,  but you can't have a beer at half-time at Dumbarton vs Stranraer. Maybe it's the Scottish law that has it the right way round, and as you say there are good reasons, but it feels like Scottish football fans are often just tarred with the same brush as the OF. Especially given the double standards in how much rope the rugby is given. I don't really drink very much anymore, so it doesn't really bother me either way tbh.

Edited by FifeSons

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I second this. It would love to see a full Bar72. A strong Supporters Trust can help shape the future of the club.

Hopefully the trust will have a very visible presence before our next few home games. We need a strong Sons Trust and that means members being engaged with the trust and turning out in numbers. A strong turn out shows the strength of feeling and appetite for change. It's really important with the challenges we're facing that the fans are engaged with whats happening and are ready to come together. The time will come when we're faced with the prospect of taking direct action or risking the club's decline becoming terminal.