Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Naught A Chance said:

Just saw a rather troubling article on the Stv news website about abuse aimed at a player? Does anyone know much about it?

From what I've heard, it's not good and I expect this to blow up when the details emerge. I won't put up what I've heard given it may not be completely accurate and the polis are involved. 

It was one of our fans that done it?! 

I know some of players aren't the best to put it diplomatically but for it to actually be reported to the police shows someone has taken this way too far. 

Farrell getting some personal abuse and now this suggests someone or people maybe need a bit of perspective on life

Just now, Frank Quitely said:

Thanks, but this feels grim.

It definitely is grim. It's terrible for the club, but I really feel for the player and their family. They really don't need this shit. 

This will be absolutely dreadful press for the club. Given we are already a shambles on and off the pitch this is the last thing we need. The fact the police are involved and it’s made the national press shows you how serious this is being taken. If the allegations are true then the person involved should hang their head in shame and I just hope the wider public don’t tar us all with the same brush. 

42 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

From what I've heard, it's not good and I expect this to blow up when the details emerge. I won't put up what I've heard given it may not be completely accurate and the polis are involved. 

The matter has been referred to the police. Probably best to be very careful discussing until the police element of this incident has been concluded. There will be time enough to discuss what's alleged to have happened and how the club will ultimately react.

Surely this individual can be easily identified. From my vantage point there wasn't a big away support and they were all clustered together towards the centre of the stand.