Sons' sorrow

Posted (edited)

Thank GOD we are out of that cesspit of a league and won't be having to go to Meadowbank or K Park.

Alloa
Annan
Arbroath
Cove Rangers
Dumbarton
Hamilton/ICT
Kelty
Montrose
Queen of the South
Stenhousemuir

Can we crowd fund a war chest to try and keep Ruth?

Edited by FifeSons

2 hours ago, Vegetableman said:

Congrats , glad it aint spartans , S*it ground and harder to get to 👏

It really is a shite ground. Not to have terracing with steps is a shocker.

Well done, Sons. Happy to be sharing a league with yourselves again, though at a level I'd rather we weren't at. Be nice to get the QoS/Sons love-in up and running again. 

11 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

It really is a shite ground. Not to have terracing with steps is a shocker.

Yep. I saw one goal this evening because I was watching from ground level. And I only saw that because it was a penalty. But given the outcome, I'm not going to grumble.

What a night. Brilliant. It had Forthbank 1995 vibes for me from the moment we arrived. Great travelling support, sunny day, and Michael Ruth is maybe not quite Charlie Gibson stature yet but he’s heading in the right direction. 

I thought the whole team were terrific. Durnan was colossal, Lynas put his heart and soul into everything, Gray was classy, but Ruth definitely the stand out.

I quite liked the ground actually - I enjoyed the atmosphere. I thought the whole thing was a great advert for lower league football in general. It certainly seems to have hooked my eight year old.

Not sure I’ll sleep tonight but luckily BBC Alba is on iplayer!

Well done to everyone. 

Well that was a fun night eh? I thought we played great through the whole playoffs and it was nice of them to concede the pen in the last min to add a little spice.

League one beckons and I can’t wait but let’s have a party first. We still have tickets for the POTY tonight, you can buy ahead or pay on the night, just give us a heads up through here or socials so we know for numbers 

https://sonstrust.sumupstore.com/product/sonstrust-player-of-the-year-awards-2024

The Sons have won a championship or gained promotion eight times in my life and I've had the privilege of being there for the decisive match for every one. I thoroughly enjoyed (endured?) last night. Well done to Stevie Farrell and a very decent squad. 

The elite band of Sons managers is: Jackie Stewart (2nd division championship 1971-72) Davie Wilson (Promotion to Premier League 1983-84) Billy Lamont (2nd division championship 1991-92) Murdo McLeod (promotion to second tier 1994-95) Tom Carson (promotion to third tier 2001-02) Jim Chapman (promotion to third tier 2008-09) Alan Adamson (promotion to second tier 2011-12) and now Stevie Farrell (promotion to third tier 2023-24).

I wonder what the deal is with Newbury contract wise? I had thought if Hamilton go up try and get him on loan for a full league 1 campaign, although really I think he's got every chance to kick on there as well

23 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Happy for you @Jan Vojáček

😎

Must’ve been 5 year since last meeting with us, pretty sure Calum Gallagher scored that day too. Maybe his last game for Dumbarton? 

Anyway hope hangovers not too bad and see yous next season.

Cheers mate! 

He did indeed. The game where Cammy Ballantyne made one of the best saves I've ever seen :lol: