Sons' sorrow

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Suspect that, even if its false, its now so widespread that its going to stick to those involved and your club for a while now.

Yep, and I'd be a bit worried about safety concerns for the individual, given some of the nutjobs in their support. Just a thoroughly unpleasant situation all round. Much like the overall atmosphere at DFC just now.

Edited by FifeSons

3 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yep, and I'd be a bit worried about safety concerns for the individual, given some of the nutjobs in their support. Just a thoroughly unpleasant situation all round. Much like the overall atmosphere at DFC just now.

I’ve just seen a Twitter account sharing the alleged individuals phone number, which was published in a now removed news article on the clubs website. So your assessment seems spot on and it’s snow balling out of control. 

7 minutes ago, Rock Bottom said:

I’ve just seen a Twitter account sharing the alleged individuals phone number, which was published in a now removed news article on the clubs website. So your assessment seems spot on and it’s snow balling out of control. 

It’s thankfully not for me or any of us to decide what the punishment should be, but threats and doxing from Celtic fans is definitely not the correct one. 

Edited by FifeSons

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

There's not really much I can add to this.

There's been a bubbling undercurrent of unpleasantness around DFC for a while; and the line was obviously crossed at Clyde, and then crossed again this time. Albeit in (by the looks of it) a much bigger way.

I cannot get my head around people shouting stuff that is personally abusive. I don't get it at all. Football is supposed to be something we do for enjoyment (lolz). Nobody is forcing anyone to be there. And if it makes you so angry that you're unable to get through 90 minutes without saying something that prompts a club statement and a police investigation then it's probably best for all concerned that you spend your Saturdays somewhere else.

We have big issues as a club on and off the park. But daft things like this are the last thing we need, especially given the damage it will do our reputation. I've already had folk message me saying they 'didn't know you had that element in your support'. 

4 hours ago, Helensburgh_Accent said:

as it stands we are still in prime spot for play offs and six points clear of rivals. the manager and players are up for the fight shame the so called fans on here arent. the destructive negativity doesnt help anybody!! stick to supporting the team instead of your worthless criticism and thinking you know best. if u call yourself a true sons fan then put your money where your mouth is. 

Director found🖕

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

There's not really much I can add to this.

There's been a bubbling undercurrent of unpleasantness around DFC for a while; and the line was obviously crossed at Clyde, and then crossed again this time. Albeit in (by the looks of it) a much bigger way.

I cannot get my head around people shouting stuff that is personally abusive. I don't get it at all. Football is supposed to be something we do for enjoyment (lolz). Nobody is forcing anyone to be there. And if it makes you so angry that you're unable to get through 90 minutes without saying something that prompts a club statement and a police investigation then it's probably best for all concerned that you spend your Saturdays somewhere else.

We have big issues as a club on and off the park. But daft things like this are the last thing we need, especially given the damage it will do our reputation. I've already had folk message me saying they 'didn't know you had that element in your support'. 

There is more fall out on the topic from the song sheet which could be heard at Easter road on Sunday. Fully expect the discussion to take centre stage again and unfortunately The Sons are going to be dragged into it alongside the usual suspects. 

The club’s reputation is less important than the victims but to touch upon that topic for a moment, it’s going to drag DFC through the mud. Add in the ownership, the pitch and the manager taking OTT personal abuse then it’s not exactly an environment which sounds attractive to players. We’re not too far away from trying to recruit for next season. 

5 hours ago, Helensburgh_Accent said:

as it stands we are still in prime spot for play offs and six points clear of rivals. the manager and players are up for the fight shame the so called fans on here arent. the destructive negativity doesnt help anybody!! stick to supporting the team instead of your worthless criticism and thinking you know best. if u call yourself a true sons fan then put your money where your mouth is. 

The "worthless criticism" carries the same weight as your happy clapping tambourine shagging enthusiasm 

54 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

After seeing the Twitter post with who shouted it and what was  shouted I’m very shocked at who it is. Very disgusting comment aswell 

Be very careful there.  Are you certain the comment was shouted or was it a comment made to people in the immediate company which was picked up by someone within earshot ?  I wasn't there and I'm no lawyer but that may be something the police will consider.

19 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

20240312_185927.thumb.jpg.e827f3abc63c5c90d73c1eab030f9067.jpg

Hearts B players wondering what they've done wrong in life to deserve playing on that

I was there last night, to say I was shocked at the state of the pitch is an understatement.  I can honestly say it's the worst I have seen at any senior level (tier 1-tier 9) of football for a very long time.  It pished down all second half which made things worse as well, there were areas of the pitch where it barely bounced.

Praise to the auld guy at half time walking around with a fork, his level of ambition was admirable.

Sharing with Broomhill appears a bonkers decision from an outsiders perspective.

If the club really are looking to get an artificial pitch installed, which I highly doubt to be true tbh, all this bad publicity of late really won’t help any potential applications for grants and funding. Especially when advertising it as a community hub.

30 minutes ago, super-son said:

If the club really are looking to get an artificial pitch installed, which I highly doubt to be true tbh, all this bad publicity of late really won’t help any potential applications for grants and funding. Especially when advertising it as a community hub.

The club very much are looking to have an artificial pitch installed. But it isnt going to happen any time before the 25/26 season. 

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

The club very much are looking to have an artificial pitch installed. But it isnt going to happen any time before the 25/26 season. 

Dr Dofuckall should probably provide us with an update regarding that then. On the 6th of August 2023 he said the following…

We also feel that we need to focus on developing our Castle Road home and the addition of an artificial surface for season 24/25 to ensure our ability to fulfill scheduled fixtures and to provide a valuable resource for the community, encouraging involvement in sport, promoting inclusivity and delivering a tangible health gain for the locality.