Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

Alas no. We had the same score away to Hamilton Accies on the 29th September 1971. https://sonsarchive.co.uk/matchdetails.php?id=2453

Thank you, but how the feck did I forget that one ?  And what a strange sequence - two 6-2 away scorelines five months apart and then an interval of nearly 53 years to the next one 😲   

10 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Thank you, but how the feck did I forget that one ?  And what a strange sequence - two 6-2 away scorelines five months apart and then an interval of nearly 53 years to the next one 😲   

I'm already looking forward to our next one in August. Or is that being greedy?

15 minutes ago, Sawkye said:

Dundee game cancelled, referee said too wet and way too much sand. Why is our groundsman allowed to moonlight?

He got mixed up and went to the wrong DFC.

I was just thinking that if we reach the play-offs and play Spartans, wouldn't it just be totally a Dumbarton thing to happen if they were to beat us. (And a Faz thing, obviously.)

12 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The club may still be conducting their own investigation? 

I'd think they probably are, but having contacted the police I think they should now follow through on that initial statement.

15 hours ago, Sawkye said:

Dundee game cancelled, referee said too wet and way too much sand. Why is our groundsman allowed to moonlight?

From the pictures I saw that ref would have postponed any number of our home games this season.

On 17/03/2024 at 19:37, Sons fan 1872 said:

Anyone who was there yesterday how did Calum Wilson get on in his first start? 

Considering it was his first competitive game in nearly a year, he did fine.  Played wide right, but not there to beat his full back and get crosses in.  He was neat and tidy on the ball and put in a shift, carrying out his defensive duties well.