Sons' sorrow

12 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

How’s Finlay Gray getting on for you guys, because every time we come up against yous I always feel like he looks a phenomenal player.

Personally I don’t think Finlay has been as good as I would have expected this year. He played well last week but there have been quite a few games this season where he hasn’t shown what he is capable of.

last week was much more like the Finlay of last season where he is still surging forward with real pace in the closing stages of the game and then managed to make the correct decision with a fantastic pass through for an assist.

Too many times this season he has made poor decisions when on the ball. Too many touches or just not finding a man with the pass. He hasn’t been the only culprit of that mind you.

Hopefully he continues on from where he left last week because he is a joy to watch when he is on his game.

21 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

How’s Finlay Gray getting on for you guys, because every time we come up against yous I always feel like he looks a phenomenal player.

9 hours ago, super-son said:

Personally I don’t think Finlay has been as good as I would have expected this year. He played well last week but there have been quite a few games this season where he hasn’t shown what he is capable of.

last week was much more like the Finlay of last season where he is still surging forward with real pace in the closing stages of the game and then managed to make the correct decision with a fantastic pass through for an assist.

Too many times this season he has made poor decisions when on the ball. Too many touches or just not finding a man with the pass. He hasn’t been the only culprit of that mind you.

Hopefully he continues on from where he left last week because he is a joy to watch when he is on his game.

He has certainly been more at it the last couple of weeks. He done exactly what I've highlighted above for our 2nd goal, again, today. I reckon he'll move up a league next season, even if we dont. He has a bright future and if he commits himself then he can go far. His energy levels are incredible at times.

Finlay Gray is the best centre mid in the division. As a young guy he'll make mistakes but his impact on games is always evident. With the right coaching he'll have a good career at Championship level, possibly more. 

15 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Interesting statement from the club regarding the incident last weekend... what does that even mean? 🤔

Screenshot_20240324_221235_Samsung Internet.jpg

I don't think it's anything unusual. Getting a somewhat independent lawyer to carry out a review that might lead to someone losing their job is probably a good idea. 

9 hours ago, Rock Bottom said:

It was either said or it wasn’t. Stupidity is a reason but not an excuse. Fair play to the club for following due process and making it public. 

IMG_0799.jpeg

Correct. And no matter how loyal a fan the person or their family are shouldn’t influence things or peoples opinion on the outcome. Just because it’s no longer a police matter doesn’t mean it isn’t a club matter, especially when it involves a paid employee.

The club deserve criticism a lot of the time but they have handled this well IMO. Some of the vitriol being directed towards a certain member of staff because her name is being slandered by fans who think they run the place is a disgrace.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Yup. If they draw and Peterheid lose or alternatively if Stenny win and Peterheid fail to win they clinch it.

A draw wouldn't officially do it, regardless of the Peterhead result. It would be like when Stirling basically won it at ours, but they bizarrely didn't celebrate because we technically could've still finished above them on GD...

Edited by FifeSons

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Yup. If they draw and Peterheid lose or alternatively if Stenny win and Peterheid fail to win they clinch it.

Try again pup.

You're forgetting the run Uncle Faz has you on. If we draw you can still win the league on goal difference baby.