Sons' sorrow

18 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

It's good to see Cameron getting off to a good start. What we need though is a football man on the board. What about a club legend like, for example, Craig Brittain?

What has Brittso been up to? I know he was coaching previously.

Posted (edited)

The team look like they’re having a great and well deserved time in Portugal :lol: Can we redirect the manager’s fund to buy them a few rounds?!

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Any idea when thread promotion day is? When can we find the Sons Sorrow thread in amongst our new leagues one rivals?

2nd June. It's in the announcement's forum.

7 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Anyone heard if there is any sort of budget available for squad building ?

Some cash for the pitch, website and tannoy much needed too!  

2 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Anyone heard if there is any sort of budget available for squad building ?

We gave Hilton a new deal a few weeks ago so he must have some sort of budget sorted. 

Posted (edited)

I wonder if we’ll give Faz a contact extension. A year to go is perfectly fine and it would be totally unnecessary. We also have no idea how next season will unfold. It could very conceivably be a return trip to L2.

That probably means we’ll extend it to 2027 any day.

Edited by FifeSons

I know the squad was away the past couple of days but not sure on the management. Do you think we will get a squad update tonight or the coming days? 

4 minutes ago, Elrow said:

I know the squad was away the past couple of days but not sure on the management. Do you think we will get a squad update tonight or the coming days? 

I’ve heard Farrell is meeting the players this Wednesday and some stragglers next Wednesday. I think the plan was to meet tonight but I’m assuming the wee promotion holiday meant there’s been a slight delay.

It wouldn’t be the daftest idea in the world for him to stay on with us to have a crack at League One. One year contract, gets to prove himself at a higher level in an environment he’s comfortable in, and he can move on up if he proves himself at that level.

There are untold risks for his career if he moves to a different club under a different manager.

I may be wrong here but I see today our lodgers, Broomhill, have appointed Zander Diamond as manager and Martin Mooney as an assistant. 
Zander for the past few years has been coaching (not managing) at St Pats, who, in reality haven’t been setting the Heather on fire lately considering their status in the amateur game. His last Management job was at Syngenta in 2021, who I believe don’t even exist anymore in a senior capacity.

Broomhill when they moved in made no secret of the fact they were trying to ‘lay down roots’ and ‘embed themselves in the local community’. I can’t help but feel these appointments are purely to get the locals along to support. 
With our dodgy ownership and dwindling support (which hopefully will grow being in L1 next season) we could do without our lodgers trying to tap into sections of our support who may be tempted to go see a sons legend and local guy who made a very successful playing career at a high level! 

I know some folk won’t be bothered but it really annoys me and clubs like Broomhill (and a list of others I won’t go into) can get into the bin as far as I’m concerned.